Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 328 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This brings up an important point in that I think VC and Hagrid have changed the coaster game for Universal. We're all clamouring for a replacement for HRRR, preferably a hyper coaster but what does that look like after VC and Hagrid?
Something on par with Hyperion at Energylandia would do wonders. Personally, the Universal and Intamin relationship is something I hope continues to blossom in the coming years

Reactions: UPSguy
I was watching the Decepticoaster POV earlier, and they have done a fine job of making something new out of Hulk, but I couldn't help feeling that it feels super out of date for what Uni are doing with coasters now after those two and theming stuff

The Hulk redo was kind of disappointing. Beijing seemed to smooth the track out a little but the biggest improvement by a mile was the new restraint system on the trains. Why Orlando didn't get that is beyond me.

Hulk is also kind of a weird coaster. The first half is fantastic but the second half is kind of boring and uninspired.

Something on par with Hyperion at Energylandia would do wonders. Personally, the Universal and Intamin relationship is something I hope continues to blossom in the coming years

Universal have moved into the area of needing high capacity coasters and I'm kind of amazed that they managed to pull it off with Hagrid and VC.

B&Ms are people eaters but honestly, the only type of coaster I think the resort is missing is a hyper coaster and whether Universal would want something so tall on property is probably another issue.

Incredicoaster kind of gets a bad rep but I quite liked it but the wrap around tunnels on the track does give the opportunity for some kind of theming or something plus it does heighten the speed.

The Hulk redo was kind of disappointing. Beijing seemed to smooth the track out a little but the biggest improvement by a mile was the new restraint system on the trains. Why Orlando didn't get that is beyond me.

The vest restraints would have required them to rebuild the station and launch tube due to the trains being wider is what I recall people saying

B&Ms are people eaters but honestly, the only type of coaster I think the resort is missing is a hyper coaster and whether Universal would want something so tall on property is probably another issue.

There were plans for a JP Hyper that never got the green light. I think my issue with a hyper is they're everywhere

The vest restraints would have required them to rebuild the station and launch tube due to the trains being wider is what I recall people saying

There were plans for a JP Hyper that never got the green light. I think my issue with a hyper is they're everywhere

You have Mako down the road but a hyper is always a crowd pleaser. In an ideal world, I'd love to see an RMC, how well that can be themed, I'm not sure.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
You have Mako down the road but a hyper is always a crowd pleaser. In an ideal world, I'd love to see an RMC, how well that can be themed, I'm not sure.
Eh. With Mako right down the road I just don’t see a need for it. Hypers are all so similar.

Would love an RMC, but considering their reliability issues I doubt it would ever happen. I think a family RMC in Toon Lagoon would be cool.

Reactions: shiekra38
Eh. With Mako right down the road I just don’t see a need for it. Hypers are all so similar.

Would love an RMC, but considering their reliability issues I doubt it would ever happen. I think a family RMC in Toon Lagoon would be cool.

Even a bad hyper would probably be better than HRRR.

Anyway, I think coaster chat has taken this thread too far off topic.

Hulk is also kind of a weird coaster. The first half is fantastic but the second half is kind of boring and uninspired.

Universal have moved into the area of needing high capacity coasters and I'm kind of amazed that they managed to pull it off with Hagrid and VC.

Incredicoaster kind of gets a bad rep but I quite liked it but the wrap around tunnels on the track does give the opportunity for some kind of theming or something plus it does heighten the speed.
I only say an Intamin hyper because they are a bit different than B&Ms, yet have similar capacity...Which would differentiate it a bit from Mako

Personally I would love for Universal to go bullish and take the "tallest hyper in Florida"

I almost wish EU was getting a hyper...but I'm happy that it's getting the dueling space coaster

I only say an Intamin hyper because they are a bit different than B&Ms, yet have similar capacity...Which would differentiate it a bit from Mako

Personally I would love for Universal to go bullish and take the "tallest hyper in Florida"

I almost wish EU was getting a hyper...but I'm happy that it's getting the dueling space coaster

The dueling coaster is like Universal have done everything in their power to justify removing DC.

The dueling coaster looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

Let's see what happens with Cosmic Rewind, my expectations are super low, but it would be nice if Disney are able to throw down the gauntlet for a proper Indoor dark coaster. We know that Uni are more than capable of building decent indoor coasters, their own limiting factor in my opinion has always been space working within the sound stage box size. would love to see them go all in on something much larger in scope than Mummy or Gringotts etc

I'd love to hear more about how you reached the conclusion that the only type of coaster the resort is missing is a hyper coaster.

With Velocicoaster just down the road I just don't see the need for the launched hub coaster.

And "family RMC" sounds like an oxymoron.

I'd love to hear more about how you reached the conclusion that the only type of coaster the resort is missing is a hyper coaster.

With Velocicoaster just down the road I just don't see the need for the launched hub coaster.

And "family RMC" sounds like an oxymoron.

Hypers tend to be more on the extreme side but lack inversions (Which can be off putting for some people) plus a ton of air time.

What do you think is missing?

Why my proposal would’ve been wing. No it’s not the most thrilling but it’s a high capacity (Gatekeeper gets the same capacity as VC) crowd pleasing model that doesn’t exist in the Florida market.

Reactions: Happytycho
A launched coaster can do whatever. Every B&M hyper does the same stuff.
I agree that launched coasters can do whatever and Hagrid's is a good example of this, but a lot of bigger launched coasters do tend to do the same sorts of things.

And hyper coasters can do whatever too if you're willing to talk with a manufacturer other than B&M.

Someone should have told RMC that, I guess
It's not about whether RMC could theoretically build a family coaster, it's that RMC's are traditionally liked because of their intensity which contradicts with the idea of a family coaster.

Hypers tend to be more on the extreme side but lack inversions (Which can be off putting for some people) plus a ton of air time.

What do you think is missing?
It's interesting because HRRR was supposed to be visually imposing/extreme but without inversions . . . except it doesn't have good airtime or a good ride experience in general. And if the only requirements are "on the extreme side but lack inversions plus a ton of air time" then they could just as easily be satisfied by a 100ft tall RMC or GCI or Intamin (or anyone else really).

In general I try not to be too prescriptive about ride types or manufacturers, but I feel like the gaps in Universal's coaster lineup are:
- a coaster that is all about airtime
- a coaster that is "unique" such as spinning, flying, etc.
- a true (low height requirement) family coaster with decent theming (this might be satisfied by DK or the HTTYD coaster)
- a good big/outdoor coaster at each USF and EU (obviously EU will be covered by the hub coaster)

I guess my argument is basically that VelociCoaster already checked off the "fast and twisty launch coaster" box so I'd rather see them going for one of the other gaps with the EU hub coaster.

Last edited:
I agree that launched coasters can do whatever and Hagrid's is a good example of this, but a lot of bigger launched coasters do tend to do the same sorts of things.

I dunno. That just seems a bit wild to me considering the park has 3 big launch coasters in the park that feel nothing alike.
It's not about whether RMC could theoretically build a family coaster, it's that RMC's are traditionally liked because of their intensity which contradicts with the idea of a family coaster.

I mean, that doesn’t mean they won’t have great family coasters. Gravity Group excels at making family rides with good airtime. No reason RMC can’t as well.

It's interesting because HRRR was supposed to be visually imposing/extreme but without inversions . . . except it doesn't have good airtime or a good ride experience in general. And if the only requirements are "on the extreme side but lack inversions plus a ton of air time" then they could just as easily be satisfied by a 100ft tall RMC or GCI or Intamin (or anyone else really).

In general I try not to be too prescriptive about ride types or manufacturers, but I feel like the gaps in Universal's coaster lineup are:
- a coaster that is all about airtime
- a coaster that is "unique" such as spinning, flying, etc.
- a true (low height requirement) family coaster with decent theming (this might be satisfied by DK or the HTTYD coaster)
- a good big/outdoor coaster at each USF and EU (obviously EU will be covered by the hub coaster)

I guess my argument is basically that VelociCoaster already checked off the "fast and twisty launch coaster" box so I'd rather see them going for one of the other gaps with the EU hub coaster.
Is there a racing coaster in central Florida? I don’t think there is.

Reactions: natespf
Status
Not open for further replies.