CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got an update on this. The hours online list 2am for CityWalk, but apparently Rising Star will close at 1:15. I am unsure of Bob's and Pat O's, but I assume they will follow.

Karen seems to have a disliking for nightlife. I do understand getting rid of the 2am close, as it could possibly bring in a bad crowd. But, on the other hand, midnight is too early for some of these places on the weekends. Even Atlantic Dance and Jelly Rolls stay open until 1am. Those two venues are not even in the same league as the ones offered at CityWalk. It is quite possible that the 1am time could become the new weekend norm.

What would stay open until the listed 2 am time though? Pizza?
Yeah.. Pizza, Voodoo, maybe a few of the restaurants that have bars like NBC and Bigfire.

Got an update on this. The hours online list 2am for CityWalk, but apparently Rising Star will close at 1:15. I am unsure of Bob's and Pat O's, but I assume they will follow.

Karen seems to have a disliking for nightlife. I do understand getting rid of the 2am close, as it could possibly bring in a bad crowd. But, on the other hand, midnight is too early for some of these places on the weekends. Even Atlantic Dance and Jelly Rolls stay open until 1am. Those two venues are not even in the same league as the ones offered at CityWalk. It is quite possible that the 1am time could become the new weekend norm.

Maybe she identified an unfavorable attendance mix and attempted to address it?

Thur-Sun 1am close makes sense. Keep NBC, Voodoo, USS, Starbucks, Cold Stone, Red Oven, and Lone Palm open.

I can’t find the proper place to ask this without starting a new thread, and this section of the forum seems rather vacant except for this thread, so, apologies.

Citywalk says that you have to be 21 after 9 for places like pat O Brian’s. My 17 yr old daughter wants to eat there and see the dueling pianos after we leave the park one night. Do ALL members of a party need to be over 21 for pat’s? Or if she’s with her parent it’s fine?
Thanks,

I can’t find the proper place to ask this without starting a new thread, and this section of the forum seems rather vacant except for this thread, so, apologies.

Citywalk says that you have to be 21 after 9 for places like pat O Brian’s. My 17 yr old daughter wants to eat there and see the dueling pianos after we leave the park one night. Do ALL members of a party need to be over 21 for pat’s? Or if she’s with her parent it’s fine?
Thanks,

This is outdated information- the only place that checks ID’s is rising star. And the age limit is 18.

Pat O’s and Bob Marley’s offer the same lively/club atmosphere without checking ID’s at the door. Highly recommend stopping by Bob Marley’s after Pats.

Reactions: Clive and Mad Dog
Orlando Entertainment News (Save Pleasure Island) has been doing some CityWalk updates recently

Went two Thursdays ago, on a busy enough night we couldn't get a reservation at Toothsome and had to adjust times to get BigFire. Rising Star was like a dead mall from 9 to 10 -- with a 6-piece band, DJ and 2 techs plus door and bar staff, most of our visit TMs probably outnumbered guests. Started to pick up a bit at 10, but last call is 11:30, so what's the point?

Pat Os is now purely a restaurant. Back bars all closed, dueling piano bar seating by host only, plenty of kids scattered throughout even after 9.

Not a lot of people walking around, but those I saw had the confused 2010s Downtown Disney vibe, "I heard there were nightclubs here."

"ya'll wanna fight at Wonderworks?"

I get the joke but this is probably why Pointe charges for parking even after OCCC closes. Meanwhile, Putting Edge at Dezerland is exactly what you're talking about.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
This is outdated information- the only place that checks ID’s is rising star. And the age limit is 18.

Pat O’s and Bob Marley’s offer the same lively/club atmosphere without checking ID’s at the door. Highly recommend stopping by Bob Marley’s after Pats.
Side note: Bob Marley's is the most underrated spot in the entire resort. If it ever goes away I will be heartbroken lol

Went two Thursdays ago, on a busy enough night we couldn't get a reservation at Toothsome and had to adjust times to get BigFire. Rising Star was like a dead mall from 9 to 10 -- with a 6-piece band, DJ and 2 techs plus door and bar staff, most of our visit TMs probably outnumbered guests. Started to pick up a bit at 10, but last call is 11:30, so what's the point?

Pat Os is now purely a restaurant. Back bars all closed, dueling piano bar seating by host only, plenty of kids scattered throughout even after 9.

Not a lot of people walking around, but those I saw had the confused 2010s Downtown Disney vibe, "I heard there were nightclubs here."

For sure. Went around spring break time this past year when it was still 2am closing and the places were packed. Pretty sad looking now with the midnight closings.

After 10pm Pat O’s and Bobs switch to bar style without the host. Hopefully the extended hours during HHN will bring in a bigger crowd.

The Atlantic Dance hall is open later than the new CityWalk times:eek:O:

Last edited:
Isn't the movie theater the teen hangout in every city? I mean, I don't really know, my town was too small for a theater, had to make do with the Dairy Queen,
Like 12 years ago, CityWalk was actually where we AVOIDED as teenagers because the movie theater was the strictest about sneaking into R-rated movies (I remember one weekend some random horror movie came out they actually had security at the top of the escalators checking tickets and sending us back downstairs if we were trying to get in), AND did the sweep around 10pm to kick out anyone under 18 (or 21, I can’t remember). That’s why I’m surprised that they feel this curfew deal is even necessary.

As for HHN, my guess is they won’t publicly renounce the policy but also won’t enforce it. The parking charge through 10pm on HHN nights will deter kids way more than a tweet about security checks.

Like 12 years ago, CityWalk was actually where we AVOIDED as teenagers because the movie theater was the strictest about sneaking into R-rated movies (I remember one weekend some random horror movie came out they actually had security at the top of the escalators checking tickets and sending us back downstairs if we were trying to get in), AND did the sweep around 10pm to kick out anyone under 18 (or 21, I can’t remember). That’s why I’m surprised that they feel this curfew deal is even necessary.

As for HHN, my guess is they won’t publicly renounce the policy but also won’t enforce it. The parking charge through 10pm on HHN nights will deter kids way more than a tweet about security checks.
Yes on the parking lot charge deterrence.

Dead Coconut!?!?

I certainly hope so, I know I'm not the only one who feels that if they're going to make a tease like that, it would be really nice if they went through with it! That and I have a UCM shirt from Cryptiguz, so I've got the right attire for it!

Reactions: Alicia