Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Emeril's CityWalk Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is it will be a "Family Steakhouse" menu (think Longhorn) with a more contemporary/metro look. As opposed to a full on a la carte steakhouse like Del Frisco's or Morton's since Palm already has that market covered.

I would think Palm is staying, but who knows, right?

Also- remember that Hard Rock doesn't aim for the conference crowd- Sapphire, Royal Pacific Portofino and now Aventura moreso do. And they love dressing up and taking a boat to Citywalk for dinner.

Emerils was the 100% prime location in citywalk- nothing was really better outside of maybe NBC sports Grill.

It is also one of, if not the, only stand-alone restaurant building there (everything else has shared walls). Not to mention the floor to ceiling walls. It'll be interesting to see if they go truly high end or moderate. Considering Vivo isn't high-end but moderate, that might be the lean; or, they feel they need a high end presence. I think either would be very successful.

Emeril’s wasn’t that big, right?

Universal seems to build large family restaurants with a ton of capacity. I don’t see that happening on the Emeril’s lot

Emeril’s wasn’t that big, right?

Universal seems to build large family restaurants with a ton of capacity. I don’t see that happening on the Emeril’s lot
Yeah it was high but not wide. Probably 30 - 40 tables. Lots of room to cram more in though, it was a very open plan.

I would think Palm is staying, but who knows, right?

Also- remember that Hard Rock doesn't aim for the conference crowd- Sapphire, Royal Pacific Portofino and now Aventura moreso do. And they love dressing up and taking a boat to Citywalk for dinner.

Emerils was the 100% prime location in citywalk- nothing was really better outside of maybe NBC sports Grill.

It is also one of, if not the, only stand-alone restaurant building there (everything else has shared walls). Not to mention the floor to ceiling walls. It'll be interesting to see if they go truly high end or moderate. Considering Vivo isn't high-end but moderate, that might be the lean; or, they feel they need a high end presence. I think either would be very successful.
My guess is it'll look high end with great service, but it will be less expensive than Ruth's Chris. And I don't think it will be a la carte.

I don't know a ton about trademarks, but the BigFire Grill trademark is now "published for opposition."

Sounds like somebody is challenging it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 3.39.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 3.39.24 PM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.