Avengers: Infinity Defense (DCA) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Infinity Defense (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A little update.
Sooo Disney is looking to go with a cheaper option (surprise, surprise) for DCA's "E-Ticket" and apparently they are really pleased with the retheme of RnRC at WDS... and this option just became the frontrunner for DCA :shrug:
Well that’s a little underwhelming.

Eh, I would still rather have that than another simulator. I think the Omni-coaster would be a much more needed replacement, but at least we finally get our RnRC clone…..like two and a half decades later.

At least DLR is finally getting a new coaster but man, what could’ve been for the Omni coaster. DCA still needs a highly themed family coaster as an off-the-shelf family coaster is all they’ve got. Maybe they can dust off the plans for that Monsters Inc Door Coaster?

Surely if this were to happen, they would tap Venom to make the same layout but with modern track/launching systems right?

All those years of trying to come up with a new ride system, and all they had to do was just make a coaster. Not just a coaster, they had to wait all of that time to give us a clone of a (what will be) 25 year old coaster.

This would be like opening the 1971 MK Space Mountain in Hong Kong Disneyland.

A little update.
Sooo Disney is looking to go with a cheaper option (surprise, surprise) for DCA's "E-Ticket" and apparently they are really pleased with the retheme of RnRC at WDS... and this option just became the frontrunner for DCA :shrug:

At least that retheme of RnRC, Avengers Assemble: Flight Force, has more animatronics than Cosmic Rewind.

But even that retheme was a screen/projection downgrade of this Spiderman roller coaster...

1653519293321.png
1653519327119.png

I do agree with many here that a coaster is the best fit, but not RnRC. I have been hoping Vekoma would sell Disney their new Flying Launched Coaster, like F.L.Y at Phantasialand. Doesn't cost anything to wish!

I heard CR brought over some motion sickness bags from Mission Space, so if this was a recent direction change then it might be because of that.
Isn't that due to the screen setup? The ride system seems perfectly fine. They could put the screens during portions of the ride where you're not tilting/spinning and fill the rest of the space with physical props and animatronics.

A little update.
The ride could still be fun. Although I heard the flying simulator may not have worked out due to capacity issues. Where did you get this rumor from BTW?

While I'm sure the RnRC clone is something they're considering, I still think they'll probably go with the omnicoaster. Here's what we have to consider here:

DCA really, REALLY needs a high-end family coaster that isn't an off-the-shelf wild mouse. Would DCA be willing to add a second coaster with inversions when the only major coaster there already goes upside down? There's also another factor to consider here and it's probably the biggest one.....

Capacity. I'm a bit dumb-founded they would choose a coaster with a single loading station when they could easily build one with a dual loading station to double the capacity. A station that only allows to load and dispatch one train at a time makes no sense for what should be the park's signature ride.

While a clone of the Avengers/RnRC wouldn't be fun, I just can't see Disney being that short-sighted. Do they really want to blow their last true expansion space of DCA on a low-capacity high-thrill coaster that won't even maximize the space?

Reactions: Eckert
Do they have room for this coaster and some sort of ride like the minions shooter ride?

I'd like a ride with more characters, Spiderman has one...and even if they do an Avenger's style ride bet it has 5-10 characters max and since the MCU is huge, id like some sort of ride that can have Moon Night and other none big stars to show up in

Do they have room for this coaster and some sort of ride like the minions shooter ride?

I'd like a ride with more characters, Spiderman has one...and even if they do an Avenger's style ride bet it has 5-10 characters max and since the MCU is huge, id like some sort of ride that can have Moon Night and other none big stars to show up in

That sounds like the mystical black box rumor that gets pushed around ever couple years. With the amount of marvel shows on Disney+ that would be a great use for that concept. But idk if the land needs another shooter ride given that Spider-Man mania is there already.

Reactions: Freak