Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lmao nah I just meant that the most accurate site for Covid news is this one. Like I read a lot of left and right news sites; but this one site shares stories and news I never would've found normally. Scotland is having a rise in cases? ABC News doesn't cover that, but the IU Forums do.
You are VERY on point here!!! I could not agree more. Super rational and reasoned on here, it’s incredibly refreshing. Hate hearing about Scotland cause my sister is studying there but what can I do.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You could get trespassed if you violate a business's rules and refuse to leave but now the local authorities that passed a mask mandate cannot fine you. Kinda takes the teeth out of it and before the business could be closed for not following the mandate, Now? Nope open and party! NO consequences possible.
They can't fine you, but go into a Target and yell at the top of your lungs for a while and see what happens

Reactions: Grabnar
The Florida government is being very short-sighted. They can try to downplay the issue as much as they want to and lift restrictions, but the fact is the long-term Market is way more dependent on International tourists then domestic ones. The economy is going to be crushed as long as those foreign governments will not let people vacation to Florida or will make them quarantine on return if they do go there. The current Disney leadership is extremely afraid of giving domestic visitors any real discounts as they are apart from Florida residents the people they were able to get the most money out of.

The Florida government is being very short-sighted. They can try to downplay the issue as much as they want to and lift restrictions, but the fact is the long-term Market is way more dependent on International tourists then domestic ones. The economy is going to be crushed as long as those foreign governments will not let people vacation to Florida or will make them quarantine on return if they do go there. The current Disney leadership is extremely afraid of giving domestic visitors any real discounts as they are apart from Florida residents the people they were able to get the most money out of.
That's true to a large extent, but Disney is still getting 50% of their attendance from out of state tourists (per Disney public statement) , so there's still a decent domestic market there willing to travel with covid restrictions, though normal figures are 20% attendance in state residents and 80% domestic & international. There won't probably be an international market until mid summer 2021 or later, so WDW will need to continue adjusting to that fact and keep some cost cutting measures in place. Bottom line, this covid situation is a mess.

Reactions: Grabnar
Knowing what we know now about the virus, I'm less concerned about surfaces and more about the airspace. I don't think it's a huge deal if Universal goes back to using fingerprint scanners, but I also have little doubt that the attendants are wiping them down between each use.

Reactions: Frogki and Teebin
Knowing what we know now about the virus, I'm less concerned about surfaces and more about the airspace. I don't think it's a huge deal if Universal goes back to using fingerprint scanners, but I also have little doubt that the attendants are wiping them down between each use.

Yeah, I am more concerned about things like conjunctivitis and impetigo from touching objects in a park, so I do wash my hands for that stuff. Not so much this virus at all as I don’t believe that’s how it spreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.