Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, may be a brilliant move on his/the studio's part. If you're the only big new movie released, people will be flocking to it. Assuming that theaters are fully open by then of course.
Idk if they'll be "flocking". I don't doubt they'll be a crowd but I don't think it'll do gangbusters. I mean Onward only made $40 mil in its opening weekend, and that was like when this was begging to ramp up. When its beginning to ramp down but restrictions are lifted, I assume numbers more similar to that. Onward was originally expected to make around 55-60+

Reactions: tankart150
Idk if they'll be "flocking". I don't doubt they'll be a crowd but I don't think it'll do gangbusters. I mean Onward only made $40 mil in its opening weekend, and that was like when this was begging to ramp up. When its beginning to ramp down but restrictions are lifted, I assume numbers more similar to that. Onward was originally expected to make around 55-60+

But, there wasn't a "yearning" by many people to go see a movie at that time. After months of not being able to see a first run film in a theater? That'll increase demand.

Reactions: Andysol
Just had a "duh" thought.

The phased openings are at the discretion of the governors of each state on how to implement. But further, as it mentions in the guidelines; governors can choose to allow counties to implement their individual strategies if they so desire.

For many counties; this could be a good thing. They'll have a local handle on it, yadda yadda. But if Gov. DeSantis in FL decides to let the counties dictate who opens what; then it's really up to Orange County what flies or not.
That's something that can't get lost in this. DeSantis might choose to be hands-off and let the counties dictate it.

When we hear from DeSantis on how they plan to reopen the state; whether it's from a state-wide level or a county-wide level will likely give lots of clues to how and when the reopening of WDW/UOR will occur.

But, there wasn't a "yearning" by many people to go see a movie at that time. After months of not being able to see a first run film in a theater? That'll increase demand.
Eh, I think it'll balance out. Cause I'm yearning to go to the movies, but I don't plan to go until the end of the year at the earliest, if then. I am admittedly an anxious person in general but a movie theatre is not my first feeling of comfort anymore, sadly. Plus, many theatres are very likely to be at reduced capacity, thus making the profit less. I don't think it'll do terribly but I don't see it being massive even if its the only new thing for a month or two I just don't. I don't see all Americans returning to normal right away. Heck I know people who are like JUST beginning to take this seriously and they're even saying when bans are lifted on things they're waiting a few weeks.

Truly I don't think they'll be an automatic trend. There's a crowd who'll go and theres a crowd who won't. I think it'll be that way for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.