Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Games Are You Playing?

Yeah, that's a really tough number to estimate, especially since I'm currently working on my huuuuuge backlog and I play FFXIV which takes up a good chunk of my single-player time. But otherwise, I'd probably say 8-10 per year, seems like a good estimate. Still working on finishing P5 Strikers and learning Guilty Gear Strive with a friend.

Oh my God, Kratos’s voice is like if you mixed a bunch of diamonds together and put them into someone’s lungs. This game is insane.

Finished DMC 1 for the first time, after that final boss took about a month to beat, holy crap man. The combat is fun with a cool variety of weapons to choose from, and the soundtrack is kick-ass. However, the controls feel very clunky because of the constant camera switches every time I move to a different angle. Overall, not bad, but it’s a bit dated. Dunno if I wanna remake of this game, but I wouldn’t mind.

Now onto DMC 2. 6 missions, and *sigh* what a pain in the butt. I swear all I have done on that game is just shoot, shoot and shoot. There’s no challenge within the enemies and bosses, just hold square and jump and you win. What the hell happened? Is there any reason that the combat became a HUGE step down from the previous game? The infected chopper has got to be one of the WORST bosses I have every played in DMC. I looked some videos to see if there was a way to kill it faster, but it turns out all they did was do what I did LOL! Also I’m noticing that Dante has rarely spoken so far. Giving me some serious Venom Snake vibes…

Anyways, DMC 2 is really boring so far, but I really want to know where Dante and the story goes with this, which I guess is my only motivation for this game.

Just finished God of War. For a game about a bunch of douchey Norse gods, they managed to tell a very human story. Great combat and I loved the characters. GOTY 2021 for me. Might try Persona 5 next.

Beat Mass Effect One and moved on to Mass Effect 2

I used to LOVE Mass Effect one and now I like it but think its sequel holds up much better. Mass Effect 2 is defiantly in my top games ever made

So I got an M1 Mac mini this spring and the first game I downloaded was planet coaster. Freaking love it. I was highly addicted to RCT3 and always wanted to play planet coaster. This is the first project I worked on. It's my version of Velocicoaster inside a gravity building. It features 3 launches and a few inversions. The story goes that it was best to enclose the velociraptor's because they kept escaping. But of course, they had to add a thrill coaster to the encloser lol. Thus Velocicoaster: Escape Run! Enjoy

So I got an M1 Mac mini this spring and the first game I downloaded was planet coaster. Freaking love it. I was highly addicted to RCT3 and always wanted to play planet coaster. This is the first project I worked on. It's my version of Velocicoaster inside a gravity building. It features 3 launches and a few inversions. The story goes that it was best to enclose the velociraptor's because they kept escaping. But of course, they had to add a thrill coaster to the encloser lol. Thus Velocicoaster: Escape Run! Enjoy

Wait, Planet Coaster works well on the M1 Mac Mini!?!?!?

Currently engrossed in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Android), I've always been a fan of the AA series, and I'm doing a bit of catch up since I've never got a 3DS. Last one I played was the fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (A wonderful game where it's still unfortunate it never got a official localization.), so DD has been a rather fun one to get back into with the 3D sprites, animated cutscenes and a whole lot more mechanics. Currently on the 2nd episode and just finished up the second day of investigating, and it's been a fun return so far!

Started Last of Us 2......after a few hours in I dont want to...lol

Naughty Dog making a game that is just so dark to play

Just finished Kingdom Hearts 3 on Sunday. I enjoyed the first 2/3 fine enough, but the entire third act of the game is balls-to-the-wall insanity in fan service. Which is often a bad thing in movies and TV, but oddly enough works for video games.

Finished up the main story of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies a couple days ago and I really enjoyed it! It was a nice return to the series and I enjoyed the various new mechanics and characters. The finale case is probably one of my personal favorites along with the finale of Trials and Tribulations as it ramped up pretty quick with some satisfying character moments and intensity. It also pulled off a pretty dang good twist, and provided several moments which probably gave the game it's "M" rating.

All in all, it was a blast to play and I look forward to starting up the next game in the series fairly soon.
Also, before I got the game I noticed a bunch of reviews stating issues with the Android version such as it crashing around the cutscenes. It happened to me once, but only once. I don't constantly run a whole bunch of apps on my phone, so that might have helped with the game running smoothly. Regardless, even if it did crash on me again, I wouldn't have lost a lot of time since I run with the classic Sierra Point and Click adage, "Save Early, Save Often.".

I started Kena: Bridge of Spirits and I love it.
2jBiA9QgYRhxVUbJAhYm3T-1200-80.jpg

Tried the Halo Infinite Beta, solid gameplay nothing mind blowing and while I'm sure I'll play this game...not sure if it's going to kill my love of playing Apex like I thought it would.

Apex is still faster paced But This is a solid game to try for free this weekend if you can (check play times online )

Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy and I cannot believe what a great game this is. I like this version of the Guardians better than their movie counterparts! Lots of cut-scenes, but they are hilarious. The writing is top-notch. The soundtrack is awesome (except for a few duds), you get to use it in boss-fight scenes, and there is an in-game '80's hair metal album. Unbelievable.

I have a Switch so I played the "cloud" version. Wifi was laggy but I finally bought the Ethernet adapter that I have been eyeing (for complete Pac-Man '99 dominance of course) and it has played great since then.

Cannot recommended this enough!

Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy and I cannot believe what a great game this is. I like this version of the Guardians better than their movie counterparts! Lots of cut-scenes, but they are hilarious. The writing is top-notch. The soundtrack is awesome (except for a few duds), you get to use it in boss-fight scenes, and there is an in-game '80's hair metal album. Unbelievable.

I have a Switch so I played the "cloud" version. Wifi was laggy but I finally bought the Ethernet adapter that I have been eyeing (for complete Pac-Man '99 dominance of course) and it has played great since then.

Looking forward to play this in the near future on my PS5.

Glad to hear this is game is good! This post actually reminded me that the game even came out because I haven't heard much about it. It's 50% off on Amazon right now for all consoles, so it's a great deal at $29.99. I just grabbed it and it'll be coming in a few days so i'll start playing it soon.

Been playing a lot of Tales of Arise lately, pretty fun JRPG. Still need to beat the tail end of P5 Strikers, also the last boss in Metroid Dread. And very excited for FFXIV: Endwalker.