Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Antojitos: Authentic Mexican Food

Lunch service at Antojitos begins today at 11am!

Here's the menu with the lunch specials, courtesy of @omgzbrittan:

Bnb82L0CEAE80cR.jpg:large

"Lunch starts at 11! [HASHTAG]#antojitos[/HASHTAG]"

So my boyfriend and I went a second time and liked it MUCH more than the first time. Our waitress was wonderful and the food was much better than the first experience!

Anyone know what time of day the band plays? We'll be at the resort all next week and I'd like to stop there for a few drinks & some food when the band is playing.

Sorry to report that the lunch specials (except the tortas) were removed by the time I ate there again on Friday. :-(

Whaaa? Did they say if this was temporary, or did they not sell well enough to keep them? You'd think they'd give it more than a couple of days to see sales and guest reactions :shrug:

We stopped there for a few drinks during our vacation last week. Pat O'Brien's and the adjacent restaurants all had special events for most of the week ( area was walled off & Citi Walk was packed) so we couldn't visit our favorite night spots, except for one night at Marley's, always excellent Pepper Pot Soup & great music). We were pleasantly pleased with the drinks at Antojitos. Drinks are all natural & a good size.Very good & friendly bartenders.The bar & restaurant are beautiful & we actually loved the outside of the building during the day & night. It's a nice upgrade over the dull original buildings in that area. We'll stop for lunch or dinner on our September trip since its longer & we'll have more time. We mentioned OU to the bartenders but they weren't familiar with the site.

Ok...I tried Antojitos for the first time the other night. I had high expectations after having read what I did here. I was not impressed, unfortunately.

Pros:
Great drink menu, great drinks
Cool atmosphere and theming. I wasnt a fan of the buildings vibe at first but after going in I "get it"
The drink prices seemed reasonable to me

Cons:
The food was terrible. I thought the taste was totally off and my food seemed to lack freshness
The service was absolutely atrocious. I didnt get the feeling that it was a very busy night and yet we must have waited a good 20 minutes before our orders were even taken. Then in the time it took for our food to get here, the food we ordered evidently went bad

I didnt sit at the bar, and Im sure the bartenders are much more on point. Bottom line, I see this as a drink destination and not much else. Im surprised by all the positive reviews for the food because I thought it was really bad (and not much of it came in a serving to boot!). Hopefully I just went on an off night but after talking to some other locals about our experience, they seemed to share the same sentiments. I will try it again in the interest of fairness, but probably not for a while.

PS, I ordered one of the burritos where you had a choice of filling, for reference. Cant remember the name though.

Last edited:
Doesn't Antojitos mean small cravings? I wouldn't expect big servings. All the other points scare me from putting up good money.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience Tyler. I had a great meal and service when I went recently.

Doesn't Antojitos mean small cravings? I wouldn't expect big servings. All the other points scare me from putting up good money.

It does mean little cravings, but it's not necessarily related to potion sizes. In Spanish sometimes we also add "-ito" (male) or "-ita" (female) for style or as a way to make a word sound cute, if that makes any sense. For example, "grande" and "grandecito" both mean big :p

I personally thought portion sizes were good, and I've even dined with people who had leftovers. Service aside, everyone has their own tastes and ways, so definitely everyone should try it for themselves :thumbs:

I went here on Tuesday evening and it might have been because we were a larger party but our food took almost a hour to get out and our drink orders from the bar took a good 25 minutes to get out. I felt like the shrimp tacos were not as big as last time as well, but they were definitely the same price. Kind of unfortunate.

a friend and i stopped in for lunch this past thursday bc we had heard the food was good so we wanted to check it out. the place was really dead for lunch and that makes me wonder how much longer they will be open dayside. we went at 1pm and there were maybe 5 tables in the entire restaurant. loved the atmosphere and we sat in the bar area and had kyle as our server/bartender. he did a great job, was very attentive and informative. i had some type of berry margarita and it was yummy and the chicken enchilada verde for my main course. over all it was good, i wasn't blown away but would come back and eat again. best part, the chips and salsa.

I was actually kinda let down by this place. Service was ridiculously slow and the food was just okay and overpriced.

Latin Quarter blew Antojitos out of the water in terms of food. Antojitos wins in the design department but that's about it. LQ in general was a much better restaurant. If Antojitos was just a bar with tacos and other tapas style food it would be okay. I think it takes up way too much space and could've been broken down into 2 restaurants.

I visited Antojitos for the first time last night and I have to say it was truly amazing! Wonderful experience, AMAZING food, great guest service, a very good menu. AND the guacamole is amazing! Especially since they make it right in front of you! AWESOME restaurant:thumbs: