Disney+ | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last edited:
Reactions: n i c k
Josh Duhamel replacing Emilio Estevez as the male lead of the franchise after he refused vaccine mandates for filming:

So apparently (rather unsurprising) the new Ice Age movie is terrible. But that's not why i'm posting. Disney inked a deal in Indonesia with the WWE Network to put their content on Disney+ over there, and Deadline seems to think there's reason to believe this could only be the beginning of Disney+ and WWE Network working together. And obviously this would only be overseas since WWE Network just signed with Peacock here in US.

Similar to the Peacock arrangement, all WWE live events will be available on Disney+ Hotstar as part of a standard subscription, at no additional cost. Programming will stream in Indonesia’s local language, Bahasa Indonesia, as well as in English.

The pact is the first streaming agreement reached directly between Disney and the WWE, but the companies are understood to have held preliminary discussions for other territories. Disney is looking to add as many subscription drivers as it can on the way to its goal of 300 million to 350 million total streaming subscribers by the end of 2024.

The WWE had a prior relationship with Fox in Latin America, centered on operations that have been under the Disney umbrella since the company acquired most of 21st Century Fox in 2019. Peter Rice, formerly a top Fox exec who struck a number of deals with the WWE, is now chairman of general entertainment content at Disney. Some WWE programming, including WrestleMania, has aired on ESPN. Hulu, which has been controlled by Disney since 2019, also has streamed the WWE’s weekly Raw and SmackDown showcases after their linear premieres. Those re-air rights are due to expire later this year.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I hate these kinda deals....Apps should have the same content on them no matter what country you are in. Why am I paying the same as someone else just to get less shows or movies

I know you can VPN them if you really want them but its just dumb to me and this is what leads to Pirating shows

I hate these kinda deals....Apps should have the same content on them no matter what country you are in. Why am I paying the same as someone else just to get less shows or movies

I know you can VPN them if you really want them but its just dumb to me and this is what leads to Pirating shows
EVERY country except for the United States is getting waaaaaayyyy more content than us for almost a year now. I just noticed (through VPN browsing) that Canada has almost all seasons of The Amazing Race on their version of Disney+. I was wondering how they even had any connection to TAR, but I forgot they inherited 50% of Endemol Shine Group from Fox. Of course they sold that 50% off in June 2020 to a French company called Banijay, so i'm still confused how the rights work. But of course Disney no longer owns Miramax and yet still gets a say on Halloween apparently, so I give up.

You don't need to watch this whole video, but just a few minutes of watching it will make you completely angry at Disney's strategy in the US. Their price did go up, but if converted in the UK, they only pay $10.71/month and everything here comes with standard subscription.

They basically get everything not only that we see on Disney+, but they get way more Fox, Searchlight, FX, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Hulu, 20th Television, ABC Signature, and 20th Television Animation shows (which is all the Adult Animated shows). There's so much more bingeable content on there since everything is in one place.

Here's an article on it:

Last edited:
So what is a fairly empty February from original content is turning out to be a blessing for more Adult-oriented content (and things for the whole family) on Disney+.

The following will be coming to US Disney+ next week (in addition to the ESPN 30 for 30’s they’ve been adding)
  • The Searchlight documentary Summer of Soul is coming to the Tuesday.
  • Season finale of The Book of Boba Fett
  • Black-ish (Season 1-7, Season 8 episodes 1-4)
  • Grown-ish (Season 1-3, Season 4 episodes 1-9)
  • The Wonder Years (Season 1, episodes 1-12)
  • Snowdrop (Season 1)
This is very promising for going forward and hopefully them adding more binge content such as Modern Family, Malcom in the Middle, How I Met Your Mother, Last Man Standing, etc, etc.

With Comcast only staying on at Hulu until 2024 at the latest and rumors of them wanting out sooner, I can 100% see Disney+ in the US adding the Star brand and making Hulu a defunct brand once that partnership with Comcast is all over with.

Here’s confirmation from Disney+ on what I posted above. You can tell they were really scrambling to find content to fill an otherwise empty month and just decided to up their “Celebrate Black Stories” section during Black History Month. Putting out the “what’s coming” video at 8:40 PM four days into the month is very abnormal for D+. Normally it’s at 8am on the first day of the month.

EDIT: Disney+ doing a Goosebumps series?!?

Last edited:

I would be much more interested if this was going to be an anthology series re-adapting the books for the 2020s, but per the write-up in Variety, this is the story:

"The series follows a group of five high schoolers who unleash supernatural forces upon their town and must all work together – thanks to and in spite of their friendships, rivalries, and pasts with each other – in order to save it, learning much about their own parents’ teenage secrets in the process."

Pretty standard, but the fact that it's Disney probably means a lot of the gross-out touches and black humor from the books will be sanded down. If the Sony movies bypassed most of that stuff, a Disney+ series almost certainly will. Would like to be proven wrong, though, as I have a ton of nostalgia for the books.

Reactions: Nick
I would be much more interested if this was going to be an anthology series re-adapting the books for the 2020s, but per the write-up in Variety, this is the story:

"The series follows a group of five high schoolers who unleash supernatural forces upon their town and must all work together – thanks to and in spite of their friendships, rivalries, and pasts with each other – in order to save it, learning much about their own parents’ teenage secrets in the process."

Pretty standard, but the fact that it's Disney probably means a lot of the gross-out touches and black humor from the books will be sanded down. If the Sony movies bypassed most of that stuff, a Disney+ series almost certainly will. Would like to be proven wrong, though, as I have a ton of nostalgia for the books.
I'm sort of not surprised at this announcement due to the fact that Disney+ just adapted a different book series Just Beyond into a Comedy-Horror anthology series. I''m not gonna lie and act like I watched every episode, but some of it felt like a Disney Channel show and some felt like true jump scare horror.

Stine/Boom! Studios must've been happy enough with their relationship to continue with Disney+ for Goosebumps.

Reactions: belloq87
Here’s confirmation from Disney+ on what I posted above. You can tell they were really scrambling to find content to fill an otherwise empty month and just decided to up their “Celebrate Black Stories” section during Black History Month. Putting out the “what’s coming” video at 8:40 PM four days into the month is very abnormal for D+. Normally it’s at 8am on the first day of the month.

I just dont get why Proud Family isn't out the Week after Boba....I know its not a "huge" show but its something and I know it would move it up only a week but...it would be something for that week thats new. I feel like that show will be the most talked about show until Moon Knight...which is almost 2 months away..lol

The next in the line of unnecessary Fox reboots from Disney. I expect this to go about as well Home Sweet Home Alone, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild.

(Oh, and for @belloq87, Sony IS producing the Goosebumps show. Disney+ is just footing the bill/distributing it).

Reactions: belloq87
"rumors" are saying Obi Wan will be out in May....I would love that but feel like We will get Bad Batch before Obi Wan but would loveeee to be wrong

"rumors" are saying Obi Wan will be out in May....I would love that but feel like We will get Bad Batch before Obi Wan but would loveeee to be wrong
Moon Knight will run from March 30th to May 4th. i can totally see the Moon Knight Finale coinciding with The Bad Batch premiere, especially given the May 4th date and them holding off Obi-Wan until June or Something. But you also have to remember, there's a lot of Star Wars to come out this year between Bad Batch S2, Obi-Wan, Andor, and Mandalorian S3.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Moon Knight will run from March 30th to May 4th. i can totally see the Moon Knight Finale coinciding with The Bad Batch premiere, especially given the May 4th date and them holding off Obi-Wan until June or Something. But you also have to remember, there's a lot of Star Wars to come out this year between Bad Batch S2, Obi-Wan, Andor, and Mandalorian S3.
Mando season 3 is this year? They are spoiling us on SW content...though WHERE ARE THE MOVIES? lol

Mando season 3 is this year? They are spoiling us on SW content...though WHERE ARE THE MOVIES? lol
It's supposed to be this fall.

Honestly, i'm in no rush to see more films as the Disney+ stuff has been of much higher quality than Disney SW films. Supposedly Favs & Filoni are going to be sent to work on the upcoming Rogue Squadron film from a lore standpoint. I believe that film is going to be coming out in 2024, especially now that it's prioritized by Patty Jenkins after she finishes WW3.

Last edited:
Disney stated that Welcome To Earth was NatGeo's most-watched original series, which isn't surprising considering Will Smith was attached. They are going for a round 2 on a new journey, this time following Will Smith's journey from the South to North Pole.

EDIT:
So I watched the first episode of Snowdrop and would’ve kept going, but it’s very tiring to have to read subtitles for an entire show, especially one that has so much dialogue. I really wish they would add dubbing in other languages (even if it doesn’t look great) simply so I don’t have to worry about the captions. @quinnmac000

Last edited:
I posted about this in the Netflix thread earlier but here's an article from a more credible website talking about the Marvel/Netflix shows leaving Netflix globally for Disney. ABC Signature produced them, so I assume they were able to take them back pretty easily.

I'm assuming the six shows will be going to Disney+ around most of the world, but i'd bet highly on them going to Hulu in the US.