Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Few updates from yesterday..

-They redid the setup inside of the Coconut, DJ is now on the stage. They added a pretty cool light show too.
-Coconut joined Rising Star in staying open until 1:15, while Bob Marley's & Pat O's still close at 1
-The upstairs of the Coconut Club is currently closed

-For the Cinco De Mayo party they had a DJ on the balcony of the Movie Escape playing Spanish music. The crowd really seemed to be enjoying it.

Also not sure if @Brian G. or whoever was there would like to share.. but they had a Margarita class at Margaritaville!

Few updates from yesterday..

-They redid the setup inside of the Coconut, DJ is now on the stage. They added a pretty cool light show too.
-Coconut joined Rising Star in staying open until 1:15, while Bob Marley's & Pat O's still close at 1
-The upstairs of the Coconut Club is currently closed

-For the Cinco De Mayo party they had a DJ on the balcony of the Movie Escape playing Spanish music. The crowd really seemed to be enjoying it.

Also not sure if @Brian G. or whoever was there would like to share.. but they had a Margarita class at Margaritaville!

It was Drew, I saw the drunken photos on Insta. :lol:

Two things I love about this:

1 - prominently featured in Citywalk along the main guest intake artery, meaning most people will catch a glimpse of them. They aren’t tucked away somewhere.

2 - no prior advertising, so the characters aren’t mobbed by opportunistic bloggers.

Orlando Entertainment News/Save Pleasure Island recently stopped by CityWalk on a Friday night and discovered that DJ Chino will be the main act of the Red Coconut Club every Friday night for the summer. Pretty cool as DJ Chino is a well known Orlando DJ and was formerly the DJ of the old 95.3 radio station and now works for the new 103.1 station. He was also resident DJ of the Groove

In addition to that, Pride night at Red Coconut Club every Thursday in the month of June. Big new surge of nightlife efforts being pumped into CityWalk!

Orlando Entertainment News/Save Pleasure Island recently stopped by CityWalk on a Friday night and discovered that DJ Chino will be the main act of the Red Coconut Club every Friday night for the summer. Pretty cool as DJ Chino is a well known Orlando DJ and was formerly the DJ of the old 95.3 radio station and now works for the new 103.1 station. He was also resident DJ of the Groove

In addition to that, Pride night at Red Coconut Club every Thursday in the month of June. Big new surge of nightlife efforts being pumped into CityWalk!
Always loved that about CityWalk, entertainment and restaurants in the forefront. If I want to shop retail, I'll do that at home.

Rising Star has been getting lots of upgrades recently. New dj booth, new lighting, and hopefully more to come

Also for Dead Coconut, I’m not totally sure, but pretty confident that DJ Chino has been extended into October November etc. It’ll be nice to have the (hopefully) live music early in the night, and then some legit club DJ’s to follow in the evening

I don't wanna be a hater, but the music they play at coconut sometimes is really really bad.
If you’re referring to last years dead coconut and the holiday/Mardi Gras versions, those DJ’s were different

The genre still might not be your cup of tea, but they recently started with the new DJ’s in June of this year. They’re mostly guys that used to play The Groove and Latin Quarter

If you’re referring to last years dead coconut and the holiday/Mardi Gras versions, those DJ’s were different

The genre still might not be your cup of tea, but they recently started with the new DJ’s in June of this year. They’re mostly guys that used to play The Groove and Latin Quarter
I enjoyed the sets at Pride night.