Antojitos: Authentic Mexican Food | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Antojitos: Authentic Mexican Food

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ate there again recently at the bar. Slightly sluggish service, and was disappointed to learn the trio of empanada dipping sauces has been reduced to one. But the quality was still solid.

went this weekend for the first time of 2014 and i'm sad to report i didn't get to try Antojito's unfortunately the AUTHENTIC in the name scared off my GF and guest :(

Has anyone eaten something here thats a little more Tex-Mex I KNOW there's a Moes up the escalator but just so i can get my GF to go next time i need something proven to be good and common such as quesadilla's or what not.

Thanks!

went this weekend for the first time of 2014 and i'm sad to report i didn't get to try Antojito's unfortunately the AUTHENTIC in the name scared off my GF and guest :(

Has anyone eaten something here thats a little more Tex-Mex I KNOW there's a Moes up the escalator but just so i can get my GF to go next time i need something proven to be good and common such as quesadilla's or what not.

Thanks!
You could have showed her the menu...or better yet, dump her! ;-)
Yes, they have fajitas and other fake Mexican dishes...

Reactions: Brian G.

Thanks!

Nothing says "authentic" quite like shrimp tempura tacos.

When I went 2 weeks ago, it was my fiance's first time. She enjoyed her tacos, and I enjoyed my chimichanga. Also had great service from Stephanie. Looking forward to maybe getting my friends to try it this weekend.

Antojito's will begin opening for lunch on April 27, and will open at 11.

That's great news! I just ate here two weeks ago for the first time and it was AWESOME. I had the nachos, fantastic. I also had a drink that had apples and cinnamon. Wow. I can't wait to have it again.

I knew it was bound to happen; you would not believe how many people I have seen walk up to the doors around lunch time, only to turn away disappointed that it is closed. Wonder if the menu prices will be cheaper, like at Emeril's, or if it will be the same, like Margaritaville?

I knew it was bound to happen; you would not believe how many people I have seen walk up to the doors around lunch time, only to turn away disappointed that it is closed. Wonder if the menu prices will be cheaper, like at Emeril's, or if it will be the same, like Margaritaville?

Cheaper would be nice! Obviously, who doesn't like things to be cheaper? :p I'm a discount junkie myself. Another reason why I love my AP!

I wonder if both upstairs and downstairs will be open for lunch, or just the downstairs dining room?

Hmm... Good question... I would guess just downstairs at first, with a possibility of opening the upstairs later on if they see a lot of interest or if they're just packed and need the seating.

BTW, Frenzy88 (@FrenzyOU) mentioned on Twitter that the latest he heard, they're planning to open up Antojitos for lunch only two weeks before Diagon Alley opens, not before, so I guess we'll see what happens :shrug: