Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Project 2011 and 2012

I truly miss BGW...BGT is good, but BGW certainly is my favorite...it is where I rode my first coaster afterall
ps this ride is a big leap in terms of coasters for the Sea World Ent. Group...hopefully we will get a dark ride/coaster at BGT one day (I can dream)

Sweet. I'm heading out to BGW for the first time this April. Perfect timing.

An outdated video, but it shows the inside track :)drool5: Look at that helix):

[video=youtube;DFc5EuA8NL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFc5EuA8NL8&feature=BFa&list=PLE2F0064CC8B6E483&lf=plcp[/video]

And here is a nice video they made after they placed the last piece of track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwJ9...xt=C3220460ADOEgsToPDskLh3igJB76kmQIN1ysTwSui

Last edited:
Theme Park Review has a great photo update of the coaster.

03_155.jpg

You guy's honestly think this is gonna be better than Cheetah hunt? o_0 ...

You Station looks amazing but the theming leading up to the building on the actual ride has people thinking otherwise...

I think it is going to be a much better coaster than Cheetah Hunt. As far as themeing goes we will still have to wait and see.

The event building will be special, IMO. And the natural surroundings of BGW is theme enough for the point of the attraction.

Plus the Rhine River drop is coming back. One of the best memories of my childhood right there.

I'm just so happy something this cool is going to be so close to me. The park itself is so incredibly well maintained and beautiful that just walking around the park is a treat all on its own. I was saddened when Big Bad Wolf closed, but it looks like they kept its spirit with that river drop. Very excited about this!

It definitely could be better than Cheetah Hunt. With Cheetah Hunt opening before Verbolten they were able to work out some of the kinks that they encountered and improve upon the formula. It's like the difference between the Disney Fantasy and the Dream. On the surface they're very similar, but theirs just enough subtle improvements on the formula that it overall yields a much better experience.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but can anyone name some rides Busch Gardens or SeaWorld had a soft opening for? The only one I can think of is Manta and thats thinking all the back to 98-99... Anyone thinks of some please share.