Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 247 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only these theaters could also play what's on VOD as well. Some people would really opt to go to the multiplexes for Mulan, Bill & Ted 3, Ava, Sponge on the Run, etc. Wish it didn't have to be one or the other or only drive-ins in a lot of these cases.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
No one is going to take the vaccine because the current administration is forcing a bypass of FDA protocol to have it "available" by the election in 3 weeks.
Ah, they actually backed off that today, they're accepting the FDA protocols. Inposted the article a couple pages back.

Reactions: Frogki
If only these theaters could also play what's on VOD as well. Some people would really opt to go to the multiplexes for Mulan, Bill & Ted 3, Ava, Sponge on the Run, etc. Wish it didn't have to be one or the other or only drive-ins in a lot of these cases.
I would and still would see B&T in the theater. I haven't seen it yet.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I think one of the few upsides of all this, is that it could knock the theaters out of the catbird seat on this issue.

So I hope no one here needed reflif because you won't be getting until 2021. If Trump wins.....my god help America. He is trying to bride people who need money to vote for him so they might get it sooner.
Please just vote your local and state representatives and remember how they didn't do anything for you this year.

• Angry
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I think August of next year for theaters being relatively safe, personally. Assuming that we get approval of the furthest along candidate (currently Pfizer) in late Dec, supply is still going to be extremely limited. I think it'll be mid- to late-April before it starts rolling out to people past the most vulnerable population, and then you have a 2 dose schedule with a month between doses and 10+ days after your second dose until you're actually protected. That puts you at June-July at the earliest.

I think August of next year for theaters being relatively safe, personally. Assuming that we get approval of the furthest along candidate (currently Pfizer) in late Dec, supply is still going to be extremely limited. I think it'll be mid- to late-April before it starts rolling out to people past the most vulnerable population, and then you have a 2 dose schedule with a month between doses and 10+ days after your second dose until you're actually protected. That puts you at June-July at the earliest.
Agreed all around. The good news is (hopefully) we'll have multiple vaccines rolling out next year and therefore more options to get more people vaccinated.

Agreed all around. The good news is (hopefully) we'll have multiple vaccines rolling out next year and therefore more options to get more people vaccinated.
I'm hopeful on that too, but I don't think it'll change the timeline all that much. Approval for the others is at least a month behind, maybe more in the case of Oxford due to increased scrutiny due to the clinical pause, and they all have a similar 2 dose schedule. Johnson and Johnson is the only one that's a single dose, and it just started their phase 3 trial last week. If you have multiple vaccines available it'll edge you forward to March, maybe? And that's assuming that they all are efficacious and get approved in early 2021.

Regardless, you're looking at Summer before theaters start to be a reasonable place to be (unless you're renting out the whole theater which is apparently only $50 for weekday matinees for old movies at the Cinemark near me)

I'm hopeful on that too, but I don't think it'll change the timeline all that much. Approval for the others is at least a month behind, maybe more in the case of Oxford due to increased scrutiny due to the clinical pause, and they all have a similar 2 dose schedule. Johnson and Johnson is the only one that's a single dose, and it just started their phase 3 trial last week. If you have multiple vaccines available it'll edge you forward to March, maybe? And that's assuming that they all are efficacious and get approved in early 2021.
Oh, I meant more in the case of doses than timeline. The more options we have, theoretically that means the quicker we can get a higher percentage of the population vaccinated. Considering it *seems* like most of the vaccines will be closer to the flu vaccine's 60%-ish efficiency, the quicker we get more people vaccinated the better

Are theaters not looking into the new advanced air filtration systems being added to airplanes and cruise ships? Not sure if it's too costly.

Are theaters not looking into the new advanced air filtration systems being added to airplanes and cruise ships? Not sure if it's too costly.
Most theaters don’t own their space. It’s rented. As a result, changes to the ventilation systems is the responsibility of the landlord. Any tenant requests for infrastructure changes has to be approved by the landlord and, depending on the contract, the option extended to all the other tenants.

So it should probably be pointed out that unlike Regal, AMC and Cinemark currently plan on staying open:

Alita: Battle Angel has announced a re-release as well. Say what you want about Alita, but the fanbase is RABID and extremely hungry for a sequel. This is a good movie to pick to put back in to at least try and fill a gap between openings if they truly are planning on staying open.

Status
Not open for further replies.