Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Publix would be thrilled to have them 2-3 days per week, and I say that with absolutely no sarcasm or snark. And if they're getting paid, that would be a great opportunity to try to come out of this with a little bit more savings.

It's going to be interesting to see how quickly Disney can put it all back together after going the furlough route - I know of multiple people there, both operations and analytical roles, who have straight up left the area and taken jobs out of state.

I really think Florida may not even open until July, never mind California.
I'd love to hear what the heads of the parks in CA think. Like what makes this state Different? We handled it so well and its weird to just be like "we are pushing off reopening.....because"

If I was the head's of the local governments I'd see what these companies have planned and if they seem safe say go ahead...open up.
None of the parks are going to be over 30% and all are going to be very careful to help not spread it, and honeslty once you open up gyms/hair salons, I see zero arguments on why a theme parks can't open.

I'd love to hear what the heads of the parks in CA think. Like what makes this state Different? We handled it so well and its weird to just be like "we are pushing off reopening.....because"

If I was the head's of the local governments I'd see what these companies have planned and if they seem safe say go ahead...open up.
None of the parks are going to be over 30% and all are going to be very careful to help not spread it, and honeslty once you open up gyms/hair salons, I see zero arguments on why a theme parks can't open.
It is your governor stoping them from opening, currently.

probably the same way elon musk feels lol

Reactions: Mad Dog
If Universal and Disney are going to announce reopening plans anytime soon, tomorrow’s the day to do it. They’ll have a lot of media attention.
Whenever Disney or Universal (but especially Disney) announce reopening plans, they'll be given butt loads of media attention. Heck, look at how publicized Shanghai's opening was in the US.
However, for smaller players, tomorrow would be a great day to capitalize on the press power that they usually wouldn't get.

Whenever Disney or Universal (but especially Disney) announce reopening plans, they'll be given butt loads of media attention. Heck, look at how publicized Shanghai's opening was in the US.
However, for smaller players, tomorrow would be a great day to capitalize on the press power that they usually wouldn't get.
Of course. But tomorrow’s the only day the Vice President will be there, which means lots of extra press following him around. The optics would be good too.

Agreed though that it means more to the smaller players or even Sea World.

Right... no transportation, no hotels, large passholder base... it’s easier to get the ball rolling (if the 90% who were let go come back).

Will be interesting to see how SW handles annual pass extensions now that there are so many more platinum passes and their park openings will probably be staggered.

It is your governor stoping them from opening, currently.
In Theory, lets say by August we are the same we are now and the Governor keeps allowing the date to be pushed back and Disney World is open...I just don't get why Disneyland would stay shut.

I'd LOVEEE to see the response if Disney is like we are reopening like in Florida. Who would they call in? The cops? Because I doubt the national guard would shut down Disney.

But it will be interesting for sure if cases seem to be going like they are now and CA stays shut down, at what point do Businesses just safely reopen, laws or not.

I don't know if I'd call it a soft open so much as a test run. IIRC, at SDL, people were effectively given itineraries and told to test x, y, z, etc.
Knowing Universal and how they opened Volcano Bay, they will likely schedule people in rolling 4 hour shifts to do basically what you said and test out whatever they need you to.

I got paid to go to VB before it opened so I can sort of imagine how that might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.