Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really worry the long term detriment this could have on the Orlando parks if cases start to skyrocket and things get really bad in Florida. It's what most experts predict with opening things too early, and it's not like Florida was closed all that long anyway.
They will skyrocket again once we let people out

Which begs the question, do we lock up again? Herd immunity? Did we just buy ourselves time for hospitals to catch up?

Reactions: Andysol
They will skyrocket again once we let people out

Which begs the question, do we lock up again? Herd immunity? Did we just buy ourselves time for hospitals to catch up?
The point was to buy time for the hospitals, which we have. Numbers will go up, but the hospitals should be in a much less dire situation. Doing this nationwide quarantine was always going to prolong this thing, but out of necessity.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Andysol
The point was to buy time for the hospitals, which we have. Numbers will go up, but the hospitals should be in a much less dire situation. Doing this nationwide quarantine was always going to prolong this thing, but out of necessity.
I mean, hospitals still don’t have adequate PPE, and the government doesn’t seem to care about getting it to them, so I’m not sure how more prepared they are now

Reactions: Frogki and youhow2
I mean, hospitals still don’t have adequate PPE, and the government doesn’t seem to care about getting it to them, so I’m not sure how more prepared they are now
While true, they’re still better off than the massive crumbling of the hospital system we were in extreme danger of.

Obviously, the hospitals aren’t out of the woods yet, but whatever happens, we’ll be better off because we did the physical distancing.

Reactions: Frogki and Andysol

Welp... hope it only took a couple of weeks to burn through. If it didn’t...

This is mortifying that it is already that busy. Tomorrow and Sunday will probably be pretty bad.

Pinellas (Clearwater) decided to not open today, they will revisit the matter Tuesday.
Rest of the state gonna daytrip to open beaches if there is no coordination

Reactions: SeventyOne
Luckily, Orange County and Osceola County are controlled by Democrats, so hopefully they continue to stay closed as long as needed.

Been down here over two decades and was active in local politics for a lot of that. Party labels mean nothing at that level. And Orange County is run by Disney, Harris Rosen and land developers, with a little input from Universal and maybe the Chamber.

Clarification on the beaches. It’s only supposed to be for exercise, and no chairs, picnics, etc.

Still not great, and they may need to enforce those rules come Sat/Sun.

When the parks open, I wonder if they will open up every extended queue with 6ft gaps marked out in tape on the floor. Having queues going directly back and forth wouldn't allow for a 6ft gap when passing in the opposite direction.

Universal Orlando survey out there, wants to know how AP holders feel about possible precautions once the parks reopen. Put how you feel about: requiring everyone pass a 15 min Covid test to enter, disallow those with fevers, no self serve food/beverage stations, require TMs to wear masks, require guests to wear masks, require 6 feet distance at all times, TMs wipe down ride vehicles after every use, parks at 50% capacity, parks at 75% capacity, all indoor rides/shows closed.

That outta give you an idea of what they’re considering.

Universal Orlando survey out there, wants to know how AP holders feel about possible precautions once the parks reopen. Put how you feel about: requiring everyone pass a 15 min Covid test to enter, disallow those with fevers, no self serve food/beverage stations, require TMs to wear masks, require guests to wear masks, require 6 feet distance at all times, TMs wipe down ride vehicles after every use, parks at 50% capacity, parks at 75% capacity, all indoor rides/shows closed.

That outta give you an idea of what they’re considering.

I think most of those are logical. Not sure where they’re going to get enough tests, and closing all indoor rides/shows will basically leave like...four things to do?

HA! They are actually considering the Abbott Labs test! Some of you here scoffed at me when I brought it up recently...

If they can do many of those things and air the info on cable and social media promotions then they might have a good chance of at least paying the light bill. Closing indoor rides ain't gonna cut it though... perhaps they can re-jig the air conditioning systems to cool fresh outside air only... no recirculated air. (constantly cooling fresh air from outside sounds expensive)

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.