Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not just the Phillies, but the Lightning as well.

ETA: At this point, I'll be amazed if the NBA are given the go-ahead to resume at Disney.

• Sad
Reactions: Clive and MrBlonde
Reactions: SeventyOne
Stories I saw didn't say. My educated speculation would be gambling cruises--those are actually back sailing again.
Thanks. I was wondering who could possibly want the ships. That makes sense......Gambling odds for the day on the ship....5 to 1 you get CV...100 to 1 you ?....like Russian Roulette in the Deer Hunter film..What gambler could pass that up. :lol:

Thanks. I was wondering who could possibly want the ships. That makes sense......Gambling odds for the day on the ship....5 to 1 you get CV...100 to 1 you ?....like Russian Roulette in the Deer Hunter film..What gambler could pass that up. :lol:
Well, Pandemic or no Pandemic, those Fantasy class ships were getting very old and very small for what is expected in today's cruising environment. They had very dated interiors as well. If not for the pandemic causing the company lot's of financial pain, i'd say it's a solid idea to at least phase out the Fantasy class. They will definitely need to be downsizing now though. I think they will have the hardest time out of all cruise lines surviving this.

I know some are confused about AMC but how I see it, mainly the masks being on now is when your inside and not eating.
Which is a ton of the time your in the business. Some will abuse it but I rather have a rule than no rules at all, this makes me more into keeping A-list to help them out.

Reactions: Alicia
I think they mainly will just want you to make sure you keep the mask on when in the hallways and more social areas. With seating likely to be so spread out, people having their masks down in a theater honestly shouldn't be too much of an issue since people will likely be well more than 6 feet from each other.

I think they mainly will just want you to make sure you keep the mask on when in the hallways and more social areas. With seating likely to be so spread out, people having their masks down in a theater honestly shouldn't be too much of an issue since people will likely be well more than 6 feet from each other.

Keep in mind though that we still don't fully understand the risks of that scenario, either. Some studies have indicated not having a mask on and sitting in an interior space with recirculated air flow can be a risk, which would apply to movie theaters, too.

Reactions: Nick
Even Robb Alvey, who almost exclusively (at least in regards to the Florida parks) hates on Universal had harsh things to say about SW's opening strategy. Ah well, it's mandated now that people wear masks.
This may be the wrong thread for this, but just a curiosity question for the members of the forum: Do you personally think, or is there any credence to the notion that guests behave differently at different parks, and if so, is that due to park policies or other factors?

NOTE: (not necessarily talking about cultural differences or COVID differences, though impressions on those are welcome, moreso differences in guest behavior at various USA theme park locations pre-COVID)

This may be the wrong thread for this, but just a curiosity question for the members of the forum: Do you personally think, or is there any credence to the notion that guests behave differently at different parks, and if so, is that due to park policies or other factors?

NOTE: (not necessarily talking about cultural differences or COVID differences, though impressions on those are welcome, moreso differences in guest behavior at various USA theme park locations pre-COVID)
My guess, and observation from tons of visits, is that I think it's mostly predicated on the demographic of their majority guests. Universal, Disney, Regional parks have very different demographics, which would translate into different behaviors.

From what i've seen, people are certainly more... behaved at Disney Springs and Universal. Why? Because people are on top of them telling them to keep their masks on. SeaWorld is seems to be figuring it out as they go and there's much less compliance. This is why I wish Wal-Mart, Target, etc would require masks for entry. People will still go to these places and they will comply if they are told that they have to and the staff is on them about it. They may not like it, but the compliance rate will be much higher and thus customers will feel safer.

From what i've seen, people are certainly more... behaved at Disney Springs and Universal. Why? Because people are on top of them telling them to keep their masks on. SeaWorld is seems to be figuring it out as they go and there's much less compliance. This is why I wish Wal-Mart, Target, etc would require masks for entry. People will still go to these places and they will comply if they are told that they have to and the staff is on them about it. They may not like it, but the compliance rate will be much higher and thus customers will feel safer.
There are loads of places that “require” masks for entry; the issue is enforcement. That is where Disney and Universal have excelled, because they have gone mostly out of their way to enforce stuff compared to other groups. Supposedly SeaWorld got the memo and will start enforcing a little more soon.

Reactions: SeventyOne
There are loads of places that “require” masks for entry; the issue is enforcement. That is where Disney and Universal have excelled, because they have gone mostly out of their way to enforce stuff compared to other groups. Supposedly SeaWorld got the memo and will start enforcing a little more soon.
None of the grocery stores near me require masks. Therefore, I almost always order on their app, have them bring it to me, and then I wipe stuff down just in case. I'd go in more if I felt like there was good enforcement at these places. I feel probably the safest in Orlando (outside of my house) at Disney Springs and Universal ironically, because I see enforcement and mask usage - outside of when people are eating - is as close to 100% as you can get in a society that hates to follow rules.

Reactions: Clive and n i c k
So to summarize, in the last few days, Apple has closed many of its Florida stores, MLB teams have started to move out of state after several players have tested positive, MNSSHP has been cancelled, and cruises have been cancelled until mid September. Over the last two weeks cases in Orange County have increased 650%.

I’m pretty convinced WDW will delay reopening next week. And I still think there is a decent chance Uni has to move back towards closure in the next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.