Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 327 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what would Uni gain from that? The racer is taking two 700m loops to make one more regular sized coaster, if they did that at Epic theyd end up with a 2 and half mile coaster.
From what ive modelled they could actually make one track non-inverting and have a more accessible to younger rides with a slightly lower height restriction as one of the two tracks was slightly more tame than the other. That way they could serve a larger audience.
With load/unload mid course, you could still have one intense side and one more family friendly side.

As far as to why Universal might want to do it would be if the theme of the coaster somehow ties into the day/night cycle. Night becomes day, day becomes night kind of thing.

I don't really see much difference in building one 2.5 mile coaster and building two 1.25 mile coasters. It's the same amount of track.

Reactions: Legacy
I had gotten confirmation that the early track layout I posted awhile back was in fact two separate tracks. However, they key word is “early,” and things could’ve changed over the last few years.

Reactions: UPSguy
With load/unload mid course, you could still have one intense side and one more family friendly side.

As far as to why Universal might want to do it would be if the theme of the coaster somehow ties into the day/night cycle. Night becomes day, day becomes night kind of thing.

I don't really see much difference in building one 2.5 mile coaster and building two 1.25 mile coasters. It's the same amount of track.

Capacity is really the only difference. The extra loading station, staff etc is minimal.

Personally, I'd love to see this as a möbius coaster. Twice the fun and I'm not expecting this to be overly intense.

I made a layout of this coaster in Planet Coaster back in March that I've been meaning to share but reality has came back thick and fast and I just don't have the time.

Last edited:

So let me get this straight, you build one coaster........and one queue.........then everybody is queing up in the same place regardless of which side they can ride, and you have to ride at least one loop to get onto the other? You're essentially halving the hourly ride capacity by having the same people ride twice whether they want to or not, seems incredibly convuluted and inefficient when two lines one for a 48" track and one for a 54" track for example would put everybody in the queue for they ride they want to ride and improve the overall experience for everyone.

IMO exposed steel is fine and a variety of physical thrills are a key part of any diverse theme park attraction lineup.

If I have any criticism of the EU coaster it's that it is probably yet another sit down launch coaster, something that Universal Orlando and central Florida more broadly are quickly becoming saturated with. It really frustrates me that universal can't build anything with immediately building two more just like it. When I see unique rides like Time Traveler and F.L.Y. getting built at other parks it makes me wish Universal would pursue more unique and amazing coasters like that rather than just building multiple "launch past some AAs" coasters in every park.

Yeah this is why I'd rather have a wing rider, even if they're apparently not the most forceful things in the world. Universal is sadly very limited in what coasters they can build because of capacity, so I think a wing would fit the bill better.

Yeah this is why I'd rather have a wing rider, even if they're apparently not the most forceful things in the world. Universal is sadly very limited in what coasters they can build because of capacity, so I think a wing would fit the bill better.
Sadly the novelty wears off really quickly on a wing coaster and it ends up being the same things that make not want to ride one of their coasters, and lets be honest B&M coasters arent exactly going extinct at SWO, USF or BGT. I just feel what sets Uni and at certain times Disney, apart from all the others is them setting out with a story or an experience they want to build and thinking outside of the box to achieve that, if they means using a standard launch coaster or something completely bespoke and invented/ new im not bothered, I just dont like, when those stories or whatever are shoehorned into a particle type of ride system they like or got a discount on .

Sadly the novelty wears off really quickly on a wing coaster and it ends up being the same things that make not want to ride one of their coasters, and lets be honest B&M coasters arent exactly going extinct at SWO, USF or BGT. I just feel what sets Uni and at certain times Disney, apart from all the others is them setting out with a story or an experience they want to build and thinking outside of the box to achieve that, if they means using a standard launch coaster or something completely bespoke and invented/ new im not bothered, I just dont like, when those stories or whatever are shoehorned into a particle type of ride system they like or got a discount on .

It's great to have a lot of rides that tell stories but I don't think everything needs to do so if it means sacrificing attraction variety.

Reactions: Happytycho
So let me get this straight, you build one coaster........and one queue.........then everybody is queing up in the same place regardless of which side they can ride, and you have to ride at least one loop to get onto the other? You're essentially halving the hourly ride capacity by having the same people ride twice whether they want to or not, seems incredibly convuluted and inefficient
Yes, this is what you do. Or at least it's what six flags did with Twisted Colossus and West Coast Racers.

But it's not what this ride will/should do. In this case the tracks will be long enough that you don't need to ride both sides (one side is already sort of like two laps?) and so its better to have to capacity of two tracks.
when two lines one for a 48" track and one for a 54" track for example would put everybody in the queue for they ride they want to ride and improve the overall experience for everyone.
This doesn't make sense. Height requirements are a function of the trains, not the existance of inversions or other thrills, so different height requirements would require the sides to be such different layouts that more basic trains can be used on one side and that point you probably don't have a duelling coaster. It would also be asking for tons of guest confusion and would mean you have two lower capacity rides rather than one (by duplication) high capacity ride. Just build a racing/duelling coaster with two similar tracks and a 130cm height requirement (Mack standard for launch coasters) and enjoy the high capacity. It matters not one bit whether the tracks are separate or mobius - that's a distinction worthy of only a "fun fact" sign.

Reactions: Legacy
So let me get this straight, you build one coaster........and one queue.........then everybody is queing up in the same place regardless of which side they can ride, and you have to ride at least one loop to get onto the other? You're essentially halving the hourly ride capacity by having the same people ride twice whether they want to or not, seems incredibly convuluted and inefficient when two lines one for a 48" track and one for a 54" track for example would put everybody in the queue for they ride they want to ride and improve the overall experience for everyone.
No, one queue that splits like dueling dragon's queue. Choose Thy Fate.

I really don't get the complaints about launched coasters. If Universal had just built 2 coasters with a traditional lift hill would there be complaints that they were too "samey"? Especially considering VC and Hagride are *nothing* alike outside of the fact that they have launches?

I'll take rides like Hagrid and VC over either of the wingriders I've ever experienced, which are *fine* but nothing special.

Yes, this is what you do. Or at least it's what six flags did with Twisted Colossus and West Coast Racers.

But it's not what this ride will/should do. In this case the tracks will be long enough that you don't need to ride both sides (one side is already sort of like two laps?) and so its better to have to capacity of two tracks.

This doesn't make sense. Height requirements are a function of the trains, not the existance of inversions or other thrills, so different height requirements would require the sides to be such different layouts that more basic trains can be used on one side and that point you probably don't have a duelling coaster. It would also be asking for tons of guest confusion and would mean you have two lower capacity rides rather than one (by duplication) high capacity ride. Just build a racing/duelling coaster with two similar tracks and a 130cm height requirement (Mack standard for launch coasters) and enjoy the high capacity. It matters not one bit whether the tracks are separate or mobius - that's a distinction worthy of only a "fun fact" sign.
West Coast Racers is a poop show, and only gets 600/hr absolute max why would anyone want that? When the only reason for building a mobius at a universal park would to please a tiny minority of coaster fan boys so really what is the point? ,Two Tracks, two coasters a redundency if one coaster goes down and doesn't kill entire attraction. as well as a multitude of other operational reasons

This is still best guess I have for the track layouts—and they are two distinct tracks. The released concept art for the park took some artistic liberties, but I have heard this is closer to the original, actual layouts.

SpaceCoaster03.jpg

West Coast Racers is a poop show, and only gets 600/hr absolute max why would anyone want that? When the only reason for building a mobius at a universal park would to please a tiny minority of coaster fan boys so really what is the point? ,Two Tracks, two coasters a redundency if one coaster goes down and doesn't kill entire attraction. as well as a multitude of other operational reasons
Is anyone really clamoring for a mobius coaster?

They are kind of silly

Reactions: tommyhawkins
Image result for mobius strip coaster

A Möbius Loop roller coaster is a racing or dueling roller coaster that is built as a single connecting track, as opposed to two separate tracks. As a result, if the train leaves the left side of the station, it will arrive at the right side of the station. The cool thing is the tracks never cross over each other at Kennywood, which usually confuses the people who aren't aware its that type of coaster.

Reactions: shiekra38
I really don't get the complaints about launched coasters. If Universal had just built 2 coasters with a traditional lift hill would there be complaints that they were too "samey"? Especially considering VC and Hagride are *nothing* alike outside of the fact that they have launches?

I'll take rides like Hagrid and VC over either of the wingriders I've ever experienced, which are *fine* but nothing special.

This brings up an important point in that I think VC and Hagrid have changed the coaster game for Universal. We're all clamouring for a replacement for HRRR, preferably a hyper coaster but what does that look like after VC and Hagrid?

Does Twisted Colossus qualify as a mobius coaster?

If so, yes, I would be happy to see more of them. But maybe it’s less about the style and more about RMC

Yes it does and Twisted Colossus is dope.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So are we getting a Kuka coaster where you can lay down, stand up or sit, get launched or have a slow hill climb and that can go as crazy or slow as you want it to go? And will it has ABBA Voyage ABBA-tars in it as that cover of the album is fitting to the theme of the hub. I guess not and that is fine.
We get 1unique kiddy coaster for Donky Kong, a family coaster for How to train your dragon and 2 big for the big boys and girls that will go for sure up and down and have tilted corners and stuff, whoopy.

So are we getting a Kuka coaster where you can lay down, stand up or sit, get launched or have a slow hill climb and that can go as crazy or slow as you want it to go? And will it has ABBA Voyage ABBA-tars in it as that cover of the album is fitting to the theme of the hub. I guess not and that is fine.
We get 1unique kiddy coaster for Donky Kong, a family coaster for How to train your dragon and 2 big for the big boys and girls that will go for sure up and down and have tilted corners and stuff, whoopy.

I would love to see a Robocoaster G3 in the park for Monsters Eticket , it doesn't necessarily have to be huge elevations.....but even like 5 metres would mean they could do so much more with the layout and it definitely couldnt be accused of being just another Forbidden Journey. The plans suggest the show building is quite tall its just whether its taller than hogwarts or not.

This brings up an important point in that I think VC and Hagrid have changed the coaster game for Universal. We're all clamouring for a replacement for HRRR, preferably a hyper coaster but what does that look like after VC and Hagrid?

Yes it does and Twisted Colossus is dope.
I was watching the Decepticoaster POV earlier, and they have done a fine job of making something new out of Hulk, but I couldn't help feeling that it feels super out of date for what Uni are doing with coasters now after those two and theming stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.