Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm maybe. I am personally hesitant on ST4 and Exorcist though. Playing catch up on these forums currently. I’m mainly on the discord servers but I figured it would be nice to check out what’s been going on in the famous IU forums lol
I guess it’s just personal preference but I’m so hung up on ST4 coming , it will be a gut shot if it doesn’t happen. I should have never let myself get this excited over speculation, I just believe the return of ST will really make the event special this year.

I'm in the same boat. A year containing ST and TLOU would honestly be groundbreaking
Universal has always given us great IPs that were current and fit their overall theme.

HNN 2019 gave us ST season 2/3, Ghostbusters, Us and Killer Klowns

You can also look back to 2018 for the quality of IPs we get. The last two years have been a struggle but it wasn’t Universals fault.

This year feels like a real return to normal with the quality of “speculated” IPs and Originals.

Universal has always given us great IPs that were current and fit their overall theme.

HNN 2019 gave us ST season 2/3, Ghostbusters, Us and Killer Klowns

You can also look back to 2018 for the quality of IPs we get. The last two years have been a struggle but it wasn’t Universals fault.

This year feels like a real return to normal with the quality of “speculated” IPs and Originals.
One thing that concerns me a bit is that there often seems to be a fairly substantive divide between the quality of houses based on “cult” or “beloved classic” properties (Klownz, American Werewolf, Exorcist, the first Halloween house, etc) and “current big thing” houses (Us, Walking Dead, Dracula Untold, Doomsday, Blumhouse, Dusk til Dawn, etc). The former tend to be much more creative and focus on evoking the feeling of the IP while the latter can often seem like passionless, workmanlike book reports. That’s not always the case, of course, but it often seems to be. It’s why I’m a bit wary of the possible IP lineup this year, which doesn’t seem to have that “cult” or “classic” house. Hopefully Chucky is based more on the franchise as a whole then the current series and can fill that niche.

Reactions: Ahmanet and HHNIcon
One thing that concerns me a bit is that there often seems to be a fairly substantive divide between the quality of houses based on “cult” or “beloved classic” properties (Klownz, American Werewolf, Exorcist, the first Halloween house, etc) and “current big thing” houses (Us, Walking Dead, Dracula Untold, Doomsday, Blumhouse, Dusk til Dawn, etc). The former tend to be much more creative and focus on evoking the feeling of the IP while the latter can often seem like passionless, workmanlike book reports. That’s not always the case, of course, but it often seems to be. It’s why I’m a bit wary of the possible IP lineup this year, which doesn’t seem to have that “cult” or “classic” house. Hopefully Chucky is based more on the franchise as a whole then the current series and can fill that niche.
I’ll say this I would not worry at all about TLOU. Yes it’s a current big IP but, if everything goes as planned it will be an incredible experience.

The chucky tv show is actually pretty good. Also Exorcist is “rumored” to be a house this year to celebrate the 50th and the new movie out this year. That is the classic house this year.

The main culprits of the “passionless” is unfortunately the blumhouse IPs. They’ve tried to force a lot of IPs that shouldn’t have been houses into one.

I’ll say this I would not worry at all about TLOU. Yes it’s a current big IP but, the plans for the house are very creative. if everything goes as planned, it will be an incredible experience.

The chucky tv show is actually pretty good. Also Exorcist is “rumored” to be a house this year to celebrate the 50th and the new movie out this year. That is the classic house this year.

The main culprits of the “passionless” is unfortunately the blumhouse IPs. They’ve tried to force a lot of IPs that shouldn’t have been houses into one.
Nothing will ever be more passionless then Walking Dead.

I’ve heard the Chucky show is enjoyable, but for the reason stated above I’d still rather the house be based on the character in general to give the designers more room for creativity. TLoU just is not for me and that’s absolutely fine. As for Exorcist, I worry that it’s a property with very limited house potential and the first go around, while great, stretched it about as far as it will go.

Much of this is just personal taste, but I’d love a humor-focused classic like Gremlins… or Scooby-Doo.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95

I’ve heard the Chucky show is enjoyable, but for the reason stated above I’d still rather the house be based on the character in general to give the designers more room for creativity. TLoU just is not for me and that’s absolutely fine. As for Exorcist, I worry that it’s a property with very limited house potential and the first go around, while great, stretched it about as far as it will go.

Much of this is just personal taste, but I’d love a humor-focused classic like Gremlins… or Scooby-Doo.
How do you feel about scarezones?

There may be one coming that you would enjoy. Scary but still funny and enjoyable

The Exorcist, if primarily based on the original, would feel like a repeat from 26. I'm sure they would incorporate brand-new scenes, but as you mentioned, the first go-around stretched it to the limit. The early screenings for Believer were not received very well, so I doubt it would be given an entire house. If anything, it would be given a couple of scenes to provide a "taste" of the new film.

If Gremlins or Scooby-Doo showed up at HHN, I would spend all of my money on an FFP+ w/Express and merch lol.

I guess it’s just personal preference but I’m so hung up on ST4 coming , it will be a gut shot if it doesn’t happen. I should have never let myself get this excited over speculation, I just believe the return of ST will really make the event special this year.
This is not directed at just you, but this is part of what all of the insiders are worried about when sharing information. Universal or some IP could pull the rug from underneath the event, house or zone at any time. It's best for all of us to live in the moment, be grateful for the insight that's provided, but ultimately take it with a grain of salt until it's confirmed by Universal. It's ok to get excited, but staying in the "cautiously optimistic" range of excitement is healthy for everyone.
They unexpectedly showed a lot of promise last year. The Black Phone/Freaky house was low on my anticipation list. Like...at the bottom with the other bottom houses on the list from the past 10 years. But they really impressed (IMHO) with that house last year. Hopefully that's a step in the right direction.

This is not directed at just you, but this is part of what all of the insiders are worried about when sharing information. Universal or some IP could pull the rug from underneath the event, house or zone at any time. It's best for all of us to live in the moment, be grateful for the insight that's provided, but ultimately take it with a grain of salt until it's confirmed by Universal. It's ok to get excited, but staying in the "cautiously optimistic" range of excitement is healthy for everyone.

They unexpectedly showed a lot of promise last year. The Black Phone/Freaky house was low on my anticipation list. Like...at the bottom with the other bottom houses on the list from the past 10 years. But they really impressed (IMHO) with that house last year. Hopefully that's a step in the right direction.
Black Phone was great! It even made the grabber slightly more scary

I loved Blum! I actually prefer the F&F location over MIB and Shrek. Excited that it’s back this year!

I know we beat it to death with jokes but I would genuinely be happy to see Scooby Doo lol.

Gremlins is also very high on my wishlist.

I've heard from a few people now that described one of the zones as "fun", so I'm interested to see what that may be!

These and/or Luigis Mansion! Full disclosure, I've never played the game, but think it would be fun lol
If Gremlins or Scooby-Doo showed up at HHN, I would spend all of my money on an FFP+ w/Express and merch lol.

I'll basically just give them my bank account information as well

Reactions: Ahmanet
Black Phone was great! It even made the grabber slightly more scary

The black phone was the only house that legit scared my daughter last year (not counting jump scares- I mean she couldn’t wait to get out and didn’t want to do it again. The only house we did only once in 3 visits).

We hadn’t even seen the film yet, but the grabber full on freaked her out.

The Exorcist, if primarily based on the original, would feel like a repeat from 26. I'm sure they would incorporate brand-new scenes, but as you mentioned, the first go-around stretched it to the limit. The early screenings for Believer were not received very well, so I doubt it would be given an entire house. If anything, it would be given a couple of scenes to provide a "taste" of the new film.

Bad films don't necessarily make for bad houses though. Dead Silence has been cited as a prime example of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.