Cheetah Hunt | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^^^^ Lots of masonry going on yesterday. As posted before in your pics, the finished trench looks great, And is probably the first item (of many) to be completed...

Missed a few pics from yesterday.

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

Should we start a "repaint the Cheetah Hunt thread?" :)
DSC00463-1.jpg

Going all panoramic on ya.
DSC00507.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

Reactions: dmkrc5
*Approved by BriMan*

Update from today!

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/bgt1.26.11/

It's been a while, but four new flatbeds have been loaded up with box track and supports. Work continues around the final trench and a whole mess of new footers have popped up near Edge of Africa. The station is coming along nicely...with the floor being finished up and the walls along the first launch are just about complete.

DSC00862.jpg

Reactions: Kraken&Manta
i think i might get blasted for these comments but here I go:
1. the picture with the phrase "cheetah run" could be the name of the area of the exibit outside the interactive center where you can see the cheetahs run around. I wouldnt mind the name change to cheetah run though :) still amped up about the coaster.
2. although i know that its scrapped off paint on the support, I'm going to just pretend that those are themed cheetah spots for now. lol.

^
1. Cheetah Run is the name of the exhibit
2.Every coaster deals with this and once major construction is complete they will touch up paint as necessary.

Oh and BLAST YOU BLAST!!!!!! :lol:

^
1. Cheetah Run is the name of the exhibit
2.Every coaster deals with this and once major construction is complete they will touch up paint as necessary.

Oh and BLAST YOU BLAST!!!!!! :lol:

Posted the "run" pic for fun, as well as the chipped support. Hard to keep it scuff free when transporting, craning, or working up there with a lift.

And you didn't have to blast em like that man! :)

^ Nah, I've got to disagree with you there...

The Cheetahs are here!
If you experience Busch Gardens’ popular Endangered Species Safari starting today, you'll have the opportunity to meet some very special members of the adventure park’s animal collection.

Five cheetahs recently arrived at BG in accordance with the international cheetah Species Survival Plan. Next spring, Steelman, a 12-year-old male, Ngoma, a 10-year-old female, and littermates Jagati, Iraja and Juno – all born in October 2009 – will be part of Cheetah Run, the innovative new habitat opening alongside the Cheetah Hunt launch coaster that will bring guests face to face with these agile predators and teach them about cheetahs’ plight in the wild.

During the encounter, guests will learn that while these five cats came from the White Oak Conservation Center in Jacksonville, Fla, their wild cousins are highly endangered. There are less than 10,000 cheetahs left in the world, and repopulation is made difficult by low birth rates and many natural and man-made threats to their survival.

Photo by Matt Marriott, BG Tampa Bay
BuschGardens’ zoo educators will also talk about the efforts of the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund, which has donated almost $100,000 to cheetah efforts in Africa since 2005 and also helps fund conservation programs for white rhinos, marine animals and many other species around the world.

The 45-minute Endangered Species Safari also includes up-close encounters with giraffes, zebra and rhinos on the 65-acre Serengeti Plain. The experience is $39.95 per person, plus tax, and park admission is required, but not included.
To book an Endangered Species Safari, click here.
Source: http://www.buschgardenstampablog.com/close-cheetah-experience-now-part-endangered-species-safari

dec2010_1-350x233.jpg

dec2010_2-350x231.jpg

dec2010_3_small-350x243.jpg

dec2010_5-350x238.jpg

If you experience Busch Gardens’ popular Endangered Species Safari starting today, you'll have the opportunity to meet some very special members of the adventure park’s animal collection.

Five cheetahs recently arrived at BG in accordance with the international cheetah Species Survival Plan. Next spring, Steelman, a 12-year-old male, Ngoma, a 10-year-old female, and littermates Jagati, Iraja and Juno – all born in October 2009 – will be part of Cheetah Run, the innovative new habitat opening alongside the Cheetah Hunt launch coaster that will bring guests face to face with these agile predators and teach them about cheetahs’ plight in the wild.

During the encounter, guests will learn that while these five cats came from the White Oak Conservation Center in Jacksonville, Fla, their wild cousins are highly endangered. There are less than 10,000 cheetahs left in the world, and repopulation is made difficult by low birth rates and many natural and man-made threats to their survival.

Photo by Matt Marriott, BG Tampa Bay
BuschGardens’ zoo educators will also talk about the efforts of the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund, which has donated almost $100,000 to cheetah efforts in Africa since 2005 and also helps fund conservation programs for white rhinos, marine animals and many other species around the world.

The 45-minute Endangered Species Safari also includes up-close encounters with giraffes, zebra and rhinos on the 65-acre Serengeti Plain. The experience is $39.95 per person, plus tax, and park admission is required, but not included.
To book an Endangered Species Safari, click here.

I might just have to take a tour to see them...

^Ditto. It's kinda like a sneak peek at them before they're in their new habitat.

Also, several of the footers from yesterday look to have disappeared...but not quite. They have now been buried to allow for better traffic flow in the area. The station has some new metal frame work up for the exit stairs and the wall for the final trench is just about complete. The track and supports in the lot are still there, but SHOULD be making their way to the site anytime now.

^ Nah, I've got to disagree with you there...

The Cheetahs are here!

Source: http://www.buschgardenstampablog.com/close-cheetah-experience-now-part-endangered-species-safari

dec2010_1-350x233.jpg

dec2010_2-350x231.jpg

dec2010_3_small-350x243.jpg

dec2010_5-350x238.jpg

WOW they're here already??? Wasn't expecting that! But I'm so excited! :whoo::happy::whoo::happy::whoo:

I love animals (especially the cat family) so I've been almost as interested to see the cheetahs as ride the coaster..:look:

I wonder where they are staying though? I wasn't under the impression their permanent habitat was finished yet. It would suck if they just had to stay in a holding area or something for months.

I wonder where they are staying though? I wasn't under the impression their permanent habitat was finished yet. It would suck if they just had to stay in a holding area or something for months.

They're going to be part of the Endangered Species Safari Tour until Cheetah Run opens. See Octobers Fade's post at the top of this page for more info. :thumbs: