Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dr. Doom Refurbishment

Two random thoughts I had:

1. While the drop towers may be rated for a certain life span, it's possible that operational efficiencies/longer days compared to other theme parks might decrease the lifespan of the towers at a faster rate.

2. It would be cool if Doom got the Phantasialand Mystery Castle treatment, but there'd be no way to theme the building without making everything in the vicinity look comically small.

Two random thoughts I had:

1. While the drop towers may be rated for a certain life span, it's possible that operational efficiencies/longer days compared to other theme parks might decrease the lifespan of the towers at a faster rate.

Almost like... another MSHI attraction.

giphy.webp

A thought occurs; and if S&S is simply redoing the towers I am content, however; I would like to speak of something else.

What if S&S Sansei is offering Universal and Comcast to have the prototypes of the Spin-Shots, be part of Doctor Doom? They could make the parts and equipment for it in Utah, and then send the Spin-Shots over from Utah over to Orlando, for a potential test run, similar to what Fun Spot did with the GCI Titan Track on White Lightning.

Ride never goes down, one tower is replaced as the other remains operational?
Knowing how poopy that ride’s throughput is with two towers running, I’d reeeeeally hope they wouldn’t try to do that to themselves, and would instead just take the whole ride down.

I could see them using the rotation without fully inverting guests, launching guests on their backs or stomachs before flipping them upright for the descent. I don’t know if that would be worth the investment for them, though.