Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asking even though i know it’s hard to predict, me and a family member (both young adults) were considering setting up a trip to UniOrlando in late late summer, do you guys think it’ll be open by then? I know they’re lenient with last minute cancellations with all that’s going on but should i really get my hopes up?

Reactions: tankart150
I still worry about walking around my neighborhood. I’m not in downtown Portland so it’s not City-life, more urban. My street isn’t necessarily “busy” but there are more people walking out than ever. Idk I just don’t fully trust it but that might be my own anxiety. Walking with a mask (while I fully beleive in the idea), is not relaxing to me.

I think what might be calming to you and to others is to just have your mask down around your neck or in your hand as you walk with others distant. If you find yourself getting closer than 6-8’ put the mask on until you are in the clear once again.

Just asking even though i know it’s hard to predict, me and a family member (both young adults) were considering setting up a trip to UniOrlando in late late summer, do you guys think it’ll be open by then? I know they’re lenient with last minute cancellations with all that’s going on but should i really get my hopes up?
I imagine it'd be open by then, but nothing is guaranteed at this point.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I still worry about walking around my neighborhood. I’m not in downtown Portland so it’s not City-life, more urban. My street isn’t necessarily “busy” but there are more people walking out than ever. Idk I just don’t fully trust it but that might be my own anxiety. Walking with a mask (while I fully beleive in the idea), is not relaxing to me.
I think what might be calming to you and to others is to just have your mask down around your neck or in your hand as you walk with others distant. If you find yourself getting closer than 6-8’ put the mask on until you are in the clear once again.
Remember the mask is to stop you from spreading it not to stop you from getting it.

So, hard to get a grasp on outdoor transmission by it's very nature, but here's a hopefully good sign for the parks moving forward, especially if they try and limit indoor time as much as possible

I hope we can do more testing here...I'm just not sure I trust anything coming China. The numbers might not be accurate not because of the people studying this but because the government might not be giving them the correct info.

BUT if true this is good.

I still worry about walking around my neighborhood. I’m not in downtown Portland so it’s not City-life, more urban. My street isn’t necessarily “busy” but there are more people walking out than ever. Idk I just don’t fully trust it but that might be my own anxiety. Walking with a mask (while I fully believe in the idea), is not relaxing to me.
Do you have people who don't move away from you when you walk/run by them? That's what kills me, if your going to be out practice being 6 feet apart.

Do you have people who don't move away from you when you walk/run by them? That's what kills me, if your going to be out practice being 6 feet apart.
There was a group of about a dozen people, half of them kids, walking towards me while I was running outside. It was very strange because there hadn't been anybody else on the path and suddenly here's this large group of multiple parents and their kids just walking together casually. It was so strange given the times, it felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.

There was a group of about a dozen people, half of them kids, walking towards me while I was running outside. It was very strange because there hadn't been anybody else on the path and suddenly here's this large group of multiple parents and their kids just walking together casually. It was so strange given the times, it felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.

Just yell, “I have Hepatitis C, please stand back”. An air horn might work well too.

This drought Florida's in couldn't have come at a worse time.

It was a rough March... those of us with allergies always look forward to the rain that washes away the leftover pollen but I think Orlando went about 40 days from late February to early April with any rainfall.

it’s very unsanitary
Then stop posting :grin:

To actually address your point however, I think past a certain point both Disney and Universal have to open the parks lest they face an even more financially catastrophic future. Also if anything, I think a second wave in the Florida area would be more likely in the fall rather than the summer, assuming that heat affects CV spread like we hope it does.

Reactions: Frogki
I highly doubt the parks will be open this summer maybe even this year, we’re gonna have a second wave this December just like the flu
At this point who knows......I see article from both sides saying Disneyland will open in June here is how....and then others saying Disneyland will be closed until next year here is why....and Trump can't make up his mind on what he thinks on the virus. First its fake news....then sure its real but wont affect us, ok sure it affected us but we are ahead it, its over reopen now to save people jobs, wait wait don't do that could make the economy worst.

Remember the mask is to stop you from spreading it not to stop you from getting it.

they do protect a little.

YmPonaj.jpg

aE371aK.jpg

the triangle of safety

QaLfPfT.png

technically you mostly need it indoors, or in any crowd

I think they'll be open, but I also think they'll remain value-engineered. Be able to hit the highlights -- probably with not horrible lines -- but expect to see a lot of shuttered C-tickets, snack bars and shops.

Reactions: Grabnar and Clive
Status
Not open for further replies.