Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blue Man Group

Feb 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Florida
Well - Cirque has theirs...so now BMG has their own!

I went last July and loved it. My girlfriend loved it so much she went back in November and was chosen to be part of the show.

Well for Valentines day I got her 2nd row tickets center stage on their "How to be a megastar Tour 2.1" and then in April we are heading up to Universal to see BMG again.

I really think I will enjoy the Universal show more...but it will still be a lot of fun to see them in different settings.

What are other opinions of this show?

I loved it so much. I got a ticket for my birthday and I had a relatively good spot. Very high energy, very fun, hillarious also. Worth the money.

sledge...you must go! it is a great time. just tell angela that for v-day you want BMG tickets ;)

(sorry angela - im just trying to hook jason up and you would get to see a great show too!!!) :x

I am so scared of Cirque, Quidam gave me nightmares when I saw it and I have been nervous of it ever since. Plus I could not stand it, cause I did not understand jack. Cause most of it was in french.

This looks much better.

patch...they are going on tour in your area pretty soon i beleive. you should look up on ticket master and type in blue man group and check it out. If not...a DVD of the show comes out late march (not the orlando show - but their How to be a Megastar Tour).

The 2 are totally different beast!

Today my girlfriend got us back stage passes to see BMG when they are in concert here in Fort Myers!!!! woohoo! So second row and back stage passes!!!! Should be a fun time! Just a little over 2 weeks away!!!!

There doesn't happen to be any special discounts for Blue man group is there?
My Premier pass gives 10% off, but is there something that gives more? (coke cans or whatever)
Thanks!

no...i have not seen any deals for the orlando show other than the pass or large groups. the show is prob still new and trying to rake in the cash for as long as they can. if i see anything ill be sure to post!

I've seen Cirque and didn't think i'd like it, but was amazed.
I was happy to see that BMG was coming to orlando, but I still haven't had a chance to go. Since you've gone so many times I think I might look into going sometime this month.

speaking of cirque...just to get off topic for 30 seconds...i found it interesting that the last rumors say cirque is trying to figure out if its worth a renewal at DTD....i guess they said the buzz has been slipping on the show and they are trying to decide what to do next...i still really want to see it though...maybe this summer...

now back to BMG you dont need to sit in the row to get the best experience. the first time i went i got the second tier seats and it was great. you could see the entire show with no problem. i would bet to say even in the back the show would be great - it really is not a huge theater.

BMG CD/DVD Released Today and HTBAMS 2.1 Tour

I forgot and never posted up a review of the BMG How To Be a Megastar Tour 2.1 Review!

Well what can I say! It was a BLAST!

We went to the HTBAMS Tour on 3/14/2008 at Germain Areana in Fort Myers Florida. This was my second BMG show. We saw the show in Orlando and loved it. The Orlando show is a "Theatrical" show. This was more of a "Rock Concert" and had less skits and more music. Overall - the show was GREAT.

I bought the tickets back in November for a Christmas present. Well I ended up getting my GF an 80 GB Zune instead so I held onto these for a Valentines Day present. I was able to score Second Row Center Floor!!! So when I gave them to her - she was really excited!

Alex is a member of the BMG fan club - and after some persistence - was able to score us some back stage passes to meet and greet the BMG in costume after the show. We were really excited and we even made shirts! Alex did hers in Block Letters and it said "I :heart: Blue Man Group". I wanted mine to stand out a bit more - so I decided to make mine look like the Spin Art that they make during the Orlando Show! Complete with their Signature "Blue Man Hand Print." (insert laugh here)

BLUEMANGROUP031408CAM2139.jpg

Walking into the show - everyone was saying cool shirt...asking if the BMG made it. So that was cool. During the pre-show while waiting for the concert - they would even have banners pointing out weird things in the crowd...and I swear there was one referring to me. They said Hi to all the Extreme BMG fans with painted shirts" or something to that effect!

Anyways - onto the concert! Milk Relm was the opening act. He is a GREAT VJ. He was able to pick some great songs - and while mixing some great songs - he also had a video show going on. Which he would also mix the video show at the same time. It was VERY creative and hard to describe - so thank god for You Tube!
His Office Space Remix - http://youtube.com/watch?v=mf7DRiLh9O8
His Peanuts Remix - http://youtube.com/watch?v=hjiZ4mtunRo
Well that lasted for a good 30 minutes.

But man - when the BMG concert started - Alex and I we were so excited!!! We were cheering so loud. The people around us must have thought we were CRAZY.

Just some background info. The BMG does lot of the percussion - but just like the Orlando show - they have a band that backs them up. So while the BMG are discovering new things - the band will provide music. The live Rock Tour is also different - because they have a male and female vocalist. The singers will sing songs while the BMG provide music. In the Orlando show - there is no singing. So that is what makes this a rock concert. A few times during the show the BMG would look at us. Also members of the band noticed us (we found that out after the show) and the singers also noticed us.

Well the whole premise of this rock concert is building upon their complex rock tour from a few years ago. The complex tour - was pretty much - just a tour with their music and skits. This HTBAMS tour adds on to that using a lot of the same music and skits - but with more stuff. They also have a story line. What if the BMG are watching TV - and they see an infomercial from Ron Popeil - on "How to Be a Megastar." So the BMG get a credit card from the audience, get the kit delivered, and follow the HTBAMS Rock Concert Manual throughout the show.

During the concert - Alex was able to get 2 guitar pics and 1 drum stick. She gave the drum stick to me since she was picked to go on stage in Orlando and already has a set. She also gave me one guitar pic. awww.

FYI - No You Tube links for this though - the CD/DVD set comes out today and is 14.95 at Best Buy!!!! Go Buy it this week!!! :-X

After the concert - we were able to do the Meet and Greet with the BMG and some of the band. It was pretty cool to talk to the band and give them props. I also met Mike Relm who also saw us in the crowd. We also were able to meet the BMG in costumes. (Pics with me and the BMG can be found on myspace.) I was only able to get pictures of me with 2 of the 3 BMG. But Alex was able to get one pic with each. She also was even able to get one of the BMG to talk while in Blue Paint Character! That was really cool for her!

So that is my quick review gang! If they are coming to a town near you - check them out in concert! It is very different than the Orlando show. If they already passed your city - be sure to check out their Orlando Show!!!

I am going to see them in Orlando this weekend!!! It is really cool to see both shows within 2 weeks!!! It will be a blast!!!

Here is some info on the CD/DVD coming out today - http://bluemangroup.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=363_13331
How to be a Megastar LIVE! is a two-disk DVD/CD of Blue Man Group’s popular rock concert tour. This collection contains a DVD of live concert footage, a live CD, and bonus features including 5.1 Surround Sound, the video for “I Feel Love,” the comedic parody “Mono Makes a Plea – Save the TVs” campaign and the documentary Inside the Tube, which provides an intimate look inside Blue Man Group’s creative process and history. This DVD is compatible with DVD video players and is coded for region one for the United States and Canada.
Please note that this is not a DVD/CD of our performances at our stationary theatrical productions, rather it contains songs and video of our popular How to be a Megastar Tour.