Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

I don’t like hearing that it’s going to be “modified”. But it’ll at least eat crowds.

What we really need back though is Fantasmic. Preferably a version that has been revamped a bit for the 50th from the same old show that’s been playing since the 90’s.
Haven’t been to the park without Fantasmic, let alone Indy, and wow it must feel like it’s really missing something when going there right now, part of the best park of this park is the shows!

Haven’t been to the park without Fantasmic, let alone Indy, and wow it must feel like it’s really missing something when going there right now, part of the best park of this park is the shows!

Neither show was a must-do every trip for me but Fantasmic was at least annually so I'm feeling the itch. Voyage of the Little Mermaid too.

Last edited:
Like I said a page or so back, the park may have 5 new rides that they opened between 2017 and 2020, but it still only has 9 rides total and without some of the shows it's lacking just for what you'd usually expect out of the park. If it were me, and i've said this time and time again, I wouldn't bring Mermaid back at all and would just use this as an excuse to bring a demolition crew to that whole area. With how closed off Animation Courtyard is from the rest of the park, that type of big construction could go on with minimal impact to the rest of the park, too.

The biggest thing right now is the only nighttime entertainment is their projection show - The Wonderful World of Animation - which has very minimal fireworks. That used to be a preshow to their Star Wars Fireworks show AND they used to run Fantasmic in the park as well. Both of them being gone right now is a huge bummer and only makes the park more of a half day park until they can return some of that nighttime entertainment. You'd have thought they'd have wanted to bring back at least the fireworks show if not Fantasmic for the 50th celebration (although with the celebration running for 18 months, i'm sure F! will be back at some point during the 50th). I just hope Fantasmic comes back with an update after all of this downtime. There's really no excuse for them not updating the show with how long it's been down at this point.

Like I said a page or so back, the park may have 5 new rides that they opened between 2017 and 2020, but it still only has 9 rides total and without some of the shows it's lacking just for what you'd usually expect out of the park. If it were me, and i've said this time and time again, I wouldn't bring Mermaid back at all and would just use this as an excuse to bring a demolition crew to that whole area. With how closed off Animation Courtyard is from the rest of the park, that type of big construction could go on with minimal impact to the rest of the park, too.

The biggest thing right now is the only nighttime entertainment is their projection show - The Wonderful World of Animation - which has very minimal fireworks. That used to be a preshow to their Star Wars Fireworks show AND they used to run Fantasmic in the park as well. Both of them being gone right now is a huge bummer and only makes the park more of a half day park until they can return some of that nighttime entertainment. You'd have thought they'd have wanted to bring back at least the fireworks show if not Fantasmic for the 50th celebration (although with the celebration running for 18 months, i'm sure F! will be back at some point during the 50th). I just hope Fantasmic comes back with an update after all of this downtime. There's really no excuse for them not updating the show with how long it's been down at this point.
Agreed. At least BATB is back. We only spent a half day in DHS back in July since we did all the rides we wanted, including ROTR, in the morning and there wasn’t a nighttime show at all back then.

Spent a full day from open to close in early Sept. It was an absolute pleasure to re-ride ToT several times in the evening without a wait. Worth the price of admission IMO. There’s still plenty to do if you haven’t been to the park in 5 years like myself. Between TSL, GE, and MMRR…this park finally feels like a full experience.

I agree, the audience participation has always been the weakest part of the show. But what would they do to eat up time while they move around set pieces and staging?
A good bit of the Audience participation time is before the show even starts. So that's an easy cut. The remaining time during the actual show can be filled by the technician describing the
why's and wherefores, and that's just a very small amount of time. The scene they're in can still be run without them standing around.

Alrighty, so Fantasmic! is confirmed to return, and with some changes. The logo highlights Aladdin, Moana and Frozen. An with word of a whole scene getting replaced with new characters and stunts, the Pocahontas scene might finally be replaced.

Only saw this once but it is such an incredible show and feels like such a spectacle. DHS always had decent shows (imo) and this is a wonderful way to end a Disney day. It being back would make me go to DHS in a heartbeat rn