Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Barbie (July 21, 2023)

I'm unbelievably hyped for this movie. The creative team and cast is absolutely stacked and this teaser is so irreverent, campy, and sets the perfect tone.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't have thought that one of my anticipated films would be a Barbie film. But seeing the crew that's behind this, and seeing this teaser, I'm pleasantly intrigued!

Props to the teaser as well, since this looks like the right kind of irreverent and camp that's just plain fun, and from those brief glimpses at the end you're left wanting to see more. That's the marks of a good teaser, and I look forward to seeing what comes next!

I must be the only one underwhelmed by the trailer. l do like the satirical nature of the teaser but Greta and Noah neither have made a film that was actually fun (evenNoah's Madasgascar 3 was the worst of the Madagascars). The both are great writers but the fact they didn't showcase anything about the film/story in this trailer to where you can even guess where it's gonna go is telling.

Oh yeah, this film looks like it knows *exactly* what it is, and it's gonna' have fun with it! I'm in, plain and simple.

Also, big kudos to marketing as this is the official trailer and it doesn't feel like it really gave away anything just like the teaser. It's a nice breath of fresh air, especially when another anticipated film released their full trailer today and it felt like they gave away too much on that one.

I can confidently say this is my most anticipated film of the Summer, it just looks so much fun!
Also, please give Ryan Gosling more comedic roles, I loved him in The Nice Guys and his Ken looks to be no exception.