What Games Are You Playing? | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

What Games Are You Playing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been playing The Last Of Us again for what is at least my sixth or seventh full play-through if not more, this time on the PS5 version because i'm a sucker for this game and have three versions of it now (with three versions of Left Behind as well). I remember my first time playing through this and just being in awe. I hadn't played any of the Uncharted game, so while I had played games like the original Assassins Creed trilogy at that point, I had never experienced such a fully cinematic game.

When you compare this to the PS4 version, I still think the graphical changes are nice and other added things like a TON accessibility options and bringing over something from TLOU2 that was cool with animations when at a workbench or when picking up a toolbox, etc. Just things that overall make for even more of an immersive game. After this update, I won't buy another version unless there's something that truly can be enhanced further, but that time won't come for at least another 10-15 years minimum.

When you compare this to the PS3 version, it's immensely better. I remember load times being close to a minute for that game each time you died or you were booting up a new game. The load times now on PS5 around 5 seconds (as to be expected), meaning you are actually playing the game a lot more. TLOU is really a game that was made for PS4, but was released on PS3 to end the cycle on a high note. It pushed the console to it's absolute limit at that point.

Playing through this again definitely has me excited for the series next year and the rumored The Last Of Us: Factions multiplayer game coming soon as well.

It’s been a while after finishing it, Devil May Cry 2 was fricken atrocious.

Devil May Cry 3 on the other hand? Oh baby, that game was… stylish.

Now I patiently wait for DMC 4 & 5 to go on sale.

Finally finished The Nathan Drake Collection and now playing Uncharted 4 and then The Lost Legacy. Took me a long time to get to playing these games but i'm having a blast playing through them.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Persona 5 is now on gamepass, This is my third time playing through the game...and if you never have before this is a steal of a game on gamepass

If you haven't tried Marvel Snap and like Card games...then you really should its F2P but unlike other card games doesn't have packs you can buy and even if you get more cards just places you with other people with more cards anyway. Pretty balanced game so far and no need to spend money unless you really want to make your cards look cooler/get different art for your favorite cards

Reactions: MrRoamer
Just got Playstation Plus Premium. Been playing a bunch of old PS1 and PS2 games like Ape Escape, Syphon Filter, Crash, etc. Add on the newer games on the service and I think PS Plus is now finally respectable. Maybe it's because I tend to really enjoy Playstation exclusives and the fact that Xbox exclusives have been extremely lacking this generation outside of Halo 5 really, so i'm not as into Gamepass at the moment. Also Gamepass is significantly more expensive for a full 12-months than the highest tier of PS Plus by $60.

Took a while to start this, but I have officially started playing Silent Hill 2.

Love the the empty yet eerie atmosphere the game has, and whoever was in charge of the sound department, I seriously hope they got a raise! Every time that radio goes off or when I hear whispers, I can’t help but give my controller a death grip, and try to squint my eyes away from the screen into trying to avoid a jump scare. But of course, Silent Hill is better than just using cheap jump scares and instead relies on sound to make you afraid, and that’s what I enjoyed most from the 1st game. The music in this game is very haunting but oddly chill to relax to, which really adds to the horror of the game.

A lot of people consider this to be the best horror game of all time, and while I’m not too far into it, I think I can understand while, but I’ll reserve my full opinion until I finish the game of course. I’m curious to see if this will knock Resident Evil Remake off of my favorite horror game of all time.

Reactions: Darko
I beat the new Pokemon, while tech wise its meh. Gameplay wise I was hooked and put into sooo many hours into this game.

Also just wanted to note the sale numbers...for the future when people argue if Pokemon should be a land or not.

New Pokemon is awful.

But it is also fantastic? It is.

Playing Yakuza 0. can't rec this series enough. Hoping I can wait until christmas to play the new god of war game.

Finished Silent Hill 2, loved it! Probably the best horror game I’ve played of all time, right next to Resident Evil 1 & 2 remake.

As I said before, sound, atmosphere, and tone were definitely key aspects of what made this game so scary. Lots of hints and symbolism that build off the twist and felt executed well. Creature designs were very creepy, especially the way they moved. The voice acting felt… weird, but felt as if it added this unnatural feeling of the characters. Soundtrack was beautiful with its of dreadful horror, to lo-fi synths for calming atmosphere.

My only complaint here was how easy it was to find ammo and medicine all over the ground. I know it’s not Resident Evil, but seriously I was finding so much items everywhere that I was fricken stacked all the way to the end.

As for my ending, I was able to get the “Leave” ending, however I decided to lookup the rest of the endings on YouTube (As much as I loved the game, I don’t have a desire to start another play-through just to get some short endings). I’m torn between deciding if “Leave” or “In the Water” is the best.

Im curious to anyone that play SH2, what ending did you get, and what did you think is the best one?

Lastly, I’d love to see this come to HHN, no movie influence, just the pure game itself. I’m also kind of looking forward to the remake (The developer team is what CONCERNS me the most here). Now then, Silent Hill 3 is next!

Downloaded, just need to play. Very excited to try this.
These to me are the perfect gamepass games like High on Life, they are fun and not 200 hours long with filler.

Hope Microsoft keeps this up every few months and my god....please make Rare make a game at this scale

Just beat the first boss in Hi-fi Rush on Xbox Gamepass...do your self a favor and play it if you can. Super fun game

Digging this game so far, only played maybe an hour or so. I really like the way they blend the game and story together. It feels way more cohesive than a lot of other games.

Its a bummer I'm as bad at rhythm as I am. As long as I can see the beat, I'm happy, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of the way they encapsulate the entire world in the beat. Really cool idea and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Just in case anyone is interested in other music/beat infused game styles, there is a FPS doom like clone called Metal Hellsinger that seems pretty cool.

Just played some Hi Fi Rush and if you can put at least an hour into it. It's super great with tons of great animation, fun combat, great music, and a ton fo style. The hype is real.

Reactions: Tobias