Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

I’m going to say something that may not be popular...I’m not a fan of Joe Rohde. I dont think he is as good as he (and others) think he is. I don’t think Animal Kingdom is as good as it has the potential to be and I think a large part of that is Rohde standing in the way. I really think AK would benefit greatly from someone else having the keys to the kingdom so to speak and bringing in a new vision for the park.
The general consensus behind his back at WDI is he is great at environments and facades.

Attractions? Not so much.

The general consensus behind his back at WDI is he is great at environments and facades.

Attractions? Not so much.
Aren’t his three big attractions Everest, Flight of Passage, and Guardians?

I don’t personally care for Guardians, but it seems like they all get rave reviews from just about everybody.

Aren’t his three big attractions Everest, Flight of Passage, and Guardians?

I don’t personally care for Guardians, but it seems like they all get rave reviews from just about everybody.
Guardians wasn't his. He got attached effectively as a "goodwill Ambassador" for the project. Swap out Guardians for NRJ, and for some reason I thought he worked on og Rio del Tiempo too.

Kali and Kilimanjaro might also be his, but not sure.

Guardians wasn't his. He got attached effectively as a "goodwill Ambassador" for the project. Swap out Guardians for NRJ, and for some reason I thought he worked on og Rio del Tiempo too.

Kali and Kilimanjaro might also be his, but not sure.
I believe one of his first jobs with the company was designing and building that pyramid inside the Mexico pavilion.

And I always thought he at very least oversaw all of Animal Kingdom’s attraction development since inception.

How about the Mermaid show still being alive, just on hiatus...... :grin:after the fan community performed last rites.
I mean, there was potential reason to believe it was done with. Also, we've seen this with attractions many times before where there are cosmetic changes made before a closure so new signage literally means nothing, tbh.

I mean, there was potential reason to believe it was done with. Also, we've seen this with attractions many times before where there are cosmetic changes made before a closure so new signage literally means nothing, tbh.

Apparently, Arial saw "Finding Nemo" and decided to just keep on swimming, keep on swimming...

It has been down for 4+ days and hasn’t operated in 2021. Hopefully nothing serious but maybe this will push the refurb schedule up. I know money is tight, I mean in the near future when budgets allow.

Seems slightly promising. I can't imagine Disney would be spending the money on maintenance if they didn't have plans to put the venues back into use soon(ish).
I know money is tight...but Fantasmic has needed an update for a looong while

And new projectors wasn't it lol