Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Man, it's so unlikely and I've got my expectations tempered, but I've had dreams of a full Nintendo park since I was a kid.
Same here, it's basically been my pipe dream. I said this in the thread about the Texas park plans, but it feels like a funny/happy coincidence with how the other day in the state of USH thread I said the same thing. Now it doesn't feel all that crazy with the regional parks coming. Nonetheless I'm still really stoked for SNW Hollywood finally upon us.

If these do happen though, it's a ripe opportunity to represent other Nintendo IPs in Theme Park form.

Last edited:
I would argue quite the contrary. If your park is only standing on one IP, you’re gonna want the strongest IP possible
I get what you mean and its all perspective. If Universal wanted to use only its strongest IP then would be confused why Trolls in the new park and not How to Train Your Dragon seems like its not. Even Croods from the list I'm looking at made more.

So I think its a mix of Ip's that are huge like Jurassic and smaller ones that would never get space in the major parks but on this level makes more sense. Also while I'm not a fans of the Trolls films I'm sure a land the land will be very pretty at night and all for it for this theme park.

But time will tell

I think Nintendo anything would draw big crowds, more than a mini-park could handle. I think Ninty works well as a draw to the big resorts that could also give them the size and scale the IP's deserve.

Nintendo is a double handed sword. The term niche is used a lot but a lot of what is popular is more regional focused than broad. For nintendo, I think if they did a mini park, the geographic location and the popularity go hand in hand. Kentucky/WV/Tennessee maybe not a lot of people will go. You build it in Washington State, Oregon or Colorado, you maybe will get a large bump due to the demographics of the people who like Nintendo games more than other consoles boosting attendance.

I think it's much more likely that Nintendo chooses to open a park and ask Universal to operate it than it is for Universal to open a Nintendo park and license it. I don't think Nintendo has interest in this concept.

I guess time will tell with if Super Nintendo World's a success over here. If it is, then I'm sure Nintendo probably might want to expand their horizons.

Last edited:
Nintendo is a double handed sword. The term niche is used a lot but a lot of what is popular is more regional focused than broad. For nintendo, I think if they did a mini park, the geographic location and the popularity go hand in hand. Kentucky/WV/Tennessee maybe not a lot of people will go. You build it in Washington State, Oregon or Colorado, you maybe will get a large bump due to the demographics of the people who like Nintendo games more than other consoles boosting attendance.
Nintendo is main stream now. Switch is literally the 3rd highest system ever sold and Gameboy is the second highest. The Mario Movie is going to do very well. the land has so much hype behind it...people are waiting 40 mins for over priced drinks/popcorn buckets for something not even in the theme park yet.
While PS5 and Xbox get more press at times, Nintendo is were most people have nostalgia for video games and Nintendo makes games that appeal to most anyone, along with some of the best music around i any media.
Hogwarts might outsell Zelda Tears of the Kingdom but Zelda will for sure be taking home many game of the year wards next year and be the talk of the town if its as amazing as the last game.

So you could built a Nintendo land pretty much anywhere in the country near a major city and think it would do amazing

I think Nintendo anything would draw big crowds, more than a mini-park could handle. I think Ninty works well as a draw to the big resorts that could also give them the size and scale the IP's deserve.
It depends on how it's marketed. I don't think it would be a full mini-park, more like an experience tied to other offerings like HHN at Area 51 Vegas. Clone the land from EU/USJ, add a few things onto it (a Luigi's Mansion themed Villaincon clone would be pretty cool), then market it as a fully immersive Nintendo experience and open it in London or Paris.

This user has been officially warned for continuous senseless Nintendo comments
Ohhh boy, this is some good news.

Half the forums are going to hateeeeeeee Universal in ten years and I'll be thriving finally getting the best IPs in real life being made by a smart company

(Edit, I'm truly sorry for those of you who don't like Nintendo but I'm not going to pretend like I want a FF ride over a good IP like Zelda that appeals to more people and just has amazing characters and music)

Half the forums are going to hateeeeeeee Universal in ten years and I'll be thriving finally getting the best IPs in real life being made by a smart company

(Edit, I'm truly sorry for those of you who don't like Nintendo but I'm not going to pretend like I want a FF ride over a good IP like Zelda that appeals to more people and just has amazing characters and music)

Enough! You've been officially warned. One more strike and you're out.

To be fair I would rather listen to the Tokyo Drift soundtrack or gasolina over any of that zelda music :skull:

SNW was always going to be first (2019) with things planned after pending success/approvals. EU before being moved up to 2023 (before pandemic) was going to be a 2025-2030 project, but some genius realized they could push Nintendo into it along with the Ministry idea so it got fast tracked.

SNW was always going to be first (2019) with things planned after pending success/approvals. EU before being moved up to 2023 (before pandemic) was going to be a 2025-2030 project, but some genius realized they could push Nintendo into it along with the Ministry idea so it got fast tracked.

SNW at USF was 2021, not 2019. EU I never heard as being "moved up" always moved out. 2021 to 2023 to 2024 to 2025.