Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

Finished the Mickey Mouse Doc, its good. My issue is with Disney making it you can't really be honest about all of Mickey, and kinda insane they say that Walt might not on his own made Mickey....then going on to say who cares.

I mean to me thats huge, if someone else helped Walt create the character they need more credit but...its Disney and they never give more credit then they legally have to now.

Finished the Mickey Mouse Doc, its good. My issue is with Disney making it you can't really be honest about all of Mickey, and kinda insane they say that Walt might not on his own made Mickey....then going on to say who cares.

I mean to me thats huge, if someone else helped Walt create the character they need more credit but...its Disney and they never give more credit then they legally have to now.
Yeah, I mean, it’s a commercial, but still enjoyable and if nothing, there’s a lot of stuff within this doc you can’t get unless Disney made the documentary.

Yeah, I mean, it’s a commercial, but still enjoyable and if nothing, there’s a lot of stuff within this doc you can’t get unless Disney made the documentary.
For now....I can't wait for the copyrights for Disney characters/movies to slowly go away so we can explore these things more deeply and freely

Though...with this film they really try to tie Walt to Mickey as one and the same...so maybe thats how they'll try in court to not let Mickey (even the first design of the character) become available for everyone

For now....I can't wait for the copyrights for Disney characters/movies to slowly go away so we can explore these things more deeply and freely

Though...with this film they really try to tie Walt to Mickey as one and the same...so maybe thats how they'll try in court to not let Mickey (even the first design of the character) become available for everyone
That’s not how it works. In 2024 I believe, Disney starts to lose the copyright to Mickey Mouse, but each different iteration of Mickey is a different character by law, so only Steamboat willie expires in 2024 and Disney’s Steamboat Willie stays exclusive to them.

Of course, if someone wants to make a horror movie with Steamboat Willie (like the Winnie The Pooh movie coming up), they can, but no matter what someone else comes up with, they can’t use Disneys version of the character as that’s its own unique character.

A part in this video made me realize something wrong with Phase 4. Only one entry in the entire Phase dealt with the aftermaths of Thanos’ Snap and Rebirth in a meaningful way: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Everything else just goes with a common comic book problem: Status Quo is God. Despite a HUGE event happening in the universe; writers just go back to basics, at times it seems like they just ignored the massive repercussions and consequences that transpired.

A part in this video made me realize something wrong with Phase 4. Only one entry in the entire Phase dealt with the aftermaths of Thanos’ Snap and Rebirth in a meaningful way: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Everything else just goes with a common comic book problem: Status Quo is God. Despite a HUGE event happening in the universe; writers just go back to basics, at times it seems like they just ignored the massive repercussions and consequences that transpired.

And no one wants to talk about the celestial emergence for some reason. You’d think it’d be all over the news…

New Stan Lee Documentary coming to Disney+ in 2023. Disney really does have a "Walt Disney" for a ton of their major brands they own. Walt/Mickey are used in conjunction with Disney proper, Stan Lee with Marvel, George Lucas with Star Wars/LucasFilm, and James Cameron for Avatar.

Watched

Beauty and the Beast 30th Show - it was good, uses the animated film in between the new cast singing.

Strange World - has a good message but feel like the film just doesn't do anything interesting enough to draw people into this film/characters so most wont want to make it to the end and good message.

idina menzel: Which way to stage - is interesting to see idina menzel career in stage and some more of her personal stories.

Strange World - has a good message but feel like the film just doesn't do anything interesting enough to draw people into this film/characters so most wont want to make it to the end and good message.

Hated it. Truly awful and does zero good for how people view gay characters, other than make them feel crowbarred into things for no reason other than to tick a Diversity box. The whole Movie was Diversity bingo of the worst kind.

I want representation which feels real and unforced. Not on Disney+ but I recommend Heartstopper on Netflix to anyone, fantastic Gay comedy/drama which is actually representative and very well acted.

Last edited:
Hated it. Truly awful and does zero good for how people view gay characters, other than make them feel crowbarred into things for no reason other than to tick a Diversity box. The whole Movie was Diversity bingo of the worst kind.

I want representation which feels real and unforced. Not on Disney+ but I recommend Heartstopper on Netflix to anyone, fantastic Gay comedy/drama which is actually representative and very well acted.
Performative diversity is an embarrassment. Sad to hear this film falls in another category for Disney where they are unable to tell an organic story that isn’t from an average white person’s viewpoint. I hope they can change but sometimes I fear they can’t.

Also second Heartstopper. It handles gay dating very maturely.

Re: HBO/20th Century output deal that just ended.

Yes, it is technically over after Empire of Light and Avatar: The Way of Water head on over. However, this is only the beginning of ending the deal. The good news for Disney is that they now have full control of their 20th Century catalog from here on out for future releases 2023 and on. Those can go wherever Disney wants them to. But it will actually take until 2030-ish for this deal to fully expire.

Why so long? HBO still has 20th Century's Pay 1 for 2021-2022 movies and the Pay 2 window for about 7 years worth of movies left on the contract. So TWOW will run on HBO/Disney+ for 18 months, be exclusive to D+, then, around 2030, the Pay 2 window is going to come up for 2022 movies and every single movie will have to run for another 12-18 months unless Disney buys out the Pay 2 portion of the contract to just end this. They are currently cycling through the 2013-2014 catalog and will soon flip over to 2014-2015.

Every once in awhile Disney+ comes in with these musical documentary's or concerts with artists and they've really yet to miss. This one looks like it should have a ton of promise as well. "If These Walls Could Talk" is specifically great.

I really enjoyed Elliot Johns farewell concert as well

this looks interesting never knew Lettermen could play music

I really enjoyed Elliot Johns farewell concert as well

this looks interesting never knew Lettermen could play music
There's an Elton John Documentary coming as well.

Also, I don't get the vibe Letterman is picking up a guitar here. If it were Conan, then yes, almost definitely. But this looks like an episode of the Letterman Netflix series sort of.

I think Disney might have to reconsider a Season 2 of The Santa Clauses (unless they find a way to do it without Tim Allen, although I believe he's an EP on the show)...

I mean my question is why is there a Santa clause show when your losing money from Apps/tv

unless your show is extremely popular I just don’t see why your using money on it

I get why mandalorian and bay batch are shows they get views but some of these Disney channel type original shows? That’s got to part of the reason they are losing so much money from Disney plus