Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 334 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As noted by @Ryan on the TPS Discord Server; from Jim Hill's podcast; it seems clear that Panda might be coming to EU (and more specifically, not replacing Dragons), atleast from Jim's comments.
Panda was a replacement for Spongebob at Beijing, and the boat ride was unfortunately value engineered. The land inside is pretty at least.

EDIT: Jim also said Pets was taking over Shrek on the same episode. I don’t think many of us around here think that’s going to be the case.

Last edited:
I don’t think Pets should go to EU. If it goes anywhere in UOR (and I’m not sure a direct clone of the same IP should happen period), it should go in USF where it’s needed most.

I’d trade the PotterVR ride for a more expansive Monsters land any day
Pets in USF just checks all the right boxes IMO
- Needed "non theater" based attraction
- Practical and AA based experience
- Slow moving and ability for families to ride together
- Zero threat of motion sickness

Panda was a replacement for Spongebob at Beijing, and the boat ride was unfortunately value engineered. The land inside is pretty at least.

A shame it went through budget cuts since I love those movies, but c'est la vie...I just can't see an entire fifth land (not counting hub) being added.

Maybe hot take.....

If having SLOP in Orlando means it’ll be in the Hub at Epic Universe, I prefer no SLOP at all, period. Make a mini land or bring it to USF.
Yes, from the concept art, craming SLOP into the hub would be an...odd...choice

That'd be like putting SLOP in Port-of-Entry or something

Althoughhhhh, it could probably be tucked away where the space restaurant was supposed to go

Yes, from the concept art, craming SLOP into the hub would be an...odd...choice

That'd be like putting SLOP in Port-of-Entry or something

Althoughhhhh, it could probably be tucked away where the space restaurant was supposed to go
Agreed, if it’s a mini land......

I wouldn’t see it in one of the major expansion plots unless it came with its own land, (or miniland).

@tommyhawkins Werent you saying you could fit somewhere in the hub?

Yeah theres an empty spot beside SNW/Entrance big enough for the ride building from Cali, and a neigbourhood/mini-land if they wanted go down that route, FWIW Jim Hill said he thought they were "holding back" KFP (stage show??) for EU as opposed to saying directly it was going into, i am convinced at this stage Jim ends up misquoting himself more than anything:

EDIT: Jim basically made it sound like it was undecided whether KFP Emperor's quest was going into Shrek theatre, then contradicted himself by suggesting that KFP is being "held back" for Epic Universe. so go figure on that one

Slop_location.pngSlop_smaller.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.