Avengers: Infinity Defense (DCA) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Infinity Defense (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My hope is we get a much better ride
I have hope you’ll get a worthy E-ticket. I mean, DCA, WDSP, and HKDL all have an expansion pad set aside for an E-ticket. Split R&D costs so even if it’s an expensive attraction to design and figure out technically, you’re getting the most bang for your buck by putting it in three different parks.

I have hope you’ll get a worthy E-ticket. I mean, DCA, WDSP, and HKDL all have an expansion pad set aside for an E-ticket. Split R&D costs so even if it’s an expensive attraction to design and figure out technically, you’re getting the most bang for your buck by putting it in three different parks.
WDI has a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when it comes to splitting R&D costs. Lots of bang for the buck though, as in money spontaneously combusting.

• Haha
Reactions: Skold
So Mickey next year/Toon Town
Then Splash
I mean depending on what the ride is...could be 2025

The new concept for the Avengers E ticket is going to be based on the Multiverse. I could see this as a trackless ride. Disney had filed some patents a while back that I think could be used. One involves a ride car that can show damage in real time and then reset after the ride is over. Another involves resetting sets and digital effects. The latter patent can be used to keep the ride fresh as the MCU evolves over time.

No way it's 2025 considering they haven't even started construction and we're getting towards the end of 2022. This will probably be 2026.
Uni was able to build SLOP in 2 years and the 2024 addition for USF is rumored to be a Trolls dark ride which would presumably start construction next year. So if they break ground in early 2023 maybe they could make a 2025 opening for this new Avengers ride.

Uni was able to build SLOP in 2 years and the 2024 addition for USF is rumored to be a Trolls dark ride which would presumably start construction next year. So if they break ground in early 2023 maybe they could make a 2025 opening for this new Avengers ride.
To be fair, Disney does take a longer time to build things for whatever reason

It could be done by then but bet it wont because it would cost them more somehow. I hope its good by 2024 but if not then hopefully DCA gets another ride/show because Disneyland seems to be getting all the love the next few years (Rumors of a new three house, splash and toontown being redone)

Yes, Universal was able to. This is Disney we're talking about and we know they typically build slowly.

For example, it's going to have taken them roughly 4 years to have built Runaway Railway from time of announcement to opening next year (originally announced April 2019 for Disneyland). I expect the ride to open for Memorial day 2023. Even if you take out an entire year for COVID delays, it still took 3 years for a fairly simple ride to be built (it's basically a completely projection mapped ride). I expect an Avengers ride to be much more complex than MMRR.

Yes, Universal was able to. This is Disney we're talking about and we know they typically build slowly.

For example, it's going to have taken them roughly 4 years to have built Runaway Railway from time of announcement to opening next year (originally announced April 2019 for Disneyland). I expect the ride to open for Memorial day 2023. Even if you take out an entire year for COVID delays, it still took 3 years for a fairly simple ride to be built (it's basically a completely projection mapped ride). I expect an Avengers ride to be much more complex than MMRR.
Have you seen Spiderman, lol

Joking aside I hope you are right but the company seems to be run by a penny pincher. So honestly while I want this to be an E ticket...it could be another spiderman where the budget goes to getting actors over a great ride

Have you seen Spiderman, lol

Joking aside I hope you are right but the company seems to be run by a penny pincher. So honestly while I want this to be an E ticket...it could be another spiderman where the budget goes to getting actors over a great ride
I actually really enjoy WEB Slingers... for what it is. I enjoy it more than TSMM, but I enjoy it with the mindset that there needs to be a RotR-level E-ticket built. If the third ride comes along and it's of the same caliber as WEB Slingers, then yes, i'll be extremely disappointed. If the new ride meets (or at least comes very close to) my expectations, then I think a lot of people will look at WEB Slingers a lot differently. It's definitely designed as a nice complimentary ride within the land, not the main attraction (much like Smuggler's Run in SWGE).