CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd be curious to know which of those 3rd party locations aren't as popular & could be replaced by something Universal owned in the near future

Or just a longer lifespan at least

Is VooDoo licensed but run by Universal? Same with CowFish maybe?
Not sure about Voodoo, but I heard operations were taken over by Universal at Cowfish.

I thought Pat O'Brians was run by Universal, with it's employees on Universal payroll.
No clue about Pat O'Brian's, considering they only have one other restaurant outside of New Orleans, it would make sense.

My question is what's the deal with Bob Marley's? Who owns it?

Reactions: Ahmanet
I'd be curious to know which of those 3rd party locations aren't as popular & could be replaced by something Universal owned in the near future

Or just a longer lifespan at least
At this point I think Universal could or would close down anything they wanted assuming they have a contract that they can break. Who knows how they write those contracts, but I'd guess they all have terms for breaking them on the part of Universal or the contractor.

Not sure about Voodoo, but I heard operations were taken over by Universal at Cowfish.

No clue about Pat O'Brian's, considering they only have one other restaurant outside of New Orleans, it would make sense.

My question is what's the deal with Bob Marley's? Who owns it?

Bob Marley, Pat O’s are universal owned and operated. Both designed by Universal Creative during their night club era along with Latin Quarter, CityJazz etc

Cinamark
Bubba Gumps
Hard Rock
Margaritaville
Pat O'Brian
Bob Marley
Moe's
Panda Express
Burger King
Menchies
Hart & Huntington
Starbucks
Cowfish
Voodoo Donuts
Sorry for double post..

From what I understand, majority of these are franchised locations that were purchased by Universal - Universal pays the companies a franchise fee and owns/operates them. Margaritaville for sure, cowfish, voodoo, Starbucks, Pat O’s. Bob Marley’s is an original concept by Universal

I’m not sure if the food court is franchised by universal. I’d hope not, considering how poorly it is:lmao:

tumblr_p5ezdagk7k1w4t58uo1_540.gif

All this lease talk has me wondering what eateries will get locations at Epic (besides Starbucks)
I've been curious about this too. With Celestial Park basically acting as a Citywalk of sorts, I'm curious to see if we'll see any franchised locations.

I hope not, but we'll see!

Reactions: Ahmanet