Disney+ | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just pay $1.99 for Hulu through my college and just get rid of the ads with adBlock, and have the $143 Disney+ founder plan from D23 2019 which works out to $3.99 a month.

(please don't tell Disney)

Wedding Season, the first British show made for Disney+/Star, is coming to Disney+ on September 8th. I'm intrigued by the trailer. It could be terrible for all I know, but I like the idea the action/mystery concept going on in this show.

EDIT: unfortunately, it looks like this is going to Hulu in the US because we can't get nice things that aren't Marvel, Pixar, or Star Wars on Disney+ here.

Apparently Bleach is coming to Disney +.

I wouldn’t get overly confident that this will air anywhere outside of the Asaia region. Disney+ has a ton of anime though, but they don’t seem to care about getting the rights worldwide for these types of shows.

I wouldn’t get overly confident that this will air anywhere outside of the Asaia region. Disney+ has a ton of anime though, but they don’t seem to care about getting the rights worldwide for these types of shows.

Most of anime is owned by Warner Japan and Sony japan in conjunction with other companies so unless Disney is planning on licensing it makes no sense.

Given the monopoly that Sony has with Crunchyroll for NA, maybe Disney wants to take from it? They're already shaping up their Anime based block with Visions and Twisted Wonderland; why not go further as you begin to shift and eventually transition to having things on one platform in the NA region.

Disney already has international rights to a few (I could've sworn SpyXFamily was present at one point), as domestic groups like Lucasfilm and I think Marvel Studios wants to take the specific sect forward with more content produced within Asia-pacific regions. Getting a Mega-IP like Bleach could be a way to test the waters.

On the topic of General content, I genuinely wonder what the next big migration title will be. Part of me wonders on Only Murders In The Building, as it will be going for round 3 next year; and given the big three (Gomez, Martin, Short); you could be able to market it quite well for the D+ markets domestically. With other "Adult" titles coming onto the platform, I think it could be an interesting announcement that can be made.

Last edited:
Given the monopoly that Sony has with Crunchyroll for NA, maybe Disney wants to take from it? They're already shaping up their Anime based block with Visions and Twisted Wonderland; why not go further as you begin to shift and eventually transition to having things on one platform in the NA region.

Disney already has international rights to a few (I could've sworn SpyXFamily was present at one point), as domestic groups like Lucasfilm and I think Marvel Studios wants to take the specific sect forward with more content produced within Asia-pacific regions. Getting a Mega-IP like Bleach could be a way to test the waters.

On the topic of General content, I genuinely wonder what the next big migration title will be. Part of me wonders on Only Murders In The Building, as it will be going for round 3 next year; and given the big three (Gomez, Martin, Short); you could be able to market it quite well for the D+ markets domestically. With other "Adult" titles coming onto the platform, I think it could be an interesting announcement that can be made.
I’d be surprised if on Disney+ Day (9/8) there aren’t a decent amount of library titles brought over to D+ that are more general entertainment. Abbot Elementary is an obvious one, but a big show like Only Murders wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
They actually added Marvel shows and films that are R/TV-MA rated, and The Beatles Get Back documentary is uncensored, so I’m not expecting it to see any drastic adjustments.

They actually added Marvel shows and films that are R/TV-MA rated, and The Beatles Get Back documentary is uncensored, so I’m not expecting it to see any drastic adjustments.
Also Man in the Arena which is unrated (and would be MA if it was rated).

If they were willing to add shows like The Defenders Saga, movies like Deadpool 1 & 2 and Logan, along with The Beatles: Get Back where they are dropping F-bombs every other sentence, I highly doubt that we need to worry about censorship on mature projects that get added anymore.

Was never a Hocus Pocus fan so don't really care much there, but i'm definitely looking forward to Disenchanted so I really hope it's good. I don't plan on watching anymore trailers as I already feel like this one gave away too much. I like the direction, but it feels like they gave away what could've been a really cool/unexpected twist.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'll be watching both....I doubt it...but if they are close to Chip and Dale quality I'll be happy. I'd loveeee another halloween movie to watch

The "spread out" part of Hocus Pocus 2 trailer actually had me laughing out loud. So great to see these 3 back on screen together.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
In the terms of looking into the future, Chapek is hinting in a scenario that the three major DTC services, all consolidate onto D+ properly. There's more too it, but Chapek is looking at 2024 as a chance to reconsider how the Disney Bundle operates in turn.

Reactions: SeventyOne