Antojitos: Authentic Mexican Food | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Antojitos: Authentic Mexican Food

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The hubby and I had our anniversary dinner at Antojitos last night, and again, it was fantastic. At 6:30, the downstairs was almost full. UP at Antojitos has been dropped, and with that change, some menu items have been deleted, like the duck tacos. I chose the tempura BBQ shrimp tacos, most delicious, but a small portion. However, with the black beans and rice, and the yummy chips and salsa, I left feeling completely stuffed. Husband had some sort of enchilada.

I tried a margarita this time, and it was good, but wicked strong (blood orange). I am not much of a mixed drink person, but I wanted something different, but I doubt I'll order one again. They serve my favorite wine, and it's $4 less than a margarita.

Our service was great-quick, but not too quick, very friendly and attentive, and I love the mariachi band.

i went the other night and paid like 26 dollars for a shirt steak I could get from walmart for 5 dollars. I was under the impression it may have been a little different in style of preperations but I was slightly underwhelmed. I have been to mexican food trucks with better food from a fraction of the price.

Finally was able to stop in here for a bite to eat Friday night after getting washed out at HHN with Roodles and my brother. Everyone loved their meals, I had a burrito and was really good and the things was ginormous. Walked right up and got a table and our waiter was spot on so no issues with service on our end either. Best part was it didn't cost an arm and a leg for a meal.

Finally was able to stop in here for a bite to eat Friday night after getting washed out at HHN with Roodles and my brother. Everyone loved their meals, I had a burrito and was really good and the things was ginormous. Walked right up and got a table and our waiter was spot on so no issues with service on our end either. Best part was it didn't cost an arm and a leg for a meal.

Yep thoroughly enjoyed thhis restaurant. I had the cheese quesadilla with skirt steak, very tasty and a good sized portion, our server was spot on and no complaints on the price. Did think about ordering the guac and chips but we had 2 large bowls of chips with salsa brought to the table so no need to spend the $$$s. a strong 9 out of 10 for me.

Does anyone know if the bartenders here make any of the super fancy possibly dangerous drinks? I just heard of something called a Tequila Blue Blazer, and it sounds like a pretty good drink for when it is cold. No way am I going to even try to make it myself due to lack of ingredients, utensils, skill, and nerve but I wouldn't mind trying it.

Really loved this restaurant, perhaps more so than Cowfish and Vivo, although those were very good too.

I went on Saturday night around 7, there was a 20-30 wait so I put my name in. I didn't have a cell phone on me so they said to stay close and they'd call my name. I literally stood 4 feet in front of the hostess stand, and never heard my name. After about half an hour I checked in with them and the blonde hostess had no recollection of me, my name, and apparently did not put my name in at all! They took care of it and sat me immediately, which was okay because in the end I didn't wait any longer than they said I would. There were a lot of empty seats in the first floor dining room so it was kind of annoying that I had to wait though. Once I was seated things got much better!

The food--I ordered the chicken tinga tacos with a side of guac. I highly recommend ANYTHING with the chicken tinga in it. It's a spicy shredded chicken with smoky chipotle pepper sauce in it (not super hot, just flavorful). I told them I liked it extra spicy and they brought me their hottest salsa as well as a plate of freshly cut peppers. It was delicious. Even the chips and salsa they bring out to everyone were good. I also got dessert, which was the best one I had during the whole trip. It was some kind of molten caramel cake with shaved chocolate and sour cream ice cream. The molten cake was a brown sugar caramel type of dessert, that was hot with a great texture and drizzled with caramel. There were large flakes of chocolate next to it, and a scoop of sour cream ice cream on the other side. Eating any combination of the 3 was great. I would definitely get the entree and dessert again, loved it! The person I went with got the wet burrito. It was supposed to be chicken tinga inside, but they brought a beef one. We did not feel like bitching about it, because it wasn't noticed until a few bites were eaten.

- - - Updated - - -

^Also wanted to mention that I love the look of this restaurant. It might be my favorite out of all of citywalk. The tall facade and colors look great, and the inside is spacious. Fun atmosphere. Good job Universal!

I love Antojitos. All the new food makes me wish I could add more days to my vacation. There's just not enough time for all these good eats.

So i just had my first chance to go to antojitos even though i've been to the resort MANy times after it opened.... i went with a party of 10 who were all new to the restaurant as well.. this review will be short and easy now..

AMAZING..

This place is great i highly recommend cant find one bad thing to write about it.

Went today and thought it was fantastic. The chips and salsa they bring to the table were great (and free). Got the chicken tacos, delicious. Defintley would recommend

Went today and thought it was fantastic. The chips and salsa they bring to the table were great (and free). Got the chicken tacos, delicious. Defintley would recommend

any more recent experiences? Thinking about adding this to our dining schedule next month. We have one gluten intolerant member in our group.

Just went for dinner last week. It was great. I noted in our reservation that I had a gluten sensitive person in our group, and they were great about pointing out the gluten safe items. The gluten sensitive person had the corn tortillas for her tacos, and said they were the best tasting corn tortillas EVER. 3 of us had the beef fajita, and it was very good. The guac was amazing. After years of warm salsa in Texas, cold salsa and chips were such a treat. We were stuffed to our ears so no dessert.

With the closures of NBA City and NASCAR, this has become my new favorite restaurant in CityWalk. Went today and had another great meal. Although the mariachi band they had playing could be a little too loud and you can't hear.