Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot imagine Comcast being happy with its flagship US park being "B-level" (Not to mention these guys are gunning for Disney. Its personal)

I wouldn’t consider Beijing “B-Level” first off. Second, many people were recently re-hired and there’s a big hiring push for new blood in UC right now for Epic Universe.

Feels like an oversimplification to just say they’re bringing over their Beijing team, when A, weren’t a lot of those folks from Orlando anyway, and B, they’re actively hiring more members of Creative right now to help create Epic Universe.

Any truth to what this poster on WDWMagic says?

View attachment 15298
I chose not to reply publicy to them, I would just point out what has been shared thus by people like @Alicia is anything but "B Level" and any budget for a $2b-ish theme park will be costed out over a period of 16-24 Financial quarters and despite the pandemic last Financial Year Comcast finished the FY with Free Cash Flow of $13.3 Billion, so this notion they needed to dramatically slash the budget for Epic Universe is very silly

I chose not to reply publicy to them, I would just point out what has been shared thus by people like @Alicia is anything but "B Level" and any budget for a $2b-ish theme park will be costed out over a period of 16-24 Financial quarters and despite the pandemic last Financial Year Comcast finished the FY with Free Cash Flow of $13.3 Billion, so this notion they needed to dramatically slash the budget for Epic Universe is very silly
As I’ve stated before, any changes to the plans, including removals, will likely lead to BETTER replacements.

Yeah, I agree with @Alicia assessments. And certain Insiders have said that a number of the Creatives working in Beijing had prominent roles on former Universal Orlando
D and E attractions during the past couple decades, so they'll just be repurposing that senior creative staff to Epic now that Beijing is done. I'm guessing that Epic still is basically on the same
track, possibly with some tweaking. But that's natural with any large project. Heck, Beijing tweaked out F&F at the last minute after those horrendous reactions from Orlando guests and others.
Tweaks aren't always bad. That was a 'good tweak'.

Yeah, I agree with @Alicia assessments. And certain Insiders have said that a number of the Creatives working in Beijing had prominent roles on former Universal Orlando D and E attractions,
so they'll just be repurposing that senior creative staff to Epic now that Beijing is done. I'm guessing that Epic still is basically on the same track, possibly with some tweaking. But that's natural
with any large project. Heck, Beijing tweaked out F&F at the last minute after those horrendous reactions from guests and others. Tweaks aren't always bad. That was a 'good tweak'.
The only possible bad tweaks I could see would be saving a couple things for phase 2 to get the park opened faster... but I would guess they would be closer to stuff like Storm and Flying Unicorn at IOA, and nothing major.

I just want this sooner than later...
giphy.gif

Aka “uuuuhhhhhh I don’t know let’s say stuff”

This is a general statement about building things

No he was being asked specifically about Capex spending, and was part of a bigger conversation about that subject and he answered that as best as anyone could that looks at the money all day, his capacity is only going to be budgetary when its a specific division making those other decisions about opening dates and such. To me its very clear the limit of spending will end by Dec 2025 at the latest, and its reasonable so far out to have a moving target rather than something specific. If you was them would you not hope for 2024 but plan for 2025?

Hi everybody!
I really sorry if this topic has been commented tons of times but I have not read this message board for ages and I really be grateful if you could tell me if the line up of rumors and unconfirmed rides for UEU is as follows:

*Celestial Gardens (Prov. name?)
1.Dueling Space Coaster

*Super Nintendo World
1.Mario Kart Bowser's Challenge
2.Yoshi's Adventure
+Donkey Kong Island:
3.Donkey Kong Mine-Cart Madness
4.Donkey Kong Treehouse??

*Universal Classic Monsters Land/Frankstein Village:
1.Kuka Arm Dark Ride with Universal Monsters/"Phantom Manor with steroids".
2.UCM Theater??
3.Creature of the Black Lagoon Boat ride??

*WWoHP*/Fantastic Beast:
+British Ministry of Magic:
1.Floo Network Puzzle Theater
+Parisian Ministry of Magic:
1.VR Broomstick "Big Screen" Simulator???

*How To Train Your Dragon Land:
1.Roller Coaster??
2.Splash Battle
3.Sky Fly Flat Ride
3.Theater???

UNIVERSAL ELIO'S GRAND HOTEL

Is this list right?

Hi everybody!
I really sorry if this topic has been commented tons of times but I have not read this message board for ages and I really be grateful if you could tell me if the line up of rumors and unconfirmed rides for UEU is as follows:

1.Dueling Space Coaster

*Super Nintendo World
2.Yoshi's Adventure
+Donkey Kong Island:

2.UCM Theater??

*WWoHP*/Fantastic Beast:

1.Roller Coaster??
2.Splash Battle
3.Sky Fly Flat Ride
3.Theater???

Is this list right?
You forgot the Star Trek area

Hi everybody!

1.Dueling Space Coaster

*Super Nintendo World
2.Yoshi's Adventure
+Donkey Kong Island:

2.UCM Theater??

*WWoHP*/Fantastic Beast:

1.Roller Coaster??
2.Splash Battle
3.Sky Fly Flat Ride
3.Theater???

Is this list right?

- It sounds like there may be a flat ride of some sort in the hub, in addition to the coaster.
- The CFTBL boat ride is rumored for a potential future phase.
- The primary Potter attraction is thought to be a massive dark ride of some sort, not the puzzle theater concept (though there does seem to be some kind of show potentially in the land).
- The VR Potter simulator seems to have been moved to USF.
- There has been some talk that some of the shows may have been cut. If true, the thinking is they'll be replaced by "bigger" attractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.