Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

^Given that the second hill is a good 145-155 feet tall, it'd be physically impossible for it to make a complete circuit in its current form. You can expect a 200+ foot Mean Streak.

Height is looking like potentially 240 feet high (that was based on a ThemeParkReview poster who tried to estimate based upon the angle of lower lift hill). Really hoping that holds true.

Also, the supports for the drop seem to suggest a vertical drop. Looks like at least four inversions. First hill will be awesome but then two subsequent hills will absolutely rock as well.

Height is looking like potentially 240 feet high (that was based on a ThemeParkReview poster who tried to estimate based upon the angle of lower lift hill). Really hoping that holds true.

Also, the supports for the drop seem to suggest a vertical drop. Looks like at least four inversions. First hill will be awesome but then two subsequent hills will absolutely rock as well.
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say 240 feet high. The orignal ride was only 160 feet high. It may be a little bigger but I don't see 80 extra feet added anywhere.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say 240 feet high. The orignal ride was only 160 feet high. It may be a little bigger but I don't see 80 extra feet added anywhere.

I was skeptical myself but several people on that forum were quite sure of their calculations. Of course, I didn't think that they were going higher than the original height, so what do I know? It is more probable that they go just over 200' to add another hypercoaster to their repertoire. Still, 90 degrees could be very fun.

Interesting Note: Both Kings Island and Cedar Point have experienced power outages this year at a higher rate than normal. I don't know why, though. I would prefer to NOT get stuck on a coaster for however long it would take to evac.

Interesting Note: Both Kings Island and Cedar Point have experienced power outages this year at a higher rate than normal. I don't know why, though. I would prefer to NOT get stuck on a coaster for however long it would take to evac.

Maybe for this early in the season, but I remember 2007 (when I worked there) as the summer of power outages. :lol: There was a particular stretch of a week or two where there were constant power outages. Of course, Blue Streak was on a different circuit than the one(s) that kept failing, so while the rest of Area 1 got to chill for a few hours we got everyone who wanted to ride. I know they've made at least one upgrade/major repair to the lines out to the peninsula in the past 10 years, but apparently that hasn't fixed much. No clue what KI's issue is.

Maybe for this early in the season, but I remember 2007 (when I worked there) as the summer of power outages. :lol: There was a particular stretch of a week or two where there were constant power outages. Of course, Blue Streak was on a different circuit than the one(s) that kept failing, so while the rest of Area 1 got to chill for a few hours we got everyone who wanted to ride. I know they've made at least one upgrade/major repair to the lines out to the peninsula in the past 10 years, but apparently that hasn't fixed much. No clue what KI's issue is.

Turned out that a road widening project had necessitated the temporary of utility poles. In doing so, the wires became loose and shorting out somehow. Then, this caused the power to go out for seconds but which interrupted the ride cycles. It has now been fixed.

It's going to immediately be considered one of the best coasters in the country, I guarantee it. Lightening Rod in Dollywood is up there with tower of terror as one of the greatest rides of all time for me.

If you love coasters, this is the park to make sure you visit in your lifetime. Super scenic on Lake Erie and Coaster lovers' heaven.

I honestly can't tell which looks better, Time Traveler or SV. Both look amazing, and I wish I can do a trip if I get a chance to both Silver Dollar and Cedar Point.

Here's the page for the coaster and stats:
Steel Vengeance | Hyper-Hybrid Record-Breaking Coaster | Cedar Point

They’re back. And they’re back with a VENGEANCE! Once intimidated and disrespected by the musings of Maverick, outcasts Jackson “Blackjack” Chamberlain, Chess “Wild One” Watkins and Wyatt “Digger” Dempsey have returned to FrontierTown to right the wrongs done to them and their fellow FrontierTown Folk.

The three are bringing with them a roller coaster forged so big and so bold, an entirely new category of thrill ride has been branded: the hyper-hybrid – the world’s first steel-on-wood hybrid roller coaster to stand over 200 feet tall. Mirroring Blackjack’s impressive height, Chess’ unconventional and wild personality and Digger’s blazing speed of the draw, this new machine is now the force to be reckoned with. The law-abidin’ folk of FrontierTown have a new leader – Steel Vengeance.

This Wild West thrill comes action-packed with a height of 205 feet above the prairie, a 90-degree initial drop down to the earth, almost 30 seconds of airtime (the most on any roller coaster on Earth), 4 head-over-boots inversions, ricocheting movements left-to-right, up-to-down and side to side…it’s a roller coaster only Cedar Point could build – and you have the chance to saddle up and take the ride of your life beginning in 2018!

Ride Stats

Height: 205 feet
Speed: 74 mph
First Drop: 200 feet
Inversions: 4
Length: 5,740 feet
Duration: 2 minutes, 30 seconds
Height Requirement: 48"
Trains: 3
Riders per Train: 24
Riders per Hour: 1,200

A New World Record Breaker

Coaster Records Broken
World's tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet tall)
World's fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 miles per hour)
World's steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
World's longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
World's longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
World's first "hyper-hybrid" roller coaster

Park Records Broken
Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (57,865 feet/11 miles)
Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,423 feet/11.4 miles)
Most rides at one amusement park (71)
Most roller coasters over 200 feet tall at one amusement park (6)
Most roller coasters with a first drop of 90 degrees or more at one amusement park (5)

cpsteelv1.JPG
cpsteelv2.JPG
cpsteelv3.JPG
cpsteelv4.JPG

Last edited: