Disney+ | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean my question is why is there a Santa clause show when your losing money from Apps/tv

unless your show is extremely popular I just don’t see why your using money on it

I get why mandalorian and bay batch are shows they get views but some of these Disney channel type original shows? That’s got to part of the reason they are losing so much money from Disney plus
The Santa Clauses is the most popular non-Marvel/non-Star Wars scripted show Disney+ has put put to date.

If it wasn't for The Mandalorian, this would be my most anticipated thing on Disney+ for the year so far. Disney+ has been lacking this year big time these first two months.

This looks like it has promise:

Reactions: belloq87
I would like to throw out moon girl and devil Dino as a very good show

it’s like spider verse and miss marvel combined in the best kinda ways

Reactions: MrRoamer
The trailer made is look good but we will wait and see if it’s another bad live action film or something Bette

I don't know why they are still trying with Pan movies...nothing can top the 2004 Peter Pan which is best modern straight adaptation of the material.
I don’t understand why they aren’t sending this movie to theaters… at least for 17 days like Universal does with some movies.

They’ve already made it clear D+ is a huge money loser and most of their originals are shared now anyway with linear television, so why not make some money off this film? It’s not like Disney has anything coming out in April. Release it over the Easter period and then D+ a few weeks later.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I don’t understand why they aren’t sending this movie to theaters… at least for 17 days like Universal does with some movies.

They’ve already made it clear D+ is a huge money loser and most of their originals are shared now anyway with linear television, so why not make some money off this film? It’s not like Disney has anything coming out in April. Release it over the Easter period and then D+ a few weeks later.
Agreed but I don't understand why Mando also isn't in theaters for the first Episode

I mean the Demon Slayer film is out this weekend and its a mix of three new episodes with 2 episodes from last season.

I mean I think the crowd would have loved a event where you watch the season 2 finale and episode 1 of Mando, plus have a like 5-10 min interview at the end. No clue why the just leave money on the table

Agreed but I don't understand why Mando also isn't in theaters for the first Episode

I mean the Demon Slayer film is out this weekend and its a mix of three new episodes with 2 episodes from last season.

I mean I think the crowd would have loved a event where you watch the season 2 finale and episode 1 of Mando, plus have a like 5-10 min interview at the end. No clue why the just leave money on the table
Mando is something i'll give them a pass on since it's basically the #1 reason a decent amount of people subscribe to Disney+ right now next to MCU shows. Also, it probably becomes a contractual problem at that point that Disney probably doesn't want to deal with since they'd probably have to pay Pedro Pascal and the whole cast more since it technically went into theaters.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Mando is something i'll give them a pass on since it's basically the #1 reason a decent amount of people subscribe to Disney+ right now next to MCU shows. Also, it probably becomes a contractual problem at that point that Disney probably doesn't want to deal with since they'd probably have to pay Pedro Pascal and the whole cast more since it technically went into theaters.
But the first episode? or finale?

Its just easy money, I'm not saying all episodes but having premiere or finals to me would be just some easy cash. Its to offset the costs and heck I think Moongirl would have also been a big win in theaters and got WAY more eyes on it.

I have zero faith this will actually be good.

NGL I laughed way too hard at this, mostly because it's edited like a Marvel trailer

The Marvelization of everything is funny to watch

But also kind of frightening to think about if you're a media empire

Luckily I'm not

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I saw online that most other countries outside the US got an anime section......just....god why. I dislike so much the app here in the states

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I saw online that most other countries outside the US got an anime section......just....god why. I dislike so much the app here in the states
Oh yeah. I've mentioned this quite a few times. When the new season of Bleach came out, it aired on Disney+ internationally while it was hidden on Hulu in the US. It's fairly worth it to skip out on a Hulu subscription and get a VPN instead (surfshark and nordvpn work on fire stick). The US by far has the worst catalog of any Disney+ in the world. Everywhere else, especially Europe, is pretty much Disney+, Hulu, FX, most of 20th century libraries, searchlight, and tons of R-rated and TV-MA titles.

It's been like this for 2 years. Here's a video of what Disney+ looks like in the UK and most other parts of the world.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Oh yeah. I've mentioned this quite a few times. When the new season of Bleach came out, it aired on Disney+ internationally while it was hidden on Hulu in the US. It's fairly worth it to skip out on a Hulu subscription and get a VPN instead (surfshark and nordvpn work on fire stick). The US by far has the worst catalog of any Disney+ in the world. Everywhere else, especially Europe, is pretty much Disney+, Hulu, FX, most of 20th century libraries, searchlight, and tons of R-rated and TV-MA titles.

It's been like this for 2 years. Here's a video of what Disney+ looks like in the UK and most other parts of the world.

I appreciate it but I want it on the app because I watch most my apps on the PS5 with my GF and not sure how easy that is of a set up for that

I have zero faith this will actually be good.

For me there's a smidge of curiosity considering David Lowery is at the helm, especially since he did the Pete's Dragon remake which actually went in different enough directions to not be a direct remake like many others. And with it being a rather nice film on top of that, it's still one of the better Disney remakes for me.

Also....

And oddly enough the Peter Pan movie looks like one that should be in theaters based on the two trailers.

...after seeing the Haunted Mansion trailer, I feel more optimistic for PP&W as it feels like it knows what direction it's going in.

Reactions: Nick
For me there's a smidge of curiosity considering David Lowery is at the helm, especially since he did the Pete's Dragon remake which actually went in different enough directions to not be a direct remake like many others. And with it being a rather nice film on top of that, it's still one of the better Disney remakes for me.
I had said I had no faith in it when I just saw that poster. Disney live action remakes are very hit or miss and they've been missing a lot since 2019 The Lion King. Cruella was fine, Maleficent 2 was terrible, Lady and the Tramp was a movie, Pinocchio I didn't bother to watch due to bad word of mouth, etc. Add Enchanted 2 to this list if you want even though it's not a remake.

Once I actually saw the trailer though, I actually gained a lot of hope for PP&W. Granted, the Pinocchio trailer was also really good. This year has the possibilty of being a good year for the remakes with PP&W and then The Little Mermaid only a month apart. I really don't get why they aren't throwing PP&W in theaters for a few weeks. It'd do pretty well for an April movie.

Reactions: Tobias
So this is coming out ahead of Miley Cyrus' new album and Disney+ will have it in a taped backyards session before anyone gets to listen to it on Spotify or anything. Interestingly, they are choosing to release this at 1pm so people have enough time to watch it before the album comes out.

What annoys me about that is, if they are willing to do timed drops for content that will be a hit with a certain group of people, why not make The Mandalorian more of an event show and release it at 9pm EST like HBO does with their marquee shows like TLOU, HOTD, Succession, etc? There's just no reason The MCU and Marvel shows should be coming out at 3am on east coast and midnight on west coast.