Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Speaking of SNW entrances, looks like the early access tickets are gonna be here for the foreseeable future. There's now May dates for the tickets.
I think we will see them through summer and even then if the demands stays I think until the end of the year and the first week of 2024.

If demand does die down I think after summer it would go away only to come back after Thanksgiving. It's clearly making them buckets of extra cash

The whole land is definitely printing money!
I watch the app all the time for fun and its insane to see it now compared to even pre pandemic. Like I know USH was never doing bad but many theme parks felt like they were kinda in a slump then the Pandemic happens and the parks explode. Now its have days of Spring break sold out and I bet the summer has days sold out as well which in my memory only happens on the 4th normally

I just hope they have plans to spread out crowds more in the summer because afternoons at the parks right now is seeing all rides with long waits and MK with 3 hour waits.

I watch the app all the time for fun and its insane to see it now compared to even pre pandemic. Like I know USH was never doing bad but many theme parks felt like they were kinda in a slump then the Pandemic happens and the parks explode. Now its have days of Spring break sold out and I bet the summer has days sold out as well which in my memory only happens on the 4th normally

I just hope they have plans to spread out crowds more in the summer because afternoons at the parks right now is seeing all rides with long waits and MK with 3 hour waits.
I always ask for a Child Switch pass at the exit of a ride. Occasionally, I'll get what I call the "golden ticket." It's a Priority Pass that allows up to 6 guests Express Passes to a printed list of attractions/shows (the list can vary each time).

The other day upon exiting TF, the TM was practically handing out these "golden tickets" to every other person it seems. My group of 6 got 3 Priority Passes valid for up to 6 guests to TF, RotM, DMMM, KFP, Tram or WW. I see this happen occasionally, but not this frequently. I'm wondering if it's their way of spreading out crowds to the upper lot, but if so, why include Mummy which keeps people on the LL?

I always ask for a Child Switch pass at the exit of a ride. Occasionally, I'll get what I call the "golden ticket." It's a Priority Pass that allows up to 6 guests Express Passes to a printed list of attractions/shows (the list can vary each time).

The other day upon exiting TF, the TM was practically handing out these "golden tickets" to every other person it seems. My group of 6 got 3 Priority Passes valid for up to 6 guests to TF, RotM, DMMM, KFP, Tram or WW. I see this happen occasionally, but not this frequently. I'm wondering if it's their way of spreading out crowds to the upper lot, but if so, why include Mummy which keeps people on the LL?
In the morning and at night you can walk on most rides not near SNW. So that makes sense why they are trying to push people away from the land

I didn't even know you could buy those until Christmas

Also I feel like HHN is going to be insane this year, I feel like many out of town people will be making trips for both SNW and HHN. Unless something happens I bet by far this is USH more profitable year and sure the attendance numbers will be up a few million people as well

I have a theory, anyone think the attendance cap has been slightly lowered purely so people aren’t angered by not getting into the land or riding Mario Kart. It’s the main reason guests are visiting now. Wait times aside from Mario Kart, have hovered around the 50-70min range for a sold out day. Wait times during the holiday sell outs easily reach 2 hours or more for most rides. If they raise capacity anymore to pre Nintendo levels then they’re just setting themselves up for chaos.

I have a theory, anyone think the attendance cap has been slightly lowered purely so people aren’t angered by not getting into the land or riding Mario Kart. It’s the main reason guests are visiting now. Wait times aside from Mario Kart, have hovered around the 50-70min range for a sold out day. Wait times during the holiday sell outs easily reach 2 hours or more for most rides. If they raise capacity anymore to pre Nintendo levels then they’re just setting themselves up for chaos.
Pretty sure they've lowered capacity, in part due to the show closures. But also it wouldn't surprise me if there are many guests who go and spend their whole day in SNW and then leave, hence the lower wait times for everything else

Pretty sure they've lowered capacity, in part due to the show closures. But also it wouldn't surprise me if there are many guests who go and spend their whole day in SNW and then leave, hence the lower wait times for everything else

They have lowered their capacity due to show closures + no plaza. Expect the numbers to tick up when the plaza is reopened, but it should be lower overall until the Fast & Furious coaster comes online. (Even then, I believe it'll still be lower than it was.)

Yes but also a Sold out day now is still insane

I bet by the end of the year that the 9ish Million visitors they used to get before covid are blow out of the water

My guess is 12+ Million this year. We still have Summer, HHN and the Holidays and bet the Super Mario Movie really pushes people to come here for the next 12 months like crazy

As for Ride wait times, I think unlike Disneyland people aren't here all day. People come they either ride things in the morning when there is no one on those rides then they go to SNW. Or they start in SNW and stay after that. But simpsons has been getting insane wait times, and Potter gets 60 min lines which is alot for how many people that ride can eat.

Last edited:
My guess is 12+ Million this year. We still have Summer, HHN and the Holidays and bet the Super Mario Movie really pushes people to come here for the next 12 months like crazy
anything can happen, but that would ... surprise me. attendance went up "just" 1 million guests in each of the years following the opening of the wizarding world of harry potter. a 3 million attendance jump in a single year (from 2019 levels, obviously) at a time when it appears the park is more actively managing attendance... never say never! but I think breaking into the 10-million range is more likely.

anything can happen, but that would ... surprise me. attendance went up "just" 1 million guests in each of the years following the opening of the wizarding world of harry potter. a 3 million attendance jump in a single year (from 2019 levels, obviously) at a time when it appears the park is more actively managing attendance... never say never! but I think breaking into the 10-million range is more likely.
I think USH has a lot going for it

1) Theme parks are still up after the Pandemic and are cheap vacations for most families
2) Nintendo is Disney of Video games, people that LOVE Nintendo.....love it.
3) The land is getting almost across the board amazing reviews, Star Wars Galaxy edge didn't even get these high marks and they have an even more impressive ride but the land was hit or miss. This land has it all a fun ride, cool meet and greets, food you can put online to show off to others and the land is just soooo alive and the lines for the band games show that people are seeming to love these little inactivate parts
4) The Mario Movie, its not out yet but I can tell you that film is easily going to hit a Billion and push even more people in the land
5) Disney on both coasts has cool little things being added but nothing as cool as SNW, so i think many are going to travel to USH over one more Day at Disneyland or skip Disneyland for SNW.
6) HHN, last year was not a perfect year but very loved and from the constitution and rumors we have another great year at hand. So I think this years HHN will have more sold out nights then ever before and many sold out days because so many will be doing both the event and going to the park in the day.

I could be wrong but as someone who daily checks the app, I've just never....never seen the park as busy.This is also before we even know what the summer entertainment looks like, are we getting more Plaza shows to draw in more people? Or maybe if USH was really liking free money a Nintendo event of some kind. Either way, its safe to say this will be USH busiest year, until DK land opens

I think USH has a lot going for it

1) Theme parks are still up after the Pandemic and are cheap vacations for most families
2) Nintendo is Disney of Video games, people that LOVE Nintendo.....love it.
3) The land is getting almost across the board amazing reviews, Star Wars Galaxy edge didn't even get these high marks and they have an even more impressive ride but the land was hit or miss. This land has it all a fun ride, cool meet and greets, food you can put online to show off to others and the land is just soooo alive and the lines for the band games show that people are seeming to love these little inactivate parts
4) The Mario Movie, its not out yet but I can tell you that film is easily going to hit a Billion and push even more people in the land
5) Disney on both coasts has cool little things being added but nothing as cool as SNW, so i think many are going to travel to USH over one more Day at Disneyland or skip Disneyland for SNW.
6) HHN, last year was not a perfect year but very loved and from the constitution and rumors we have another great year at hand. So I think this years HHN will have more sold out nights then ever before and many sold out days because so many will be doing both the event and going to the park in the day.

I could be wrong but as someone who daily checks the app, I've just never....never seen the park as busy.This is also before we even know what the summer entertainment looks like, are we getting more Plaza shows to draw in more people? Or maybe if USH was really liking free money a Nintendo event of some kind. Either way, its safe to say this will be USH busiest year, until DK land opens
Yeah, I just don't see SNW being a one-and-done thing at USH. There's bound to be some sort of expansion in the future.

Yeah, I just don't see SNW being a one-and-done thing at USH. There's bound to be some sort of expansion in the future.
Chris Pratt is also teasing a after credits for the Mario Movie and hinting that the Mario Movie is just the start of something bigger.

I know many on here don't want Nintendo to be a main focus at the parks but if they do start making a Nintendo Film a year that makes bank and the lands are selling out parks and getting them loads of money off the merch, bands, food and early morning passes. USH but Universal as a whole would be leaving soooo much money on the table for not listening the the general public on this one.

But I hope USH can make a little event this summer for "other" Nintendo Ips and have meet and greets, themed food and new merch to start testing out how deep the love of these IP are. Like Pokemon and Zelda are a given but what about Metriod? Animal crossing? Spatoon? Pikman?

Chris Pratt is also teasing a after credits for the Mario Movie and hinting that the Mario Movie is just the start of something bigger.

I know many on here don't want Nintendo to be a main focus at the parks but if they do start making a Nintendo Film a year that makes bank and the lands are selling out parks and getting them loads of money off the merch, bands, food and early morning passes. USH but Universal as a whole would be leaving soooo much money on the table for not listening the the general public on this one.

But I hope USH can make a little event this summer for "other" Nintendo Ips and have meet and greets, themed food and new merch to start testing out how deep the love of these IP are. Like Pokemon and Zelda are a given but what about Metriod? Animal crossing? Spatoon? Pikman?
Blue sky to the max, but what about replacing Transformers and Mummy with Nintendo IPs? Perhaps have 2 smaller lands in that area. Replace Mummy with DK and Transformers with Pokemon.

I think holding a small event with other Nintendo IPs is a great idea.

I didn't even know you could buy those until Christmas

Also I feel like HHN is going to be insane this year, I feel like many out of town people will be making trips for both SNW and HHN. Unless something happens I bet by far this is USH more profitable year and sure the attendance numbers will be up a few million people as well
Do you think Universal will leave SNW open during HHN? I could see them closing it like they did with Harry Potter before and just push the Day/Night tickets if you want to see the new land on event days.