Console Gaming (General) | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Saw that, about to download it right now. Seems like with Silent Hill sort of out of mainstream for a bit this is them trying to get people into the franchise at no cost so new people to the franchise will be excited for Silent Hill 2 Remake as well.

Anyone here into Sonic? I’ve always heard Generations is one of the good ones and I’m wondering if it’s worth getting into the series at all with the new remaster. I’ve never played one.

Anyone here into Sonic? I’ve always heard Generations is one of the good ones and I’m wondering if it’s worth getting into the series at all with the new remaster. I’ve never played one.
Sonic Generations is a solid game

Sonic Origins Collection is also not a bad place to start either

Reactions: Mike S
Generations is one of the better ones, but it's short. The new content will hopefully add a decent amount more to do in the game. I'd wait for reviews to come out before you decide to get it though, the last remaster they released of Sonic Colors was botched badly with performance issues.

Out of all the Sonic games, I'd most highly recommend Sonic Mania, which goes on sale quite frequently these days.

Generations is one of the better ones, but it's short. The new content will hopefully add a decent amount more to do in the game. I'd wait for reviews to come out before you decide to get it though, the last remaster they released of Sonic Colors was botched badly with performance issues.

Out of all the Sonic games, I'd most highly recommend Sonic Mania, which goes on sale quite frequently these days.
Oh yes I remember Colors.

I originally wanted to use that as a jumping on point until I saw the mess it launched as lol

Troy Baker looking like the Joker role playing as a Wyld Stallion with an electric guitar as a weapon is gonna go crazy in Death Stranding 2.

Troy Baker looking like the Joker role playing as a Wyld Stallion with an electric guitar as a weapon is gonna go crazy in Death Stranding 2.

When I saw that it sounded like a celebrity I was forgetting the name of. I think he’s definitely doing an impression of someone but I can’t place who lol

about how many hours is that Silent Hill game?
To answer my own question: roughly 2 hours or so. For a free download single player experience, this was very well done. Also a few pretty tense sequences and the narrative was interesting enough.

As someone who had never played a Silent Hill game before, it was just enough game to really get my hype level going for Silent Hill 2 Remake.

Reactions: Jake S
God bless y'all with the patience and willpower to play all these new games. I just started replaying Link to the Past on the Switch for the first time since I was 11 years old. Startling how much I remember from this sucker.

To answer my own question: roughly 2 hours or so. For a free download single player experience, this was very well done. Also a few pretty tense sequences and the narrative was interesting enough.

As someone who had never played a Silent Hill game before, it was just enough game to really get my hype level going for Silent Hill 2 Remake.

It's intriguing to hear what you thought of Short Message as someone who's never played a Silent Hill game.
As for me, I've played a good chunk of the games, including Silent Hill 2. So my thoughts on Short Message are...I liked the monster design and a few of the effects, but that's it. The chase scenes wore out their welcome really quick, and the sheer lack of subtlety/subtext in the themes and story just made it an absolute SLOG to get through. It just repeatedly beat it over your head and constantly reminded you like it thinks you'd forget the moment it was just given to you.

The better Silent Hill games don't do that, they let you explore and discover the visible and underlying horrors.
They can be wonderful psychological slow burns that don't hold your hand or beat you over the head, which is the exact opposite of what Short Message was. I know it can be tricky doing a slow burn on a short game, but they could've absolutely pulled back on overly pounding the traumas/messages from the get-go and often.

All in all, I really didn't like it. I know the series hasn't really had a good game in a while, but Short Message instilled the wrong kind of dread, the series' future. And anything I see of the remake of Silent Hill 2 just makes me uneasy, as it looks like it could be taken in directions that will screw things up.

It's intriguing to hear what you thought of Short Message as someone who's never played a Silent Hill game.
As for me, I've played a good chunk of the games, including Silent Hill 2. So my thoughts on Short Message are...I liked the monster design and a few of the effects, but that's it. The chase scenes wore out their welcome really quick, and the sheer lack of subtlety/subtext in the themes and story just made it an absolute SLOG to get through. It just repeatedly beat it over your head and constantly reminded you like it thinks you'd forget the moment it was just given to you.

The better Silent Hill games don't do that, they let you explore and discover the visible and underlying horrors.
They can be wonderful psychological slow burns that don't hold your hand or beat you over the head, which is the exact opposite of what Short Message was. I know it can be tricky doing a slow burn on a short game, but they could've absolutely pulled back on overly pounding the traumas/messages from the get-go and often.

All in all, I really didn't like it. I know the series hasn't really had a good game in a while, but Short Message instilled the wrong kind of dread, the series' future. And anything I see of the remake of Silent Hill 2 just makes me uneasy, as it looks like it could be taken in directions that will screw things up.
Oh, I’m not saying it was great by any means. I’m judging it based on how much I paid, which is nothing. If I had paid even $5 for that I’d say it was a waste of $5.

The chase scenes were repetitive and you really had no control in this other than to move and look at notes. No weapon access, nothing. Live action sequences that were odd, but it was fine for what it was.

This did make me wonder though if the live action sequences like that are something we should expect in Kojima’s OD.

Reactions: Tobias