Antojitos: Authentic Mexican Food | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Antojitos: Authentic Mexican Food

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I heard Antojitos has been having some problems with their computer ordering system and comping a lot of meals because messed up orders, so anyone who wants to try it should do it soon...you might get a free meal.

Quick pics from tonight's dinner:

20140206_175615_zps3mksobvk.jpg

New VW Bar has arrived:
20140206_175712_zpsyffjflpl.jpg

VW Bar Menu:
20140206_175643_zpsua5kos13.jpg

20140206_175655_zps01br3bw2.jpg

20140206_183219_zpswdxvnjcv.jpg

20140206_183225_zps3uvgycro.jpg

Recap:
Good Food, Drinks, and music! I will be back.
IMG_20140206_183927_zps863ehiyx.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
Are they always going to have the masks and are they for sale? They look really cool I would love one, I wont be there till may though so don't want to get too excited if they wont be there when I am :) Love the weathervane on the top, the whole place looks awesome.

The guac uses two whole avocados, so it's at least 4x a normal serving. Plus you get a show with your appetizer ;-)

Are you saying they make the guac in front of you? If so that is bad:censored: (aka good) :thumbs:

I went to Antojitos last night after a concert shift, with a work buddy, for drinks and guacamole. Let me tell you, this place is hopping! At 10:30, there was a 35-40 minute wait for a table downstairs, and all the seats at the bar were taken, but there was room upstairs. Since we were just getting guac and drinks, we got a table for 2 right away (and upstairs was almost full too). I had Mexican coffee, friend had a passion margarita, and both were delicious! The margaritas come in a pretty large glass, and my coffee was strong with just the right amount of alcohol, with lots of whipped cream. Yummy. But the guac, OMG, so wonderful and fresh and delicious. We ran out of chips, and had to wait for more, just a few minutes, because they were frying some up fresh, so we had fresh, hot chips with our guac. It is a bit pricey for what amounts to a serving for 2, but worth the price. 25% discount for team members. I can't wait to go back, and I was right, this place is a big hit!

Just tried it today. Man some of the greatest Mexican food I've tried, and the service was very friendly! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in general!

How's this place compared to Roccos Tacos?

Very similar atmosphere. Just like Blue Martini clearly influenced Red Coconut, Roccos was obviously an influence here. I'd give Antojitos a slight edge for food and drinks over Roccos, not that I would turn down a meal at either one.

- - - Updated - - -

or Cantina Laredo?

Food roughly comparable--I'm a big Cantina fan--I think Antojitos does better drinks, certainly more variety. Completely different atmosphere, tho.

I love this thread,the positive feedback on this place is fantastic I hope all the other new places prove to be as popular.

They are not open for lunch, sadly, just dinner starting at 5, I believe. Maybe if they are popular enough they will start opening for lunch. I am already eagerly anticipating my next visit.

They are not open for lunch, sadly, just dinner starting at 5, I believe. Maybe if they are popular enough they will start opening for lunch. I am already eagerly anticipating my next visit.

Hopefelyy they get busy enough that they will start opening or lunch. Was hoping to swing by for a late lunch on out way home from Disney in two weeks but 5 would put us home to late. Next trip is at the end of March so will have to wait until then

We ate at the downstairs part on Saturday and the food was excellent. The drink I ordered was also amazing. Looking at the desert pictures I wish I had tried that too. The service was OK, I think we got a newer waiter and they were very busy. But overall it was a great experience and I would love to go back again.

You know, CityWalk just doesn't do a whole lot of lunch business, so I don't know if it's worth it for them to open early. Red Oven, M'ville, Nascar, and the food court seem to be enough on most days. I would love to see a lunch menu with smaller portions and prices to go with it, so that I could go there between shifts when I have a split.