Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Anyone pushing for that deal does not understand how catastrophically terrible it would be for every facet of the creative industry. Universal getting to more easily play with some of WB’s toys is absolutely not worth that Devil’s bargain.
The entertainment industry is going through a massive shift due to streaming. Companies merging is common. They need to combine to survive. Studios like Paramount and smaller players like Lionsgate will eventually get swallowed up as well.

Disney is taking advantage of them by realizing they can not invest in the park right now knowing they will come anyways

The entertainment industry is going through a massive shift due to streaming. Companies merging is common. They need to combine to survive. Studios like Paramount and smaller players like Lionsgate will eventually get swallowed up as well.
this juxtaposition makes me think of this very funny tweet
Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 6.55.50 PM.png

this juxtaposition makes me think of this very funny tweet
View attachment 18640
Whoops. Didn't realize I contradicted myself. I was just venting my frustration with Disney and it's inability to break ground swiftly on an E ticket for arguably their biggest (and most popular) franchise money wise. I mean it's the MCU! You would think they would have the motivation to break ground on this E ticket ASAP. As for movie studios merging, many industry insiders and observers and predicting these mergers based on a variety of factors. Whether or not they come true is another matter.

I work in the entertainment industry. Please understand that what you’re saying is a radical oversimplification of what is happening - one that isn’t really wholly accurate anymore. Regardless, my prior point stands. No one should want any more media conglomerate mergers.

Anyway: Disneyland. No Avengers ride yet because the whole MCU is probably in flux and they need a direction / shooting dates for the Avengers movies before they can commit to moving forward on the attraction’s development.

Anyway: Disneyland. No Avengers ride yet because the whole MCU is probably in flux and they need a direction / shooting dates for the Avengers movies before they can commit to moving forward on the attraction’s development.
And on top of the instability of the MCU, they have Avatar which has proven extraordinarily popular once again and has at least three more movies in the works. If i'm Disney, I look at the situation and think "should we really be prioritizing a third Marvel ride based on the multiverse in Disneyland when Avatar doesn't even have a presence and the multiverse saga is a mess?".

Based on Iger and D'amaro's public statements on Avatar and their lack of saying much of anything when it comes to the Avengers ride, that may very well be their thinking.

And on top of the instability of the MCU, they have Avatar which has proven extraordinarily popular once again and has at least three more movies in the works. If i'm Disney, I look at the situation and think "should we really be prioritizing a third Marvel ride based on the multiverse in Disneyland when Avatar doesn't even have a presence and the multiverse saga is a mess?".

Based on Iger and D'amaro's public statements on Avatar and their lack of saying much of anything when it comes to the Avengers ride, that may very well be their thinking.
While I’m not opposed to Avatar coming to DLR, as long as it isn’t at the expense of something we enjoy, DCA does not need another simulator ride. I know the Multiverse ride doesn’t sound much better on that front, but at least there’s some potential for a ride with some practical effects and a track.

I was reading the comment section of Fresh Baked Disney's video on the Avengers HQ getting a gift shop. On of the comments claims that after being evacuated off of RSR at the beginning of the year he was talking to an operations manager for said ride. The operation manager claims (take this with a massive grain of salt) word on the street at DCA is that Disney will put the shoulder to the wheel and break ground on the Avengers E ticket late 2023-early 2024 for a opening date of 2025. Unless they pull what USF did with a year build for their version of Transformers, I think that part is incorrect. If we are lucky this E ticket will probably open in the 2026-2028 timeframe. The operation manager also claims that the new rumor is they have shifted to a roller coaster like Cosmic Rewind. Considering how Iger has axed many of Chapek's pet projects there could be some truth to that at least.

I was reading the comment section of Fresh Baked Disney's video on the Avengers HQ getting a gift shop. On of the comments claims that after being evacuated off of RSR at the beginning of the year he was talking to an operations manager for said ride. The operation manager claims (take this with a massive grain of salt) word on the street at DCA is that Disney will put the shoulder to the wheel and break ground on the Avengers E ticket late 2023-early 2024 for a opening date of 2025. Unless they pull what USF did with a year build for their version of Transformers, I think that part is incorrect. If we are lucky this E ticket will probably open in the 2026-2028 timeframe. The operation manager also claims that the new rumor is they have shifted to a roller coaster like Cosmic Rewind. Considering how Iger has axed many of Chapek's pet projects there could be some truth to that at least.
I really hope this is true. A variation of Cosmic Rewind is the most ideal ride for DCA.

Rumors are Paint the Night is coming to DCA this summer
(Electrical Parade for MK at WDW)

Fingers crossed this is correct, because that would mean 2 nighttime shows plus Rogers for DCA and Disneyland having 2 nighttime shows and the day time parade.

I’m very lucky I’m going back in july

This is a late summer start, normally summer time shows start before the last week of June

screenshot_20230410_103052_facebook-jpg.752380

Disneyland Magic Keys are back on sale tomorrow.

I know people hate to give Disney wins, but I just had a very good day at Disneyland and thought I'd share:
Basically every ride has been fixed up substantially. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Indy, all running fantastic. They even fixed the BB8 in RotR that's been broken for probably half a year at this point. Clearly, spending at the park has gone up and I'm just really really happy to see these rides how they should be. Rise obviously has some work left, but with the fantastic addition of MMRR and all of new ToonTown, Indy updates, Cars getting fixed up pretty good in the last refurb, idk it just made the park that much nicer to be at. Did everything I wanted to do and then someone despite it being peak season and me leaving 6 hours before park close.

The main thing I really hope Disney gets better at is uptime. EVERY ride went down today. Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Pirates the same time, RotR ofc, MMRR, Indy several times, Alice, RSR, Monorail, Web Slingers were just the ones I saw, I'm sure there were more. It was rough

As for Rogers: The Musical... from what I've heard it really is temporary and they already have something planned out for next. Supposedly it's good too. I'm not a fan of Rogers only being Tuesday-Saturday tho

I wonder how temporary exactly Rogers: The Musical is? Just for the summer, through the end of the year, longer? I sort of wonder since i'm headed to Disneyland tomorrow and obviously will miss it but am going back in October. I'm not expecting something spectacular here, but something playing in that theater is always better than nothing and this will now be two straight trips for me with there being no show in that theater.