Dec 12th Media Event Predictions | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Dec 12th Media Event Predictions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal has a lot to announce but don't expect them to come out with it all at once. By announcing everything at once the announcement loses it's effectiveness. Audiences become confused at what has been announced and only remember the main points. I agree with those saying CW, Potter and Cabana Bay stuff. Expecting more is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's not about setting yourself up for disappointment it's about taking a shot in the dark, a guess, using your imagination, getting your mind churning, but most importantly having fun discussing what could be. I know all of this being announced tomorrow has about a 2% chance of happening but that's not the point. The point is having fun before the announcement and discussing the wide range of possibilities. Some people just love to put out the flames of imagination with their negativity. I guess I understand why not as any people post like they used too when they can't even take a stab at a guessing game thread without the Debbie Downers chiming in...

^:thumbs:

I myself and hoping for the jurassic park expansion reveal! That would be awesome!!!

Anybody going out tomorrow keep us updated!!!

CityWalk, Potter, and Cabana Bay. MAYBE they'll tease us with something coming down the pike, aka Kong, JP, etc. I'd love to hear of a new show coming to IOA for next year!

It's not about setting yourself up for disappointment it's about taking a shot in the dark, a guess, using your imagination, getting your mind churning, but most importantly having fun discussing what could be. I know all of this being announced tomorrow has about a 2% chance of happening but that's not the point. The point is having fun before the announcement and discussing the wide range of possibilities. Some people just love to put out the flames of imagination with their negativity. I guess I understand why not as any people post like they used too when they can't even take a stab at a guessing game thread without the Debbie Downers chiming in...
lol, i'm not being a "debbie downer", i'm being a realist. I'm looking at the situation and giving my best guess like you said you wanted. I'm just not overdoing it with ever possible project that Uni has in production because I know that the likelihood of Uni announcing everything at once is almost non-existent.

I'm far from a debbie downer, i'm just trying to keep expectations tempered. And you may want to look in the mirror if you want to fully figure out that reason why less and less people are posting...

Reactions: jtsalien
How hyped should we be for this? I'm not really expecting much other than maybe Citywalk news and a few other things for 2014, really not expecting JP announcement or anything beyond 2014. I would love to be surprised though.

Debbie.....Hostess.....Where's a twinkie when you need one?!

Last edited:
lol, i'm not being a "debbie downer", i'm being a realist. I'm looking at the situation and giving my best guess like you said you wanted. I'm just not overdoing it with ever possible project that Uni has in production because I know that the likelihood of Uni announcing everything at once is almost non-existent.

I'm far from a debbie downer, i'm just trying to keep expectations tempered. And you may want to look in the mirror if you want to fully figure out that reason why less and less people are posting...

:confused: fight fight fight fight fight :lol:

Sorry about the double post! :mean: :doh:

A boy can dream, but here's my real-life prediction for tomorrow morning:

• A rep will come out and thank everyone for coming.
  • A brief history of CityWalk's past success. How it "redefined Orlando nightlife" and how the guests "love staying in CityWalk after the parks" to hang out with such great brands as Emiril, Bob Marley, etc.
  • A reminder of what's coming with HP 2.0, and the new Hotel with new bridge for easy access to CityWalk.
  • With all the added attention to the parks, CityWalk is being "re-imagined"!
  • Red Oven, The New Latin Restaurant, Jeckyl and Hyde, and a couple others will be announced. Renderings shown.
  • Tease that 2014 will be the biggest year yet and there are many more surprises on the way.

I think the logo will stay the same (I kinda dig the logo!). I don't think the groove is going anywhere since it's a good private event space.

I love how UO is saying this will be the biggest announcement in CityWalk's history. When has there ever been a big announcement about CityWalk?!?! I think the last one was "We're building this thing called CityWalk".

Last edited:
I love how UO is saying this will be the biggest announcement in CityWalk's history. When has there ever been a big announcement about CityWalk?!?! I think the last one was "We're building this thing called CityWalk".

Blue Man Group.

Does nobody else feel like the 'biggest announcement' tagline is some kind of hint toward a PolerCoaster announcement? Maybe I'm just reading into things a little too much, but are a bunch of new restaurants really worth a media event?

Ok I looked in the mirror Debbie and the 300+ photo updates, inside info, ride reviews, stash, and countless other threads speak for themselves. So keep keeping it real with those amazing posts.

My prediction: Universal will announce the new shops at Citywalk, the Cabana Bay hotel, and Diagon Alley. Then, in a surprise "one more thing..." (As Steve Jobs was famous for) announcement, Universal will reveal that there is a 2nd hotel opening in 2014 in the Leaky Caldron at Diagon Alley!
But you won't be able to book a room there. When you register for your stay at Cabana Bay, you can simultaneously request to participate in the Leaky Caldron lottery. Each night, 10 Cabana Bay guests are chosen for one night stays at the Leaky Caldron at no extra charge! In addition, there is an 11th room that is permanently reserved for the "Make-a-wish" foundation, part of Universal "giving back" to the community.
Finally they will announce that Cabana Bay reservation lines are now open. Within days, the hotel's 1800 rooms are sold out for the next two years...

Ok I looked in the mirror Debbie and the 300+ photo updates, inside info, ride reviews, stash, and countless other threads speak for themselves. So keep keeping it real with those amazing posts.

Bazinga! :lol:

In other news...Im awake and headed to the parks. These early morning deals are just not my thing. I will try and get a few pictures...once again no camera except my phone. So bear with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.