Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dr. Doom Refurbishment

Guys, I think they're just doing a refurb on the tower tops. They've never had a major referb before and are getting a fresh coat of gold paint. It will be done within the next 2-3 weeks. That's it.
I’m probably only person lowkey happy with this lol. I’m not at this resort as often as others, the views this gives is only reason I ride. Yes, all 4 sides too.

So the rumors of the towers being replaced weren’t true huh? I think Doom needs to be updated. Especially the queue.
Doom's queue is it's only plus. One of the most underrated queues in theme parks. The queue is better than the ride. I've skipped my Express Pass entry, just so I could walk through the queue.

Last edited:
I've only done Express. I guess i will have to go through when im there in two weeks.
I was the same. I didn't go through the regular queue for the first couple years I rode. One day, the line was only 5 or 10 minutes, so out of curiosity I skipped using my Express, I was
mildly surprised and quite pleased. It's no Potter level queue, but it is quite interesting visually. Not what I expected. Much better than expectations.