Disney+ | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
BRING.

BACK.

CHARLIE.

CONWAY.
Joshua Jackson has actually carved out a solid career that has gotten him some higher profile, more adult roles in recent years. Not sure he’d want to go back to Mighty Ducks, although he’s obviously the best choice.

Joshua Jackson has actually carved out a solid career that has gotten him some higher profile, more adult roles in recent years. Not sure he’d want to go back to Mighty Ducks, although he’s obviously the best choice.
I would also accept Adams Banks or Fulton Reed (Elden Hensen), purely from a narrative perspective of how they progressed from the original trilogy.

But if they're doing that on movies that weren't shot on a larger format, all they're really doing is cropping the image from its intended aspect ratio.

If there's genuinely more of the frame to see, go for it. But otherwise, not a fan.

But if they're doing that on movies that weren't shot on a larger format, all they're really doing is cropping the image from its intended aspect ratio.

If there's genuinely more of the frame to see, go for it. But otherwise, not a fan.

Be a fan.

My impression is that there is no cropping involved. The aspect ratio will switch when the extra image is only in certain sequences, and there may be some open-matte type situations where technically it’s not the “original” aspect ratio but it’s not losing anything. Also that the ”unenhanced” versions will still be selectable.

Reactions: belloq87
Yeah, I'd assume they'll be changing only films that specifically have IMAX involved within the portions of when IMAX was shot, or with films entirely made with IMAX in mind for the whole thing. I doubt it'll affect everything, and will be as a means to expand the volume of the shots provided.

Reactions: belloq87
So, Disney+/IMAX launched today instead of Tomorrow, and off the bat, the amount of stuff you can see in a film like Endgame, especially within Act 1, is kind of fascinating. Some bits feel a tiny bit crunched, but others feel more expanded (the San Francisco memorial site for instance).

All in for MOON KNIGHT, SHE HULK, and X-MEN '97.

Can take or leave (mostly leave) the rest of that slate.

Also, Disney+ subscribers were given free "Disney+ Day" baseball caps upon entering Hollywood Studios this morning.

I'm honestly confused on the release strategy for the Marvel shows. They just have a lot of them announced and a seeming willingness to want to space things out. With Ms. Marvel having slipped all the way to Summer 2022, it makes me wonder and hope if we'll get Moon Knight and/or She Hulk before it.

X-Men '97 is super weird to me.

I'm older, so Dave Cockrum, John Bryne, Paul Smith, John Romita Jr., Chris Claremont*, is my X-Men and the cartoon was shortly after that. But, are there people wanting more of that? I hear it was great, but still. Also, the X-Men in Marvel Super Hero Island are these X-Men. Just weird.

But I'll watch!

*Yes I put him last. Don't make me fight you!

I'm older, so Dave Cockrum, John Bryne, Paul Smith, John Romita Jr., Chris Claremont*, is my X-Men and the cartoon was shortly after that. But, are there people wanting more of that? I hear it was great, but still. Also, the X-Men in Marvel Super Hero Island are these X-Men. Just weird.

But I'll watch!

The 90s cartoon was spectacular. This show, however, feels like obvious nostalgia grab that is probably an attempt at filling the “action-cartoon” void that exists with no Young Justice/Korra on the air.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm honestly confused on the release strategy for the Marvel shows. They just have a lot of them announced and a seeming willingness to want to space things out. With Ms. Marvel having slipped all the way to Summer 2022, it makes me wonder and hope if we'll get Moon Knight and/or She Hulk before it.
It would make sense if they had something to fill in early next year...Dr Strange moved to May as well so really after Haweye we have nothing for a while (Spiderman comes out during Haweye)

I'd guess Moon Knight has less effects so we'd get that...then Miss Marvel then She Hulk. While we didn't see anything I'm confused why Blade had his first Cameo but seems not to be coming out next year.

But I'll watch!

I mean it sounds great to me, I doubt it will be just like the OG show...more continuing it. Which my god if we get Avenegers Earth's Mightest Heroes or Spectacular Spiderman back I'll cry. Considering Young Justice seems to be doing well on HBO, hoping Disney is willing to bring back more shows.

I think Moon Knight or She-Hulk are possible before Ms. Marvel. Both are origin stories and aren't directly connected to anything in the MCU yet (although they will cross to other things). They've also said that She-Hulk and Moon Knight will likely get multiple seasons as it's not a mini-series like a show like WandaVision, FatWS, Hawkeye, or Ms. Marvel.

Also, remember the reason Ms. Marvel is being delayed is because it directly ties into The Marvels, which got pushed back to a November 2022 release. If there's no reason to release it until the Summer and they have other shows they can release first, then they can keep it on the shelf for a better tie-in. Like WandaVision was meant to be.

Reactions: HalfGlass
Has anyone watched Shang-Chi or Black Panther in IMAX Enhanced? I know there was some sketchy CGI in these films, but man I feel like the expanded aspect ratio makes you realize how fake some of these backdrops and settings are. In the theater, in lower light, it’s fine. But on a 4K tv at home? Yikes…

Has anyone watched Shang-Chi or Black Panther in IMAX Enhanced? I know there was some sketchy CGI in these films, but man I feel like the expanded aspect ratio makes you realize how fake some of these backdrops and settings are. In the theater, in lower light, it’s fine. But on a 4K tv at home? Yikes…
Just watched Shang-Chi for the first time over the weekend while on a Disney cruise so I saw it in a theater before i'll see it on Disney+. TBH, I didn't notice bad CGI for the most part, but i'll see how it looks in IMAX Enhanced. Granted, I don't watch movies with lights on at home and have a pretty good surround sound so my set-up is pretty decent, but being on a 4K TV instead of a theater always makes a difference no matter how good your home set up is.