Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things

#1 - There are not as many restaurants as people were saying elsewhere

#2 - I wonder if the hotel dining will be accessible from the park, Going to Amatista or Jake's is something we like to do when visiting the parks for the day

The hotel dining is one of the restaurants in the park hub, they are the same building - the Asia themed one.

at least 4 in the hub plus a food court of sorts, and several more in the lands

You mean the cancelled suspended multiple wire system that pulls up and down? So, a modern take on a suspended system like Kongfrontation but with wires and pulleys instead of the scissor.
What that does sound like by the end of it, if they went down that road in concept would be a reworked version of the Iron Legion ride concept, replacing individual suits with a singular ride vehicle, you would get more movement capability than the kong system and the wires would be easier to hide

It is practical, its basically a wire cam system that's used for tv cameras over sporting events but beefed up and on a moving trolley, though like the original kong system there would be multiple ride systems working in tandem on the ride vehicle

What that does sound like by the end of it, if they went down that road in concept would be a reworked version of the Iron Legion ride concept, replacing individual suits with a singular ride vehicle, you would get more movement capability than the kong system and the wires would be easier to hide

It is practical, its basically a wire cam system that's used for tv cameras over sporting events but beefed up and on a moving trolley, though like the original kong system there would be multiple ride systems working in tandem on the ride vehicle
Yup. That patented system was being considered for Jurassic World Advebture before they settled on the Scoop.

This just screams Ford Anglia.

This has always been my hope. Maybe, maybe, they can get Ron involved. This would be bananas.

I always thought to make this “big”, you make it 2 rides in 1. Elevator drop/trackless system Deloris Umbridge sends us off away in, until Ron finds us, saves us, and tells us to escape in the Anglia. Sounds like Potter’s ROTR but something along these lines would be utterly insane.

I hope EU switches out the Sky Fly for another flat ride. Even though the Sky Fly is a great ride, it has poor capacity. With a total of 24 riders (12 per each side), and a dispatch rate of 4 minutes (which is pretty quick), it'll only have 360 riders an hour. For comparison, it'll have similar capacity of Kang & Kodos at Springfield, and the Sky Fly should be a little more popular than that.

I hope EU switches out the Sky Fly for another flat ride. Even though the Sky Fly is a great ride, it has poor capacity. With a total of 24 riders (12 per each side), and a dispatch rate of 4 minutes (which is pretty quick), it'll only have 360 riders an hour. For comparison, it'll have similar capacity of Kang & Kodos at Springfield, and the Sky Fly should be a little more popular than that.
Was the Sky Fly a confirmed flat ride for this park ?

So DreamWorks is putting out a show that takes place in Modern Day Berk......could the park be modern day Berk....

Set 1,300 years after the events of How to Train Your Dragon, dragons are now just a legend to the modern world. When a geological anomaly opens up an immense, miles-deep fissure in the Earth’s surface, scientists from all over the world gather at a new research facility to study the mysterious phenomenon. Soon a group of misfit kids, brought to the site by their parents, uncover the truth about dragons and where they’ve been hiding—a secret they must keep to themselves to protect what they’ve discovered.

Last edited:
Seriously doubt that. They're already taking a chance on theming a land after a property whose popularity zenith was its first movie a decade and a half ago, and to then base the land off a cartoon show that looks completely different setting wise would throw people even more. They're going to want the land to look as familiar as possible

Seriously doubt that. They're already taking a chance on theming a land after a property whose popularity zenith was its first movie a decade and a half ago, and to then base the land off a cartoon show that looks completely different setting wise would throw people even more. They're going to want the land to look as familiar as possible

Even if people aren't familiary with the IP specifically, Norse theming w/Dragons is a fairly familiar generic fantasy setting that people would understand/get.

Modern day setting with Dragons?...... not so much

I will genuinely never understand how they’re “taking a chance” on HTTYD. So many people want original attractions, yet when HTTYD is rumored its deemed too unpopular and a risk. In a day and age where mostly everyone can stream any movie from any era whenever they want, pretty much every relevant IP out there is more than capable of longevity at this point if the IP itself is strong enough.

Also it’s so simple cause it’s Dragons, your kid isn’t gonna care about much else or worry about how old this movie is.

I’m just really intrigued to see if every land is as detailed as SNW, and possibly interactive, cause idk how I’d get through this park in a WEEK, let alone having to deal with the other 2 parks. I feel even judging from a far, SNW could very easily fill a day for a family let alone for myself. Doing all the games, rides, food, etc.

Idk random but just watching SNW vids gets me excited, I really think this park changes the Orlando tourist landscape entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.