Disney+ | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought The Muppets Mayhem was the best Muppets television Disney ever made (low standard). I liked it but didn't love it.
First of all these characters have got a bit more depth that was lacking in the original show, great. Extra win is Disney can't ruin the well known characters like they did in the past.
Weakest link is the story of the female lead who lies, was incompetent multiple times and without any of her doings it ended in a happy ending. She failed to learn from every mistake she made. That is a bad from the writers (not the actress).
The over acting of the human characters was painful to watch and didn't fit the concept of the Muppets. When they toned it down the show improved a lot, I blame the director.
Cameo's are fine but this was 50% too much imho. Cameo's are a Muppets thing but this is trying too hard and sometimes distracted from what was going on.
I wonder for who this was made, music is old style (love it) but wouldn't connect much with most kids, same goes for the cameo's.
Best episode, the first one. Worst episode, the Social Media one.
I don't know-- Muppet Haunted Mansion was easily the best recent Muppet television project and the best Haunted Mansion project Disney has done.

I don't know-- Muppet Haunted Mansion was easily the best recent Muppet television project and the best Haunted Mansion project Disney has done.
Fair but its one 50ish minute special vs a TV show

I wish they would get the people who made the 2011 Muppet film and have them try out more movies, shows and specials. They knew how to make the Muppets work

I also am like the only person who liked the TV show a few years back where they talk to the Camera, not saying it's great but I've seen much worst shows get way more seasons.

Disney in General I dont understand why they have the Muppets besides the fault that they bought them but seem to not have any interest in putting them in the parks or much more

Honestly? Muppet Haunted Mansion was just okay. Songs weren't great, Kermit sounds like a bad impressionist, it all looks like it was shot in Pandemic-vision with how cheap and boring every shot looks. There are some cute references to the ride, sure, but it's not something I'll return to again.

Reactions: tielo
Honestly? Muppet Haunted Mansion was just okay. Songs weren't great, Kermit sounds like a bad impressionist, it all looks like it was shot in Pandemic-vision with how cheap and boring every shot looks. There are some cute references to the ride, sure, but it's not something I'll return to again.
I think the first half is great but the bride stuff....I found very very just weird and not funny

Reactions: Grabnar
Definitely a one and done but it's short enough to be worth watching I think. I enjoyed it well enough

Definitely a one and done but it's short enough to be worth watching I think. I enjoyed it well enough
It is a Holiday special though so even having not seen it wouldn’t some people be more inclined to watch it once per year perhaps? Or is it not even that good?

That will be huge

Also Disney needs an avatar show like yesterday
It will draw in I’m sure good viewership

All 4 Indy Movies and the TV show The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles are being added to Disney Plus May 31st
Huge news as it would’ve been a big miss to not have them on the service for fans to watch before Indy 5. TBH, Disney should really just buyout the distribution rights of these films from Paramount altogether.

Disney should really just buyout the distribution rights of these films from Paramount altogether.
Disney owns plenty as it is. They've got thousands of films in the Fox library that they're doing nothing with (streaming or physical media).

The Indy films are jewels of the Paramount catalog. Let Disney borrow them once in a while, but I wouldn't relinquish all control over them.

Disney owns plenty as it is. They've got thousands of films in the Fox library that they're doing nothing with (streaming or physical media).

The Indy films are jewels of the Paramount catalog. Let Disney borrow them once in a while, but I wouldn't relinquish all control over them.
I'm just speaking from the Disney POV. I don't care one way or the other, but you'd think that Disney would want the IP that they own to be all in one place all the time is more my point.

As far as Fox films, the asterisk need to go on that they are hard to find on streaming because a huge portion of the Fox library is streaming internationally on Disney+. Most of the the Fox library is either on HBO Max or on Starz (I think) currently due to pre-existing contracts that don't fully expire until the 2030's. However, they are still using the Fox IPs though. Literally anything that can be milked is currently being milked over at Fox.

Fox films will be much more prevalent on Disney+ once Hulu combines in though at the very least. The main issue I have is a lot of the old Fox classics (60's and prior) are currently vaulted for no reason with the exception of a select few.

Reactions: belloq87
...., but you'd think that Disney would want the IP that they own to be all in one place all the time is more my point.
That was the plan but what I understand from Iger is that they will start renting out their ip's to other streaming companies to generate much needed cash. Something Peacock is already doing. After a (I think) 3 month exclusivity on Peacock their movies can go to Netflix or whoever want to pay good money for it. It'll maximize profit.