Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Games Are You Playing?

I want to jump back in but Zelda....are you playing the next gen version?
Yes, playing the next gen on PS5. Fast loading times, better graphics, it's lovely.
Wanted to buy Horizon Forbidden west dlc the Burning shores but it's I decided I'm going for The Witcher first. I like to be behind on games so the game companies can fix the bugs before I dive in.

On a bit of a Survival Horror kick. Finished Resident Evil: Biohazard and TWD: Saints & Sinners recently and on Episode 3 of Alan Wake Remastered now.

I have Resident Evil: Village (probably playing this in VR Mode on PSVR2) and World War Z: Aftermath lined up next. Alan Wake 2 will be a must for me in October. Also still have to play the RE4 remake and Dead Space, but not rushing those.

I'm considering picking up Pikmin 4. Never really heard of this game before, is it worth a crap?

I'm considering picking up Pikmin 4. Never really heard of this game before, is it worth a crap?
I loved the first two back in the day on GameCube. Never played Pokémon 3, but clearly it was a success as that released on the Switch.

I'm three years late, but I finally started playing animal crossing a few weeks ago. it's fun and particularly great when traveling for work — I spent the night in o'hare last week [very fun, highly recommend lmao] and it was nice to have something other than my computer to pass the time.

I'm three years late, but I finally started playing animal crossing a few weeks ago. it's fun and particularly great when traveling for work — I spent the night in o'hare last week [very fun, highly recommend lmao] and it was nice to have something other than my computer to pass the time.
I still haven't. Honestly, I barely play my Switch (and my Xbox for that matter). I still haven't finished Luigi's Mansion 3, Zelda: Breath of The Wild, or Mario Odyssey and I got all of those games almost immediately after buying the console. I just never put it on anymore and same with my Xbox because unless there's the occasional exclusive or a good game on GamePass that makes signing up for that for a month worth it, i've become a Playstation player mainly over the past two gens. Playstation has tons of high quality exclusives and my PS5 is vastly better than my Xbox Series S (my mistake on getting the S, but probably money well saved considering I barely play it).

I like Sony's attempt at a GamePass competitor too with their revamped PS+ and am always finding something new to play on there plus their free monthly games aren't complete crap like Xbox are (if they even still do free games). It was bottom of the barrel last I knew. Meanwhile, Playstation has two big titles in Alan Wake Remastered and CoD: Black Ops Cold War as free games this month.

i've become a Playstation player mainly over the past two gens. Playstation has tons of high quality exclusives and my PS5 is vastly better than my Xbox Series S (my mistake on getting the S, but probably money well saved considering I barely play it).

I like Sony's attempt at a GamePass competitor too with their revamped PS+ and am always finding something new to play on there plus their free monthly games aren't complete crap like Xbox are (if they even still do free games). It was bottom of the barrel last I knew. Meanwhile, Playstation has two big titles in Alan Wake Remastered and CoD: Black Ops Cold War as free games this month.
yeah, I've owned every playstation console and my ps5 is still my go-to when I want to play something [which is less and less frequent the older I get]. it's nice to have the switch because it's something I can play with my partner and, like I said, the portability is great. but I love the ps5 and, thanks to how slowly I play through games, there's always a new, free game for me to work through.

yeah, I've owned every playstation console and my ps5 is still my go-to when I want to play something [which is less and less frequent the older I get]. it's nice to have the switch because it's something I can play with my partner and, like I said, the portability is great. but I love the ps5 and, thanks to how slowly I play through games, there's always a new, free game for me to work through.
Yeah, if I gamed on the go more, i'd use it more. I'm headed to LA though in a few weeks so i'll probably take it on the plane with me. I game less frequent in general that I game on console as I used to (a lot of that time has just gone to work or youtube in wind down time before bed). Sometimes i'll go quite awhile without playing anything and then i'm playing multiple games at once like now and planning more out for the future.

I'm more trying to catch up on a lot of games i've missed over the years than play every game right away when they come out (still haven't played Jedi Survivor yet either). I figure I have more than enough games stacked up that why do should I pay $70 each for a bunch of games when I can just wait for them to hit either Gamepass or PS+ over time?

Last edited:
On a bit of a Survival Horror kick. Finished Resident Evil: Biohazard and TWD: Saints & Sinners recently and on Episode 3 of Alan Wake Remastered now.

I have Resident Evil: Village (probably playing this in VR Mode on PSVR2) and World War Z: Aftermath lined up next. Alan Wake 2 will be a must for me in October. Also still have to play the RE4 remake and Dead Space, but not rushing those.
Have you played the original RE remake for GameCube? It’s honestly my fave RE of all of them. They did such a great job with ambiance.

Have you played the original RE remake for GameCube? It’s honestly my fave RE of all of them. They did such a great job with ambiance.
No, however it is on PS+ as a PS4 title and also in my queue. I have never really been into the RE franchise until recently so i'm playing catch up. Gonna play Village, continue my play-through of 4 in VR (i'm still towards the beginning), then play the RE remakes of RE 1, 2, 3, & 4. Then I have 5 & 6 as well. So essentially, I have a long list of games just in this franchise waiting for me.

Mass Effect is another Franchise I never got into when I was younger (I played pretty much sports games and Assassin's Creed and that's it until I was 18 or 19 somehow - I didn't know what I was missing) and want to play through at some point.

I'm about halfway through and I highly recommend it. It's not terribly difficult, but the gameplay is a lot of fun, and it has a very serene and relaxing atmosphere. You don't need any prior knowledge of previous games in the series to pick it up and enjoy it. Might be my game of the year, even above Zelda.

So much I’m playing and few games finished:

- Silent Hill 3 (Finished): Probably my favorite of the trilogy. Heather Mason has to be one of my favorite horror game characters ever.

- Signalis (Playing): Love the survival horror mechanics and puzzles in this one, and I adore this Ghost in The Shell meets Silent Hill style it’s going for. If this game pays off in the end, this might be my favorite survival horror game ever.

- Ace Combat 5 (Playing): Not a lot to say about this, but I do I like the team-based mechanics they added, along with the cast of characters that fight alongside you.

- Armored Core 3 (Playing): I am liking the story in this one. It’s similar to the 1st game and Master of Arena in terms of the main antagonist. Been playing the franchise and I’m looking forward to playing For Answer

- F.E.A.R (Playing): The AI plays really good. I’ve noticed many times when they move in and take advantages such as smoke covering you, being hurt by a grenade, or flanking you from a spot.

- Need For Speed: Underground (Playing): I’m so glad I dropped Hot Pursuit 2. The customization is amazing, the street atmosphere really good job at capturing an early Fast And Furious feel to it, and the race variety is fun to play with.

- Vanquish (Finished): Movement is fast and insanely fun. Slo-mo feels epic as you slide boost and shoot from any direction. They story is stupidly fun and certainly does feel like a Platinum Games story.

- Parasite Eve (Playing): I’m not much of a JRPG guy, but I do like this type of gameplay here. Having some turn-based while moving around seems to be the type I’m looking for. I do love the creature designs as it has that “The Thing” feel to it.

Started Pikmin 4

It starts out slow but it's also a much bigger game then the last 3 games. It's overall an improvement

Only two things I wish, was having online for the MP and real co op. I'm hoping we also get some story DLC this time around, I'm down to pay for more levels

Anyone else playing Texas Chainsaw Massacre? It came out on Xbox Game Pass last Friday. I'm not sure if it is Cross Play or not?

I've played a few games and so far having a good time with it. It feels like a nice change on the Asymmetric Horror Genre

Anyone else playing Texas Chainsaw Massacre? It came out on Xbox Game Pass last Friday. I'm not sure if it is Cross Play or not?

I've played a few games and so far having a good time with it. It feels like a nice change on the Asymmetric Horror Genre
I've been playing for the past few days. Playing with a group of friends is such stupid fun. Haven't laughed this hard since early Fortnite/Warzone.