Dr. Doom Refurbishment | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Dr. Doom Refurbishment

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only thing about this ride that was worth it was the view.... if you take that away, and this means no disrespect, but this is a Six Flags/Busch Gardens ride. Hope it doesn’t happen.
Keep the top off. Give each rider a parachute. Then shoot them into the air. Great view and some fun, except if the parachute doesn't open :jawdrop: . Beat that Six Flags1 :eek:O: :lol:

The only thing about this ride that was worth it was the view.... if you take that away, and this means no disrespect, but this is a Six Flags/Busch Gardens ride. Hope it doesn’t happen.
Hate to tell you, but it was always a Six Flags ride. Adding the spinning seats wouldn’t change that.

Because what I love to see on a ride, is a parking lot backstage and I-4.

The only thing about this ride that was worth it was the view.... if you take that away, and this means no disrespect, but this is a Six Flags/Busch Gardens ride.

I say this as someone who does enjoy FearFall, the only views that are fine are the one's that are facing inside the park. Outside, not so much. I've gotten much better views from Valleyfair's and Cedar Point's Power Towers.

Also, this ride absolutely IS a "Six Flags" ride. (I wouldn't call this a Busch Gardens ride since they don't have a S&S tower, Tampa has a Intamin drop tower which packs a far bigger punch, and BGW has...a mistake.) A nice queue doesn't change what FearFall is, it's still the same ride as any Space Shot tower you'd find at many smaller parks. Now if they added the rotation, all of a sudden it's doing something no other S&S tower is doing so far, so there's that.

I say this as someone who does enjoy FearFall, the only views that are fine are the one's that are facing inside the park. Outside, not so much. I've gotten much better views from Valleyfair's and Cedar Point's Power Towers.

Also, this ride absolutely IS a "Six Flags" ride. (I wouldn't call this a Busch Gardens ride since they don't have a S&S tower, Tampa has a Intamin drop tower which packs a far bigger punch, and BGW has...a mistake.) A nice queue doesn't change what FearFall is, it's still the same ride as any Space Shot tower you'd find at many smaller parks. Now if they added the rotation, all of a sudden it's doing something no other S&S tower is doing so far, so there's that.

I agree with this full heartedly. There's also something that I don't think others have considered: the opportunity of different profiling for the specific towers. It's not going to be like the 4D freeflys, to where that relies completely on weight distribution; but rather seemingly, controlled spinning similar to that of Mack-Ride's and the Xtreme Spinning Coasters.

If this is the route they are going for, there are a lot of potential ways that they can make this experience shine further than previously.

Honestly, if they set the profile to lean back (so you’re face up) on the count down, then, after launch, spin you up so you’re facing out right at the top of the launch, but keep the spin going at the “zero-g” moment so you’re going head-first on the drop, you’ll create a sensation like it’s throwing you out.

Talk about setting fear extraction levels to maximum.

I agree with this full heartedly. There's also something that I don't think others have considered: the opportunity of different profiling for the specific towers. It's not going to be like the 4D freeflys, to where that relies completely on weight distribution; but rather seemingly, controlled spinning similar to that of Mack-Ride's and the Xtreme Spinning Coasters.

If this is the route they are going for, there are a lot of potential ways that they can make this experience shine further than previously.

Right? It's not a free spin where who knows what kind of ride it'll give, it's more of a controlled chaos which would allow them to create whatever frightening profile they wanted, such as...

Honestly, if they set the profile to lean back (so you’re face up) on the count down, then, after launch, spin you up so you’re facing out right at the top of the launch, but keep the spin going at the “zero-g” moment so you’re going head-first on the drop, you’ll create a sensation like it’s throwing you out.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking, any kind of profile which'll tip you forward at the top for a head-first drop would be appropriately scary for a lot of folks, myself included!

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Hate to tell you, but it was always a Six Flags ride. Adding the spinning seats wouldn’t change that.

Because what I love to see on a ride, is a parking lot backstage and I-4.
Tbh I didn’t know the majority already saw it this way, so I’m glad to hear that. It’s an upgrade, but it’s still the worst attraction at the resort imo. Even Fast and Furious is different enough I’d red it over this ride. I more so just feel this one sticks out; I don’t consider anything else in MSHI to be Six Flags ish really either.

Tbh I didn’t know the majority already saw it this way, so I’m glad to hear that. It’s an upgrade, but it’s still the worst attraction at the resort imo. Even Fast and Furious is different enough I’d red it over this ride. I more so just feel this one sticks out; I don’t consider anything else in MSHI to be Six Flags ish really either.
E N T E R (if you are or have an accompanying rider between 36" and 56")
1629809556312.png

Nothing at Universal is as bad as a Disney dance party.

So I guess my bar for calling something bad, is it makes me squirm, so maybe I'm just the worst mark for Disney theme park branding and find Universal a welcome reprieve from that nonsense.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

I love this idea and flat-out may never get on it. I've only ridden Falcon's Fury maybe 4 times total and I've had to really nudge myself to do it each of those times but this idea is full stop nope. :lol:

Reactions: WAJAS
If they do this upgrade to Doom it'll be an insane addition imo. For all the talk of "Fear Fall" and "Fear levels at max" in the queue and preshow, Doom is incredibly mild. Even relaxing to an extent imo with the views and wind.

This potential upgrade will bring the Fear to Doom's Fear Fall.

When I was on Doom yesterday, I was in 2, and right below at the outside of the tower there was a white tent, has this anything to do with work on Doom?