What Games Are You Playing? | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

What Games Are You Playing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Starfield finally has a release date. September 6, 2023. Trailer looks nice, but it's sort of a whole lot of nothing. I know nothing more about the game now than I did before watching that launch trailer.

Embarrassingly, I JUST started playing BotW...6 years late, lol

I wanted to get some under my belt before the (presumable) Tears of the Kingdom demo at PAX this year

Embarrassingly, I JUST started playing BotW...6 years late, lol

I wanted to get some under my belt before the (presumable) Tears of the Kingdom demo at PAX this year
Don't worry, I just played the Uncharted games for the first time in September, only 10+ years late on the first three and 6 years late on the incredible Uncharted 4.

My gaming laptop is a lil long in the tooth. I was looking into getting a new one and it was bad timing at the time with the new RTX's getting ready to drop.

I decided to try out GeForce Now. So far it has seemed pretty good and at the price point more than pays for itself in my opinion. I think next week I'm gonna pick up a NVIDIA Shield Pro.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these? Wondering if I've just gotten lucky because I've only been playing lower end games (Dota 2, CS:GO).

After finishing up Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice not too long ago (Enjoyed it, though not entirely sure where I'd rank it though amongst the AA games.), I decided get back into some more general gaming which I haven't done in a long while.

The game to get me back? Hi-Fi Rush.

Just finished with the second main boss and I'm really liking it so far! Love the art style, there's a lot of character and the rhythm elements give a nice twist to the combat which is pretty satisfying. Looking forward to picking this up throughout the week and seeing where it goes!

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Finished Last of Us Part 1 and 2 back to back. I started Part 1 two other times throughout the years but never finished it. Stealth and shooting are not my fave genre. Modifying the difficulty allowed me to really enjoy the story of both. Really loved Part 2, but it way too violent for me personally. Team Abby for sure, though!
The way Joel was killed.
The way the game highlighted the cycle of vengeance was really really powerful. 10/10.

Started the remaster of Chrono Cross. It’s been a lot of fun and the music is really beautiful.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Finished Last of Us Part 1 and 2 back to back. I started Part 1 two other times throughout the years but never finished it. Stealth and shooting are not my fave genre. Modifying the difficulty allowed me to really enjoy the story of both. Really loved Part 2, but it way too violent for me personally. Team Abby for sure, though!
The way Joel was killed.
The way the game highlighted the cycle of vengeance was really really powerful. 10/10.

Started the remaster of Chrono Cross. It’s been a lot of fun and the music is really beautiful.
The two things that made me not finish TLOU part 2 is that it had semi open worlds and it was dark as hell.

The first game you can just walk through but the second game felt like it had padding, I'm much more excited for the TV show version to skip a lot of the traveling parts

The two things that made me not finish TLOU part 2 is that it had semi open worlds and it was dark as hell.

The first game you can just walk through but the second game felt like it had padding, I'm much more excited for the TV show version to skip a lot of the traveling parts

I think I was the opposite. I loved exploring and wish it had more of that. I took so many random photos of details (especially Halloween).

I think I was the opposite. I loved exploring and wish it had more of that. I took so many random photos of details (especially Halloween).
I loved this part of it as well. It made the Platinum Trophy for this game so much sweeter than the first game, which was honestly one of the easier Platinum’s I’ve gotten. Spider-Man was pretty easy too.

Speaking of playing games late, just started playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on the Switch. It’s a cute and fun game, but some levels are so short. Like less than a minute to complete.

Was hoping this game would hold me over until Tears of the Kingdom drops, but this seems relatively short. I feel like I’ll finish the main storyline by the weekend.

I'm just getting old and bored of open world stuff. If its a game with more RPG elements like Fallout , I can still enjoy those but story based games. I just wish I could fast travel to the next story beat.

Just me I know many people like these open world stuff but even God of War 2, I skipped all side stuff until the end because it felt like so much filler of just having to walk to my next location with no real reason but to have "side quests" and make the game longer. I just wish there was a story option when you dont have 40+ hours to beat a game with half of that being real moments you need

Speaking of playing games late, just started playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on the Switch. It’s a cute and fun game, but some levels are so short. Like less than a minute to complete.

Was hoping this game would hold me over until Tears of the Kingdom drops, but this seems relatively short. I feel like I’ll finish the main storyline by the weekend.
It is short, the DLC adds a few more hours but I loveeee that game. Its just so much fun, could it be longer? Yes but for the most part had a lot of fun with those levels and would love a sequel.

Advance Wars 2 is my next switch game

Finally got around to starting Hogwarts Legacy and yep, this game is pretty great. The best Wizarding World game since the LEGO titles. Definitely recommend it.

Finally got around to starting Hogwarts Legacy and yep, this game is pretty great. The best Wizarding World game since the LEGO titles. Definitely recommend it.
I got a little ways in and sort of have dropped off the past month or so. I do really enjoy it, however between work and then some other things I’ve been into, I’ve just sort of forgot to pick it back up.

Got sucked back into Valheim now that it is on the Xbox. Really fun game and feels much less buggy than it was when it was first preview released on PC a couple years ago.