Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing rumblings of managers calling UO full-timers to see if they could come in this weekend. Original opening goal for parks was June 1st, but I've heard they're trying to get ahead of that and open late-May. They need as much slow testing as they can before HHN season.

I know they've been calling but all calls are about availability AFTER May 31. I do not think a "late May" opening is in the cards.

I imagine this will definitely be improved over coming weeks. I can't see a timeline where any theme park opens and has great social distancing measures implemented immediately. Security and general workers will become more accustomed to what is acceptable and what isn't with time. No one has really dealt with this before.

Not saying it's a good thing or anything, just that it is expected. I'm definitely not going to Citywalk anytime soon.

Hearing rumblings of managers calling UO full-timers to see if they could come in this weekend. Original opening goal for parks was June 1st, but I've heard they're trying to get ahead of that and open late-May. They need as much slow testing as they can before HHN season.
I'm glad to hear this for HHN but also for Hollywood.

Doubt CA parks will open within the next 45 days but maybe after Florida parks open up and show you can safely do it, we can have the parks here open sooner than later.

Reactions: Clive
Hearing rumblings of managers calling UO full-timers to see if they could come in this weekend. Original opening goal for parks was June 1st, but I've heard they're trying to get ahead of that and open late-May.
I’ve actually heard the opposite from some TMs who were originally called in for the last week of May to prep but we’re just told not to now. Might be different departments or whatever so who knows. But the impression I get from some folks is that they’re not prepared yet.

Regardless, the next couple weeks of CityWalk being open will be a good test run, and they’ll learn a lot from it I’m sure.

New Mutants is once again scheduled for a theatrical realease on August 28th, not PVOD:

I keep getting weirdly mixed signals from friends in the industry. Right now, I've been told that all small parks and attractions are ramping up and are simply waiting for the green light from the county, who has since deferred them to the state. Everything from Island H2O live to Fun Spot fits that description. However, the game gets a bit different when it comes to the big three. For the big three to open, one of them will have to be the first to pull off the band-aid. I personally doubt any band-aids get pulled before mid-June, and if we are looking at mid-June, it will be Universal or SeaWorld. The only question in my head is if SeaWorld still has enough market leverage to pull WDW and UOR out of hibernation.
To be honest, my educated guess is that we see smaller attractions/parks reopening late-May/early-June. By mid-June, testing starts at the Uni parks, signaling to other major players that it is time to get ready. By late June/early July we have our first park open, most likely a Uni park, but maybe SeaWorld, and then Disney isn't too far behind with the rollout of one or two parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.