Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that launched coasters can do whatever and Hagrid's is a good example of this, but a lot of bigger launched coasters do tend to do the same sorts of things.

And hyper coasters can do whatever too if you're willing to talk with a manufacturer other than B&M.

It's not about whether RMC could theoretically build a family coaster, it's that RMC's are traditionally liked because of their intensity which contradicts with the idea of a family coaster.

It's interesting because HRRR was supposed to be visually imposing/extreme but without inversions . . . except it doesn't have good airtime or a good ride experience in general. And if the only requirements are "on the extreme side but lack inversions plus a ton of air time" then they could just as easily be satisfied by a 100ft tall RMC or GCI or Intamin (or anyone else really).

In general I try not to be too prescriptive about ride types or manufacturers, but I feel like the gaps in Universal's coaster lineup are:
- a coaster that is all about airtime
- a coaster that is "unique" such as spinning, flying, etc.
- a true (low height requirement) family coaster with decent theming (this might be satisfied by DK or the HTTYD coaster)
- a good big/outdoor coaster at each USF and EU (obviously EU will be covered by the hub coaster)

I guess my argument is basically that VelociCoaster already checked off the "fast and twisty launch coaster" box so I'd rather see them going for one of the other gaps with the EU hub coaster.

Wouldn't the "coaster focused on airtime" already be covered by Velocicoaster? You're getting thrown out of your seat every other second.

Yes, because the original post was complaining about an exposed coaster going into EU

That complaint is normally tied to a certain company that doesn't build coasters in that way

Not sure if you are referring to my post, but I want to make it clear......I have total faith in Universal building awesome coasters. My preference would be to have something different in place of this coaster. I guess that RRR sticks in my craw as a totally unnecessary eyesore and pretty bad coaster overall.......but yes, I am using a thematic standard invented by Disney as my baseline. That being said.....Universal has done a kickass job with their recent coasters....no reason to think that this one will be any different. I should not have used the "Six Flags" reference as I know that is a HUGE trigger for some.

Did nobody see mine and @Alicia Hub Coaster pre-vis ? it is loaded with airtime opportunity, hell....it even has a top hat over the station. I feel at this stage its being massively underestimated
Yes, the proposed layout looked great and I don't see any issues with it.

Again, I think this is a great addition to EU and a massive outdoor coaster is always a good choice

...Even if it's a rumored Mack which have notoriously forceless launches

Reactions: tommyhawkins
Yes, the proposed layout looked great and I don't see any issues with it.

Again, I think this is a great addition to EU and a massive outdoor coaster is always a good choice

...Even if it's a rumored Mack which have notoriously forceless launches

I feel fairly confident that MACK or even Premier would work with UC to achieve what they want, theres also the fact that, it's so large that it will need a lot of force on both launches to make it round the course. I know it wasn't quite VC speeds i was having to set it to, but it was definitely north of 60mph

I don't think this will ever happen but since this is the Wish List thread, whatever.

If an LotR land were to happen, the obvious choice for locale would be the Shire. The restaurant would be Green Dragon, and my choice for a ride system would be a next-gen ET. You would enter the ride through the door in Bag End, eventually transition to the woods on the edge of The Shire, and board a vehicle like, well, ET's. Instead of bikes you would be riding on carousel-style eagle seats (ok, I haven't though this part through entirely, bu basically the story is you would be riding on the backs of eagles over Middle Earth). You would then fly over a wide variety of miniature sets replicating famous places in the films--Minas Tirith, Rivendell, Gates of Argonath, etc. Then I guess the final scene could be a video projection of the map showing you routing back to The Shire. The nice thing is that it could technically take place after the series and it could be that nothing actually goes "wrong," in the vein of FoP (then again people might not be happy with lack of characters, I guess you could have Sam make an appearance in the queue if Sean isn't too old looking).

Last edited:
Comment and a question.

My wish list item is convenient transportation from the current resort to the new. Whether that means a dedicated bus lane or if they get really creative and want to do something completely out of the box - I'm good with either. But it'd be nice to be able not only to get from a place like Sapphire quickly to EPIC - but it's also be nice to have a quick way from USO or IoA over to EPIC (and reverse) as well.

Question on Cosmic Rewind. I've been under the impression (maybe incorrectly so) that CR is Disney's take on Gringott's. Can someone educate me on this.

Comment and a question.

My wish list item is convenient transportation from the current resort to the new. Whether that means a dedicated bus lane or if they get really creative and want to do something completely out of the box - I'm good with either. But it'd be nice to be able not only to get from a place like Sapphire quickly to EPIC - but it's also be nice to have a quick way from USO or IoA over to EPIC (and reverse) as well.

Question on Cosmic Rewind. I've been under the impression (maybe incorrectly so) that CR is Disney's take on Gringott's. Can someone educate me on this.

Kirkman Road extension will have a dedicated buslane which you can see in the concept art here:
Kirkman.mp4.Still002.jpg

From what I have seen so far from in my research of CR is that its probably Gringotts meets Space Mountain. Theres a lot of unknown questions, but there is likely to be show scenes in the Energy building....launched in some Tron type show scenes, at least one lift hill if not two with a larger scene. I suspect it will dispatch like Gringotts in pairs of trains. but more frequently like SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.